PDA

View Full Version : What do you people want!?

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
This isn't a popularity poll.
A lot of people have been raggin on me for expressing the way I feel.
In case you guys still don't get it, I'll explain it better:
I am Sir Lancelot, deemed by fate to be a perfect knight, yet betrayed and cursed by his sins that such a title always be beyond his grasp.
I am the helping hand, I am the crying shoulder, I am the warm embrace, I am the silent listener, I am the soft stare of adoring eyes.

Do you think because all this might make me a "nice guy" that I shouldn't get frustrated sometimes? Do you think that a "nice guy" is completely incapable of wrath? Do you think that I should wallow in despair and never complain even on my dying day when I'm withered and sickly and alone? GO SCREW YOURSELVES! I'll vent when I want and I'm stilll a nice guy. I've never hurt anyone. My lies have never hurt anyone. I don't lie about anything important that could hurt someone.

Now you tell me
What is a nice guy?
What is a friend?
What is a comrade?
What is a lover?
What is love?
Why does it hurt?
What the hell do you want?

faster skating penguin
04-28-2005, 06:32 PM
iz dis sum NET DRAMA!?

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 07:25 PM
It's just a question.

That involves NET DRAMA . . . i guess.

Blackmageboi
04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
my answers to your questions

What is a nice guy?
a guy who is friendly and kind
What is a friend?
a person who you like and trust
What is a comrade?
a person who will help you in your 'war'
What is a lover?
the person you care for most in this world
What is love?
a feeling of emotional atachment once you have felt it you realise it is impossible to explain
Why does it hurt?
because you feel so happy then it is ripped away from you (or so i am told)
to have someone that cares about me

Jojee
04-28-2005, 07:47 PM
It is all something you experience, not describe. ^_^

Actually I'm just lazy to answer all the questions.

But I like nice guys, and I want them :)

For my bodies collection.

Nod
04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
What is a nice guy? a Gentleman
What is a friend? someone who tells you how it is
What is a comrade? a russian friend
What is a lover? a really hot girl
What is love? chemicals
Why does it hurt? because you're doing it wrong
What the hell do you want? 30 minute orgasms- like pigs have.
:D

Jojee
04-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Hahaha.... XD *loves Nod*

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
What is a comrade? a russian friend
What is a lover? a really hot girl
What is love? chemicals
Why does it hurt? because you're doing it wrong
What the hell do you want? 30 minute orgasms- like pigs have.
I was pretty upset when I posted this thread and totally pi$$t just now 'cause I just got back from a thread where "masamune1600" called me a liar.

But this made me laugh. Thank you! ^_^

What is love?
a feeling of emotional atachment once you have felt it you realise it is impossible to explain
What is a lover?
the person you care for most in this world
Naturally, I must have already experienced love if I can't even try to explain it myself.
This one's disturbing, the person I care for most in this world is my cousin. She's 19 as of a few days ago. When we met when I was like 6 1/2 years old, I promised myself I'd marry her one day. I think this is the real reason I'm going insane.

Vyk
04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Man... calmness. You actually seem pretty cool. You remind me of myself when I was going through emotional hell. I made myself vulnerable because I wanted and needed that kinda trust in someone, and it never happened. I always ended up pining over it. You mention your personality in almost every post :/ It's great for someone that wants to get to know you. Not that anyone shouldn't. But I think you'd do good to learn some patience on the matter (: I know meeting a girl and just "connecting" tomorrow would be totally awesome. But it doesn't happen like that. Yes there are some kick ass chicks on this forum. I'd date a lot of them if I weren't already taken. But ya gotta stop advertising. And the angst doesn't help ;P Take it a little slower. People will get to know you as you hang around longer. Like I said, I already think you're cool, despite how I might have rubbed off in another thread. Just some brotherly advice, hehe. Take care and take it easy man. Don't push life to happen, please. Just get used to the way things are, learn to find contentment in the things that are, not disappointment in the things that aren't.

As to the answers:

A nice guy is someone who likes a girl but almost willingly goes through hell over his own emotions. And tries desperately to help her be happy even though he's practically in hell.

I'll jump right to the comrade since I think a friend can both be a brother-at-arms and a lover, depending on circumstances. The comrade friend is someone who has your back. They'll stick up for you even if they don't agree with you. They'll tell you when they think you're wrong, and be there to support you in your times of need/loneliness/whatever.

A lover is a lot of the same things, but it's someone with a deep emotional connection that you can feel physically throughout your body (: It's someone of the gender that your orientation prefers. Male/Female/Homo. (No offense). A lover needs to not be shallow, and stick with you through the bad times. No break up because "the spark is gone" or ... "There's someone else" (cheater!).

Love is something you realize that keeps you going on what seems like a dead end of pain and you can't stop no matter how much you want to. It involves another person, or a group of people. If you hurt yourself for another, you either love them, or you're obsessive and psychotic XD

It hurts because the lack of it, like the lack of any other thing a body needs, it's a defficiency that you're accutely aware of and can't stop thinking about. When you have a blood defficiency you're anemic or a hemopheliac or something. It has its side effects. When you have a love defficiency, it's side effect is pain. It makes you feel all the emotions you have except the one you need the most. Irony

And I want things to be cool for you. I want you to find your calling and just be happy o_o Good luck man hehe. Sorry for the huge post. Figured I'd add a bit to the angsty emo atmosphere ^_^ (I'm not one of the people that think emo-angst is bad. Moderation in all things though. Always)

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 09:31 PM
*slightly uncomfortable in the presence of rare compassion*
Thanks . . . but enough about me . . . that's . . . not . . . what this . . . thread's about . . . it's just a question.
*chokes, coughs*
Okay . . . moving on.

Vyk
04-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Hahaha, get used to it XD As long as you don't piss anyone off, this place is like a big swell of compassion sometimes. One of the reasons I plan on staying an active member. I used to be really emotionally open and compassionate. Part of the vulnerability. I've er... for lack of a better phrase, I've "grown up". But I still consider myself a decent human. I can be an ass sometimes though (: Rarely

T-MaN
04-28-2005, 11:09 PM
There are times when even the nicest of people can become one of the worst @$$es you've ever seen in your life. Just because they do something bad,or evil, or anything else doesn't mean that they are no longer nice people ( unless they chase after people and bite their heads off or something ).

The Captain
04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
A common problem that I've noticed with a lot of "nice guys" is that sometimes, they feel that they MUST always be perfect, must always be a complete gentlemen and completely internalize all their emotions, all their anger, their fears, and the like. Yet, to me, that's unhealthy as it can boil over ever so quickly, usually at moments when we least want or expect it to happen.

All people have bad days, it's important to apologize and take responsibility for your actions if on one of those bad days, you hurt someone unitentionally, but it's far worse to try and bottle up all the bad days and have them explode all at once sometime in the future.

In the end, I believe most people do want to help one another and more often than not, will help one another. Sometimes it takes a little work to connect with them or to understand them better, but when you find that common ground, things become much more managable and can weigh less on your mind.

Hang in there.

Take care all.

kikimm
04-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Now you tell me
What is a nice guy?
What is a friend?
What is a comrade?
What is a lover?
What is love?
Why does it hurt?

I'm not properly equipped to answer all of these questions, but you'll take what you can get, I suppose. =P

A nice guy, in my opinion, is someone who doesn't go out of their way to be rude to people. I believe they can handle an insult and not fight back so dirty. A nice person is someone who doesn't hate helping other people when they're needed, who won't make fun of (maliciously), or bully other people because they're different, or any other reasons. I could go on, but I'll stop. And of course, you can break down once in awhile. Everyone does. We're not perfect. What's makes you a nice person is that you try to be the best person you can be.

A friend? Well, to quote, "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front." Honesty, and being a trustworthy person is so important, if you're going to be close like that. And yes, someone who has your back, who'll stand up for you. Someone who you can have fun with, of course, but not at anyone else's expense. ANd someone who wants you to be happy, and truly cares about you. I love all of my friends. Even though I disagree with them on certain things, and situations, that doesn't change. Having us all happy is excellente, you know? I try to make them happy, and vice versa. =D

I want a lot of things.

I can't answer any more questions. Need more life experience.

:D

T-MaN
04-28-2005, 11:26 PM

Hmm, I didn't see that question...
StRaWbErRy FuDgE SuNdAe!!! WoOT!