PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arms

wuglendei
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
I just bought wild arms 1 n 2
I enjoyed the first one a whole hell of alot but i never beat it ~lost the cursed memory card~
Now i take a go at Wild arms 1 n 2
Im not far at ALL in WA1 but its decent enough.......havent played 2nd one yet. What are some of your thoughts of WILD ARMS 1? Is 2 any good? Did u like three? jUST POST some of your opinions on the game
Thx and cya

Pure Strife
04-25-2005, 09:17 PM
3 was so godawfully frustrating at times it made me want to cry, therefore I haven't even considering touching the others with a forty foot pole.

TheAbominatrix
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
I never played 3. I very much enjoyed the original, it was a lot of fun (I cant wait to get the remake), and the second one was fun too, though different.

wuglendei
04-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Wild arms 3 was brillient!! Well what i played of it...and that was like a good 12 hours or so. I got purty far
But what i played of the originals i enjoyed

Lindy
04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
I am...angry.

WA2 never came to England, we only got WA and WA3. I expect we won't get a look in on WA:Alter Code F, or The Fourth Detonator.

Argh.

Zifnab
04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
I've beaten original and the second one, got pretty far in the third one but I keep getting distracted by other games, which is weird because when I do play it I enjoy it a fair bit.

Jack
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I only got the first one, which I loved intensely. It (in fact) is my Mother's favourite game of ALL Time (Taking in account she's played a lot of RPGs/Puzzle games and thrashed them all)

Dignified Pauper
04-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Wild Arms is looked over a lot, and it really is a great RPG. The second one was just as good as the first. The third, meh' never got a chance to play it, but from the looks of it, it didn't seem as great as the others.

fire_of_avalon
04-26-2005, 04:14 PM
I've only played the first one, but I love it. Hmm, maybe I'll replay it soon...

DMKA
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
There's gonna be a remake? :confused:

Lindy
04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Wild Arms : Alter Code F (Wild Arms remake) (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/918799.html)

JaytodaP
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Wild arms 2 was possibly one of the best RPGs ever(Better than a lot of FFs!) WA3 was also good but there weren't many characters to play as(just 4) and the main character sucks until the end of the game

Dreddz
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
WA games are boring

Lindy
04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Says the person who pays for and plays basically the same game over and over, just with an added slightly different version of a character and maybe a couple of new moves.

You know what I'm talking about.

What's more boring, a deep RPG with a wide variety of characters and an involving storyline, or pummeling the same people over and over with overpowered moves to the tune of a "story".

But then, it's all down to opinion, just in mine your taste in games is awful~

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2005, 10:40 PM
There's gonna be a remake? :confused:

Lindy gave you the title, and yes yes yes. It's gonna be out next month I believe. It's got updated graphics, extra characters (not random ones, just people from the story that are playable now, like Calamity Jane) and gorgeous anime cut scenes.

Lindy
04-26-2005, 10:44 PM
BUT IT WON'T BE OUT THE UK >=(

STOP BEING SO PLEASED WITH YOURSELF

It's just like how Namco and Monolith Soft released Baten Kaitos here but not Xenosaga, even though Xenosaga is a FAR bigger series.

It's a whole Gamecube/PS2 thing, I bet if it was on GC it'd be released here, Nintendo appreciates Europe unlike Sony.

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Im sorry ;_;

Um... you can come to my house and play it!

Meat Puppet
04-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I love the game, but getting it into my country was like smuggling 1000 pounds of heroin inside 23 school children. And now that it's long lost, I doubt I'll ever play it again, let alone 2 or 3. :(

kikimm
04-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Hmm. I've never played any of them, so I can't be excited about the remake, but I have ben interested in WA2 for awhile now; it's this store a few blocks down for 10 bucks, so I think I'll get my grubby little hands on it soon enough.

:D

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2005, 04:54 AM
Please don't turn this into a "MY VIDEO GAMES ARE BETTER THAN YOUR VIDEO GAMES YOU BUTTHEAD" topic, please.

Remake? *investigates*

Dr.K
04-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I managed to get the only WA I've so far played, Wild Arms 2, at my local market ages ago. Lindy says it was never released in England, so now I feel strangely priveliged. Then again, when I had played through about 6/7 hours of the game, the first disc packed in. NICE. I did thoroughly enjoy that short-lived experience though.

I don't think I'll bother frequenting that market anymore.

Lindy
04-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Lindy says it was never released in England [...] Then again, when I had played through about 6/7 hours of the game, the first disc packed in.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/913703.html

I smell pirate or import. Most likely the former.

wuglendei
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Wild Arms is awesome....but....that blue hair kid. Rudy dosent talk. Jack and Cecillia talk but not him....why~? Hes not the main character.....and the reveiws for WA2 suck ballz~ Well then again i dont go by reveiws...cuz alot of my fav games got bad reveiws :)

Mercen-X
04-27-2005, 08:13 PM
I own 2 (2nd Ignition) and 3. I'm GA close to beating 3, but there's this island I'm supposed to find in 2 that's really piecing me off! I've beaten all the Diablo Towers, why can't I find the island?

TheAbominatrix
04-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Wild Arms is awesome....but....that blue hair kid. Rudy dosent talk. Jack and Cecillia talk but not him....why~? Hes not the main character.....and the reveiws for WA2 suck ballz~ Well then again i dont go by reveiws...cuz alot of my fav games got bad reveiws :)

Some games do that to give the player more of a sense that they, personally, are the main character. Like in Chrono Trigger, Crono never talks in text, but he obviously does talk in the game, or no one would know his name or what was going on.

I dont remember Rudy not talking, though, I just remember him being very quiet, but it's been many years since I've played the game.

wuglendei
04-27-2005, 10:39 PM
well im jus saying...why dosent RUDY NOT TALK!? He isnt extly the main character. But i dont really care...
But is wild arms 2 a good game?

TheAbominatrix
04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I already gave my thoughts on that. He isnt the main character, but he's the title character, the ARMs user, and he's got the deepest history in the story itself.

And I already said I enjoyed WA2

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Rudy does talk, later in the game. In Vulcannon Trap, he talks to Calamity Jane when she flips out on him for crushing the treasure after he saved her life. And he may or may not talk at the end of the game, I can't remember now.

Lindy
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Well, considering the fact that Rudy is a robot (I know there was a special term for it, but I can't remember it right now, something to do with living metal), you'd expect him to not say much, he's a man of action and few words, and when he acts he does it very well.

Oh god, I love his ARMs, Wild Bunch is fantastic with a Lock-On.

...Which reminds me, Wild Bunch is an attack in so many western styled games, I'm sure it appears in WA3 and Django and Sabata use it in Boktai too.

Mercen-X
04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
In Wild Arms 2: 2nd Ignition, the main character, Ashley Winchester, has the ability to turn into a biogenetic demon-knight. That's freakin' awesome! Unfortunately, this doesn't help me find that DMN island!

XxSephirothxX
04-27-2005, 11:49 PM
I actually saw Wild Arms 1 and 2 at the local EB last weekend for somewhere between 7 and 15 dollars each...can't really remember now. I thought about buying them, but didn't, because I didn't think I'd be able to drive myself to play them.

Lord Chainsaw
04-28-2005, 06:20 AM
If you're going to be playing Wild Arms, then remember one thing:

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/wa/images/zeikfried.jpg

This dude > All. Including the overrated Boomerang.

Lindy
04-28-2005, 01:21 PM
SILENCE!

Master Zed > Boomerang Flash > Zeikfried/Siegfried

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Zeke-Frete

wuglendei
04-28-2005, 08:54 PM
im mad >:( Im grounded so cant play wild arms!! i aint far tho....im stuck at uhh milani? uhhh welll i jus beat that one demon now am suppose to find this temple of a guardian....lost.....