PDA

View Full Version : DISSERTATION FINISHED!

Nod
04-25-2005, 06:40 PM
I just wanted to let you ALL know that I have finished my dissertation!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So if any of you want to know about the role that Reductionism plays in Orthodox Medicine and the role that Holism plays in Traditional Chinese Medicine feel free to ask!

8'000 words all finished and everything!!!! WOOO-HOOO!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :) :) :) :) :) :roll:
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Rye
04-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Wow. :o That's a lot of words for an essay.

CaptRory
04-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Congratulations!

Nod
04-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Thankyou! I am celebrating by posting on EoFF without feeling guilty about it cos ive done all my work!
I stayed up all last night finishing it! so im gonna head down the pub at some point and celebrate in style!
IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!

CaptRory
04-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Print a copy and burn a copy to a CD (or copy it to a floppy) before you go out celebrating. You don't want anything to happen to it.

gokufusionss1
04-25-2005, 07:01 PM
bastard.

Nod
04-25-2005, 07:06 PM
bastard.

Dude, i can accurately say that i wrote 6'000 words of it in a weekend!

oh man i hope i pass!

To all you out there who are thinking of leaving BIG essays to the last minute, dont- its far too stressful :roll:

DMKA
04-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Wow, and here I am bitching about this 2,000 word essay I have due Friday.

Psychotic
04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :) :) :) :) :) :roll:
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:I agree. I hope this was included. Of the 8,000 words I'd make sure they made up 6,372 of them.

ShivaBlizzard8
04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
When I read that this title was a finished dissertation, I thought you meant you just got your Ph.D. (which is usually what disseration refers to).

Yet finishing a big paper is always a good feeling regardless. Congrats! Have a nice nap. I'm going to procrastinate more on starting my master's thesis. *twiddles thumbs* :p

Nod
04-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Excuse me, but a dissertation is a form of literary review, as opposed to a research project. Mine was counting towards my BA, its not just a big paper!
:D
:p

edit: i just realised how stupid what Ive posted looks. yeah, i guess it is just a big paper in essence,but im still SO happy to have gotten it over with! :smash: !!!

amratis
04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Well done Nod, and seeing as you completely wrote it in the last WEEK, you did a pretty good job :D

And here's silly me thinking dissertations are supposed to take months of work.... ;) :D

sephiroth JR
04-25-2005, 07:40 PM
good show

Psychotic
04-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Well done Nod, and seeing as you completely wrote it in the last WEEK, you did a pretty good job :D

And here's silly me thinking dissertations are supposed to take months of work.... ;) :DWhy do something now when you can do it at the last minute? WHY AMRA, WHY?

Nod
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM

And here's silly me thinking dissertations are supposed to take months of work.... ;) :DWhy do something now when you can do it at the last minute? WHY AMRA, WHY?

Exactly. i like the rush of worry i get when i know that my whole dgree is hanging in the balance! OMGWTF???????

amratis
04-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Because, thats why :D

and also because it makes more sense, afterall it counts for quite alot of the marks.

Sphere
04-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Congratulations!

I also have an 8000 word essay due for *thinks* 1-2 months.

Except, that mine is differentiating from yours, as it is an in depth analogy of three books, which are: The Da Vinci Code, Fahrenheit 451, and Forged Metal.

I recommend the book "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury, as it is an oppinionated theory associated with the future of modern literature, yet it is combined with a futuristic plot, which categorises in the genre: Science fiction thriller.

Wow, i'm impressed... 8000 words. Must have been intensly frustrating, attempting to successfully accomplish the requirements, with minimum repetition! Or rambling for that matter ^_^

P.S. I'm dreading doing anything to that extent *shivers*, well at least I don't have to worry about it for a while! (I'm currently 15 years of age)
Fortunately, my essay enabled me to adapt from the idea's within the plot, and evolve them, yet yours is based on pure originality! I commend you on your accomplishment! *claps*

Nod
04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Thankyou. IT wasnt as hard as it seems, merely an examination of the extent to which reductionism plays a role in Biomedicine; which isnt as great as it once was due to a lot of intergration going on between therapies etc. and Holism in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Plus, i looked at the role Dualism plays in both, and how Vitalism is displayed in TCM (which in the strictest sense it actually isnt). So i had a lot to talk about. Almost too much actually :D

:beer:
:beer:

Psychotic
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
and also because it makes more sense, afterall it counts for quite alot of the marks.So why does it matter WHEN it's done as long as it's done? :D

amratis
04-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Because something you rush to do in a week very probably could have been done better if it was done over the course of a couple of months.

Psychotic
04-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Because something you rush to do in a week very probably could have been done better if it was done over the course of a couple of months.The pressure gets your adrenalin pumping and everyone performs better with more adrenalin!

Plus more free time :D

amratis
04-25-2005, 09:01 PM
The pressure gets your adrenalin pumping and everyone performs better with more adrenalin!

Well I guess this is true, and I cant really talk as I often leave things to the very last min. But still.

and yes I know I'm coming across as a complete old woman. :p :D

Skogs
04-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I hate you.

(mine's due on monday)

withered
04-25-2005, 09:09 PM
What, adrenaline actually decresses thought process in general. It activates your most essential survival instincts and that is why you always seem in a muddle when you are stressed till you finally get your flow back and it all starts pouring out of your head in nice long trains of thought.

gokufusionss1
05-04-2005, 12:16 PM
i've managed to finish my draft dissertation 7000 words it meant i had to abandon sleep for 4 days and still needs some fine tuning but at least i'll have something to hand in.