PDA

View Full Version : Things people should get made fun of for posting

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I note that two major things come up every once in awhile, generally to the ire of everyone else in the forum. Thus, I am proposing that we utterly ridicule anyone who makes one of the following statements:

1. Kingdom Hearts sucks!

2. Sephiroth was ruined because Lance Bass did his voice!

All in favor say aye.

cloud20747
04-27-2005, 12:15 AM
AYE!!!!!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-27-2005, 12:51 AM
AYE!!!!!.......kingdom hearts good.........seph roks soxs dude..........

StarlightAngel
04-27-2005, 01:18 AM
AYE!

crashNUMBERS
04-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Aye??

Spammerman
04-27-2005, 01:45 AM
AYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYE
i was doin that in school and one of my friends screamed.

Raven Nox
04-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Aye. I don't really like Lance Bass, but it's not a big deal he played Sephiroth... get over it people!

Chibi Youkai
04-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Aye!
Why do people even post those sorts of topics, anyways?

strawberryman
04-27-2005, 03:47 AM
Aye.

Skyblade
04-27-2005, 04:08 AM
Eye... Er, I..? No, that's not right either... AYE! That's it!

Rase
04-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Sure.

ViVincent
04-27-2005, 04:49 AM
............................AYE :rolleyes2

Emerald_Eva
04-27-2005, 05:02 AM
Yeah, I don't have a problem with who voiced Sephiroth. I mean, either way, he was still scary and extremely evil, so what does it matter anyway? Heh. Let's make fun of crappy posts! Woohoo! But, I do think that the second one would be an alright one. I mean, it's just their opinion, right?

Skyblade
04-27-2005, 05:10 AM
Certainly. So why the hell should they bug us about it? It's not going to be changed if enough people complain about it, it's just going to piss off all the people who like it.

Besides, it's not like Sephiroth is a real integral story part. His only speaking lines are his attacks. Quit listening to what he sounds like and worry about dodging that sword... :D If you are good enough to complain about Sephiroth's voice (ie: good enough to defeat him without concentrating so hard that you don't really pay attention to what he sounds like at all), you should be able to come up with some valid flaws in the game, rather than the voice actor for a character who is an optional boss battle who doesn't even speak during his cinematic sequences. I mean, come on...

Krag Koopa
04-28-2005, 06:19 AM
yes....I agree....

Blitzer Lionheart
04-28-2005, 11:23 AM
AYE!!!

Why is it that people post "I Hate KH" topics here? It kind of discredits whatever brain cells (or lack thereof) they have. If you like it, post here, if you don't? Post in another topic and go flame elsewhere (if that's the correct term).

I had no clue who Lance Bass (or Mandy Moore) were before playing KH, but they did good so who cares?

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 03:08 AM
I . . . AYE . . . . I . . . . . . . . I . . . . . . . I can't even hear Sephiroth when he says something during an attack. I can't beat him either. I don't think I can even get his first life bar down. I'm hopeless. Can I buy the conclusive video from Final Mix somewhere. Does one of you got it?

I . . . . . . . . . I . . . . . . . . I . . . . . . . I didn't really care for the voice actors of the FFs. In fact, it's my opinion that David Gallagher, Billy Zane, and Steve Burton were the only good voice actors on the "FF" side. All of the Disney characters were fine because they hired the original voice actors behind each character . . . but because we've never heard the FFs before, they pretty much hired an all-star cast that didn't really work out. David Boreanaz disappointed, CCR disappointed, HJO disappoint, Hayden Panettiere disappointed . . . that's all of them right? We never heard Cid's voice, did we? Mandy Moore didn't do too well either. Plenty of people have already complained about Lance Bass.

Ridicule ME all you want, I still love the game from a certain point of view (though honestly, it makes me feel restricted), I just prefer to play through certain points with the MUTE on.

Dking'squeen
04-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Aye to Lance sucking at doing Seppy's voiceover

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 03:48 AM
I . . . AYE . . . . I . . . . . . . . I . . . . . . . I can't even hear Sephiroth when he says something during an attack. I can't beat him either. I don't think I can even get his first life bar down. I'm hopeless. Can I buy the conclusive video from Final Mix somewhere. Does one of you got it?

I . . . . . . . . . I . . . . . . . . I . . . . . . . I didn't really care for the voice actors of the FFs. In fact, it's my opinion that David Gallagher, Billy Zane, and Steve Burton were the only good voice actors on the "FF" side. All of the Disney characters were fine because they hired the original voice actors behind each character . . . but because we've never heard the FFs before, they pretty much hired an all-star cast that didn't really work out. David Boreanaz disappointed, CCR disappointed, HJO disappoint, Hayden Panettiere disappointed . . . that's all of them right? We never heard Cid's voice, did we? Mandy Moore didn't do too well either. Plenty of people have already complained about Lance Bass.

Ridicule ME all you want, I still love the game from a certain point of view (though honestly, it makes me feel restricted), I just prefer to play through certain points with the MUTE on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that Robin Williams did the voice of the Genie...

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 04:13 AM
He didn't? I have the ending and credits on tape somewhere, I've spent all day and all night looking for it. I'm still looking for it now. I'm pretty sure I saw RW in the credits along w/Gilbert Gottfried, James Woods, Sean Astin (Hercules for those who don't know, they don't show the names of the characters next to the voice actors), Brenden Frazer, Danny DeVito, those are the only names that are familiar enough for me to remember.

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 07:19 AM
He didn't? I have the ending and credits on tape somewhere, I've spent all day and all night looking for it. I'm still looking for it now. I'm pretty sure I saw RW in the credits along w/Gilbert Gottfried, James Woods, Sean Aston (Hercules for those who don't know, they don't show the names of the characters next to the voice actors), Brenden Frazer, Danny DeVito, those are the only names that are familiar enough for me to remember.

They don't show the names of the characters next to the Disney voice actors. They do beside the FF voice actors.

Yeah, when I saw Sean Astin in the credits I had to go look up who he voiced. Did he voice Hercules in the movie, too? If so, my opinion of the movie just improved (having an LotR actor in it improves any movie).

kikimm
05-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, when I saw Sean Astin in the credits I had to go look up who he voiced. Did he voice Hercules in the movie, too? If so, my opinion of the movie just improved (having an LotR actor in it improves any movie).

Nope, it was Tate Donovan, if I know anything. They do sound pretty similar, so it's all good. But if it was Sean Astin in the movie, that actually would have lowered my opinion of him, if I hated the movie. That's just me though. =D

And now for something completely different:

AYE.

:D

Destai
05-01-2005, 09:54 PM
AYE
I have nothing againt people voicing why they didnt like Kingdom Hearts but just yelling it sucks is irritating. Anyone who complains about Lance Bass sucking for his three whole lines (one of them being "Alamond" or something like that) is in my opinion, a pussy. I thought most of the voices in KH were good. David Boreanaz and Mandy Moore were both very good, I thought. I think Clouds voice over was great too and Yuffies was done very well.

Xanthos Omnis
05-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Hmm...Lance Bass is not a horrible VA. I just think he was the wrong guy for Sephiroth. (Makes him seem about 10 years younger than he actually is)

The real bomb in terms of voice acting was Kairi. Mandy Moore makes Kairi sound...somewhat vapid, even in serious moments. Personally, that was one of the problems with the whole VA crew-too many big names that mostly haven't done voice acting.

Destai
05-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Hmm...Lance Bass is not a horrible VA. I just think he was the wrong guy for Sephiroth. (Makes him seem about 10 years younger than he actually is)

The real bomb in terms of voice acting was Kairi. Mandy Moore makes Kairi sound...somewhat vapid, even in serious moments. Personally, that was one of the problems with the whole VA crew-too many big names that mostly haven't done voice acting.But thats the thing, He didnt have the chance to make him seem anything. He said three lines, one of them being a word. I thought all of the voice acting was good and the voices sat well with the character designs.

Mercen-X
05-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Nope, it was Tate Donovan, if I know anything.
Ouch. My opinion of all Disney Movies has been brought down a peg. I forgot, save for comedians, Disney hardly ever uses big name actors for the voices of their characters . . . I never actually pay attention to the end credits of the movies, the only way I know about people like Jeremy Irons and Robin Williams and Gilbert Gottfried and JTT is because they advertise beforehand that or afterward that they had starred in it. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have cared enough to know.

The real bomb in terms of voice acting was Kairi. Mandy Moore makes Kairi sound...somewhat vapid, even in serious moments. Personally, that was one of the problems with the whole VA crew-too many big names that mostly haven't done voice acting.
1. 10 years younger isn't really bad. After all, it's been agreed that the FF characters are cameos to be considered "Hollow Bastion originals" not actually of any FF title.
2. Hayden Panettiere played Kairi. Mandy Moore played Aerith. HJO, Hayden, Mandy, David, and all the rest of these high-quality screen actors were indeed inexperienced voice actors. Hopefully, any who return have had practice over the time they've spent away.
3. David Boreanaz played Squall who could almost be portrayed onscreen by my cousin, David. :eek: Steve Burton played Cloud who could almost be portrayed onscreen by my cousin, Stephen. :eek: I found this to be very creepy. :yuck: