PDA

View Full Version : FF8 for PC?

Fire_T
04-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, my PSX just cuffed up on me which means I cant play FF8 :cry:. Since I dont fancy forking out on another PSX that will break in 2 weeks, Is FF8 available for PC? if so, where could I get it from and for how much?

Cheers

PearlRose
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes, it's around for PC - that's how I got my copy of VIII. It'd probably be near-impossible to find in any stores, though. Online or otherwise. ^^;

I bought my copy from eBay (http://www.ebay.com). You'll probably have to pay around $30 for the game, and that's including shipping. I got my copy for $31.90. You might be able to find it for less if you're willing to watch the auctions closely, though. ^_^

crono_logical
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Personally, I don't think FF8 for the PC is worth it other than for maybe the Chocobo World minigame. I'd just stick the PSX version in the PC instead and use something like ePSXe (www.epsxe.com) to emulate it, for free :p

Scowl
04-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't depend on emulator. Just get pc version. It will definately be very slow if not, will slow down very soon. Running psx games on ur computer will prolly mess ur comp.

Laguna
04-27-2005, 10:39 PM
If you want a PC version try ebay- someone will bound to be selling it! Although I hear FFVIII PC can have serious problems with certain graphics cards.

DMKA
04-28-2005, 03:58 AM
There's a bunch on ebay, real cheap too. I want one so bad but all any of them take us paypal. :(

But if nothing else you can do the emulator thing (though personally, I think emulation of anything above SNES is crappy as hell).