PDA

View Full Version : Cait Sith

ViVincent
04-27-2005, 04:44 AM
I just now came to the realization that that darn cat is riding a MOOGLE! I feel stupid......or am i not the only one who didnt notice this. Maybe i would have noticed had i not despised Cait sith so much......meh

ehsteve
04-27-2005, 05:11 AM
I was just the opposite. I thought it was a giant moogle with an ugly black thing on his head until I saw the picture when I gave him his name. I can't blame you for despising Cait Sith, though.

crazybayman
04-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I was just the opposite. I thought it was a giant moogle with an ugly black thing on his head until I saw the picture when I gave him his name. I can't blame you for despising Cait Sith, though.
Same here. I just thought it was a giant moogle with a funny hat at first too, until I actually saw the picture in the game manual.
I guess you don't notice it when you don't use him at all because he's lame. What the heck is up with defeating enemies with that stupid mega-phone anyways? And the dice limit break??? It's one of the very few things I don't like in this game.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes, it is a moogle, but it barely resembles one.

Cait Sith is confusing. Half the time I'm not really sure whether I should hate him or forgive him despite the horible things he's done. He's a mediiocre character that specializes in magic ability. How the hell Reeve is supposed to control Cait Sith in battles and even know where he is going is beyond me.

Is Reeve supposed to be pretending he is working for the shinra while he is hijacking a submarine and fighting the turks? Did Reeve stop cooperating with the turks and giving them Cloud's location every step of the journey at some point?

How the hell is the party supposed to forgive him after holding Marlene captive? That's just wrong.

I don't understand Cait Sith at all, but he is great as a magic user, as he has the mest magic, HP and MP out of the entire group (maybe not HP but it's damn high). HOwever he also has low defense, strength, and other things.

Rinen
04-27-2005, 01:00 PM
My guess is that Reeve is hooked up to a VR machine that the optics are the stuffed Moogle's eyes since most pics of the cat has it's eyes closed. The audio is the cat's mouth, since I haven't seen the stuffed moogles mouth move much.

After the events, Reeve most likely was the pawn of ShinRa's actions. So that he was probably told what to do from a higher person, and probably was monitored at an extent.

That's my guess on Reeve's account.

Sepho
04-27-2005, 01:05 PM
That moogle needs to cut down on the cheesecake.

**ShadowZone**
04-27-2005, 01:08 PM
I didn't realise it was a moogle either. but now when I look at pictures i realise it is one. I think he needs to go on a diet. knida big for a moogle. this is probably why. :nibbles:

Squall of SeeD
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
My guess is that Reeve is hooked up to a VR machine that the optics are the stuffed Moogle's eyes since most pics of the cat has it's eyes closed. The audio is the cat's mouth, since I haven't seen the stuffed moogles mouth move much.

Reeve is simultaneously operating Cait Sith while in the board room with Heidegger and Scarlet later in the game. He doesn't have any VR equipment with him, yet he was somehow operating Cait Sith.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-27-2005, 02:19 PM

Reeve is simultaneously operating Cait Sith while in the board room with Heidegger and Scarlet later in the game. He doesn't have any VR equipment with him, yet he was somehow operating Cait Sith.

I was going to mention that, since I JUST completed that part of the game and saw that scene. However, I don't think it was meant to be thought of that deeply. There are some things that just don't make sense, but you don't really question them.

Chris
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
http://www.selphies-world.de/images/ff7caitsith.jpg
SOOOOOOO CUTE!

DMKA
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I just now came to the realization that that darn cat is riding a MOOGLE!
It's fucking hawt, no?

DJZen
04-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Ride that moogle, cowboy!

Chris
04-27-2005, 09:16 PM
C'mon guys, Cait Sith rocks.

Laguna
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
I hate Cait Sith... so very, very much. Maybe it was because he only had 2 limits? Both of which were quite useless?

sephiroth JR
04-27-2005, 10:59 PM
so Reeve controlled the cat which controlled the moogle?i think thats right but what i dont get is when Cait Sith steals the keystone and tells you that he has marlene hostage,why then at the end of the game do we see marlene in a house which appears to be in kalm and not with reeve...DAMN LIAR! :mad2:

Gwelenguchenkus
04-28-2005, 12:02 AM
so Reeve controlled the cat which controlled the moogle?i think thats right but what i dont get is when Cait Sith steals the keystone and tells you that he has marlene hostage,why then at the end of the game do we see marlene in a house which appears to be in kalm and not with reeve...DAMN LIAR! :mad2:

Later on Reeve says that Marlene is safe with 'aeris' mama'. Are you sure the girl at the end was marlene?

TurkSlayer
04-28-2005, 01:29 AM
A lot of people seem to hate Cait Sith. I think he's awesome. Until I got Vincent, he was in my main party. Sure, he isn't a GREAT fighter, but he's cool.

Squall of SeeD
04-28-2005, 02:37 AM

Later on Reeve says that Marlene is safe with 'aeris' mama'. Are you sure the girl at the end was marlene?

Yes, the girl is Marlene. She bears the same design as Nomura's design of Marlene and she says "The flower lady?" (meaning Aerith) before Holy arrives. Also, there's no point in having the scene focus on a random girl that isn't Marlene.

eestlinc
04-28-2005, 04:04 AM
The moogle isn't alive though, it's stuffed.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM

Yes, the girl is Marlene. She bears the same design as Nomura's design of Marlene and she says "The flower lady?" (meaning Aerith) before Holy arrives. Also, there's no point in having the scene focus on a random girl that isn't Marlene.

Ahh it's been a while since I saw the ending so I wasn't sure. I really don't know how to explain how the heck she got in Kalm but whatever o_O

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Reeve had Elmyra and Marlene evacuated to Kalm.

Perducci
04-29-2005, 11:55 PM
All I have to say is... I freakin' love Cait Sith.