PDA

View Full Version : Choking is bad, mmkay?

Rye
04-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't mean choke as in a rap battle or something, by the way. xD

Has anyone ever choked on something, or at least got food stuck down their throat? Isn't it really scary? I was nearly choking on a Gobstopper before. I could breathe, so it wasn't choking, but it was stuck in my throat. I thought I was gonna die or get a hole punched through my throat and have a straw put into it, kinda like the stuff the do on House and ER. *shudders*

Has anyone else seen someone choking, or nearly choking? Also, does anyone know the Heimlich Maneuver, to give this thread some extra purpose.

Flying Mullet
04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I choked once. I cost us the World Series. :cry:

Jojee
04-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I choked on water T_T

It was scary though cos' my grandma choked on a chicken bone and my dad had to do heimaksjdfhsth maneuver on her and her face turned all red and I thought she was gonna die *_*

Strawberry Gashes
04-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I've choked on octopus once. <.<

Flying Mullet
04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
I choked a monkey once...

Vyk
04-28-2005, 07:31 PM
I hate choking on liquids. It makes no sense! So what if I want to take a huge swallow? Stupid throat. WORK WITH ME. It's like suddenly a liquid turns into a solid ball of mass and doesn't wanna go down. Really weird. But yeah. I choked on pizza once... Another one of those "too much" things. I've never actually had anything caught in like... my windpipe. But considering it's stuck in my throat, it hardly matters, it's still cutting off air by putting pressure on there. I just felt like... damn it. Too big a bite. Wash it down with some Dr Pepper.... But... I couldn't swallow the Dr Pepper. Made really weird sounds trying to. I totally freaked out after that. 'Cause then I only JUST realize "I can't breathe". Did a gag reflex and spat the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out though. That freakin' sucked... >_>; It was during lunch at work too. How embarrassing.

Edit: I remember when I was little I swallowed a piece of candy whole and it got lodged in my throat. That one didn't stop me from breathing. It just felt really weird... and really scary... Had to wait for it to do it's candy-melty thing u_U; I kept getting more and more freaked though. On that one I really did throw up. Twice. The second time brought the candy with it. I think I had a sore throat for a while.

Rye
04-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Edit: I remember when I was little I swallowed a piece of candy whole and it got lodged in my throat. That one didn't stop me from breathing. It just felt really weird... and really scary... Had to wait for it to do it's candy-melty thing u_U; I kept getting more and more freaked though. On that one I really did throw up. Twice. The second time brought the candy with it. I think I had a sore throat for a while.

Yeah, my throat hurts right now and that's exactly how it felt. It was weird and scary.

Dr.K
04-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Choking scares me alot as well, probably one of the biggest senses of impending doom other than a heart attack (so I've heard, don't worry - my ticker's not THAT bad :p )
I've only choked once, and that was on a flapjack. After around 5 seconds of me half-coughing, it dislodged itself. Phew!
I know how to do the Heimlich, but thankfully I've never had to do it on anybody.

louby_4eva
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I've choked on stuff quite a few times, it was really horrible. One time I was eating a lolly and it came off the stick and went down my throat, it was really big as well, I was coughing for a while afterwards, it was really scary and none of my friends helped me, they just kinda watched, scadalous. :love:

SilverWind
04-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Just liquids, and ice...

Psychotic
04-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Stop choking that chicken...

Ryth
04-29-2005, 01:10 AM
I remember waking up in the middle of the night I was choking on something didn't seem like anything but I couldn't breathe or say anything so I couldn't call for help I first was trying to cough it up (I too young to khnow to just wake my mom up) I thought I was going to die :( but it stopped as suddenly as it started and I was fine....

Dixie
04-29-2005, 01:13 AM
I choked on a large piece of ice when I was little...then I did it again today....

(And you would think that I'd know better)

mike without a hat
04-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Ive choked on sprite before and it really pissed me off cause i had no idea that could happen, but then i coughed it up all over myself. yuck

Meat Puppet
04-29-2005, 01:50 AM
i was sucking a saugseage (from a hot dog) and it slipped odwn my throat and i choked on it. I said "i'm chuckie, I'm chuckie" and everyone laughed, then I died :(

Rase
04-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Spaghetti is NOT fun to choke on, especcially if it's half down your throat and half out your mouth. Just trust me on this, okay?

Scary as heck.

Luc
04-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Yeah... I've choked on Bacon before.. o_o

And on a Starburst.. o_o

KentaRawr!
04-29-2005, 03:59 AM
I choked on a Hot Dog. Tried to swallow it hole...

I was trying to swallow it too much, then I realized that if I succeeded I would die, so then I coughed it up.

Also, in this Next one, well it wasn't a choke...but I was drinking Sprite and my Brother kept on making me laugh...and you know what? I burst out laughing with sprite flying out of my mouth. o_O

I actually choke on Liquids alot. o.o

Oh, also, when I was little, while I was sleeping, you see...it was a Bunk Bed, and there was a small gap. All of my body could fit through except for my head... I rolled over, my Legs went through, then my Stomache, and then...oh no. I am being Hanged. I coughed a FEW times...you might count that as being choked. o.o

fire_of_avalon
04-29-2005, 04:00 AM
When I was three or four, I choked on some steak and my dad had to thump me real hard on the back because I was too little to Hemliech.

I don't remember it at all.

Martyr
04-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Nothing like chewy, long strands of mozzarrella that somehow evade molars and make their way down your throat.

Vyk
04-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Spaghetti is NOT fun to choke on, especcially if it's half down your throat and half out your mouth. Just trust me on this, okay?

Scary as heck.

If I had a choice on what to choke on, noodles would be it. Especially half in and out. I mean c'mon. Just grab and pull. When I was young I used to do that... half swallow noodles and pull 'em back out x_X;;

Rase
04-29-2005, 05:21 AM
Well apparently, my throat works different than yours, because for me, it wasn't quite that simple.

Jewels
04-29-2005, 05:48 AM
I've choked on heaps of stuff. It's quite embarassing.

Martyr
04-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Well apparently, my throat works different than yours, because for me, it wasn't quite that simple.

It went down too far. Usually, I can yank out spaghetti or mozzarrella or wood or whatever from my throat manually.

I guess if you're wolfing the stuff down like a, well, a wolf, you might need help, and then that sounds like something really nasty to try to heimaksjdfhsth out.

Rase
04-29-2005, 05:58 AM
Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

And yeah, it was pretty.... unpleasant looking and feeling. :(