PDA

View Full Version : This ever happened to you?

Cybele
04-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Have you ever totally misread what someone said in a post, PM, thread, whatever? I just did that today...I got the exact opposite meaning of what he said and I feel so embarrased right now (the person who I misinterpreted shall remain nameless!). And then I actually got mad at him for saying something nice. But doesn't it just make you feel silly when you screw something up like that? Okay, maybe I'm the only person who's done that... :greenie:

But anyway, share your silly misinterpretation stories here! Doesn't have to be online, it can be real life or whatever!

Just a friendly reminder, please don't spam up my thread! Of course, spam may be the only way more than 5 people reply to it. :p

withered
04-27-2005, 11:50 AM
*spam*

EDIT: Sorry I misunderstood what you said. Ah, so I have done it before.

Meat Puppet
04-27-2005, 12:07 PM
All the time. :(

RSL
04-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, it happens. I even closed a thread recently based off of misreading it. It was the Hall of Infamy thread. A member PMed me asking why I did that and when I re-read it to give him some examples, I realized that I interpreted it wrong and re-opened it.

But anyway, yeah, it happens. Especially if you skim through threads like I sometimes do.

crazybayman
04-27-2005, 01:50 PM
I know the feeling TOO well.

Project G
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Sorry if it was my fault

Vyk
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
That makes me cringe. Reminds me of a friend I had who looked for reasons to get mad at me. I swear sometimes she made it up. Other times it was blatantly obvious she was just getting the wrong idea or misreading what I said. I remember some conversation about getting wasted. And I was lonely at the time. So I said something about not wanting to wake up next to some girl I don't know and have to pay child support for the next 18 years. Not exactly what she thought I said, but I got a virtual *slap* and a "wtf..." and then she realized what I said and apologised profusely. Misinterpreting is one thing. But getting mad over it is just... bleh. Time to keep tempers in check ^_^ I honestly don't see how that works. Even if someone were to say something crude. It's just one line. If you can get set off by one random comment... just be careful.

Ultima Shadow
04-27-2005, 07:03 PM
I do that whenever I'm too tired to think straight. :cool:

Maxico
04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
You want to kill me and eat my mangled corpse!!!

EDIT: Whoops, well no that has never really happened to me. I have misread certain names and words though.

smittenkitten
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah i know how you feel i do it all the time and feel major embarresed :greenie: hehe im so stupid..xXx..

Apollo
04-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah it's happened here in EoFF. When someone was saying something nice to me I misread what she put and made a joke about what she said (It wasn't a mean joke, but I still felt like I made an ass out of myself). It was because I was half awake and couldn't read clearly. I did apologize to that person afterwards. :) So really their was no harm done. :D

Sephex
04-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I think everyone does that. It's really easy to misinterpret what someone says on the internet. That's why I prefer to talk to people in person to this day.