PDA

View Full Version : Adamatine

MushroomZOMBIE
04-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know what card turns into adamatine?I need it for making the ultimate weapons for everyone (except for Rinoa & Irvine,who already have their ultimate weapons.) I would grately appreciate it . :D

Laguna
04-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Its either Sacred or Minotaur- 10 adamatines.

SeeDRankLou
04-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Minotaur

You get this and the Sacred card by getting the Brothers GF.

MushroomZOMBIE
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Damn.I lost those cards......but, don't i get adamatine from fighting adamantoises?
(Hence the name.) Because I've been looking for those damned things forever, & all that comes out are Fastitocalons....... >=(

Rinen
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I can't quite remember my numbers correctly, but if my memory serves me, you can mug a lvl 50+ adamantoise for some adamantine. You get turtle shell from adamantoise under lvl 50. I'm not sure my advice it's 100%, but it's better than nothing.

Laguna
04-28-2005, 10:52 PM
I think the beach near Dollet is good for adamantoise hunting ^^ And yeah, you can rob it off them. Also you can get the cards back by playing the CC club members on board the ragnarok.

MushroomZOMBIE
04-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks,dudes.Mug is such a cool ability............ :D

rubah
04-29-2005, 03:28 AM
Best way to get adamantine, just like most everything else worth getting:

Angelo Search.

lionhearted
04-29-2005, 09:59 AM
If you walk to the tip of Long Horn Island - the most northern part of Galbadia which is directly north of the Tomb of the Unknown King and walk directly west till the tip where there is an Aura draw point and you cannot walk any further just run in little circles in that area, making sure you stay in the water/beach area, you should encounter an Adamantoise or 2. You should try and defeat them as mugging never got me an Adamantine - always got a Whisper by mugging them - defeat them WITHOUT using mug to get an Adamantine.

Personally, I would wait til I could move around in Balamb Garden because the Adamantoises only appear once every time you enter the area of Long Horn Island. Therefore if you enter it with the Balamb Garden, you could fight them then quickly get on and get off the Garden and fight them again rather than walk alll the way back! That's my preference.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, this method doesn't use up your cards either - which is great coz Minotaur is a wicked card and you really dont want to lose him/it until you can get a better card....and the Squall card is the only card better than it for its position in the card game (Triple Triad)

tranvanhieu
04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah,Lionhearted is good about "Adamantine".But be sure to have Tonberry's "LV UP" with you,LVup the Adamantoise to 100 and you usually received "Adamantine"-sometimes "Orichancol"-for more curtain you should have Bahamut "Rare Item" and high "Luck".

crazybayman
04-29-2005, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=lionhearted]
Personally, I would wait til I could move around in Balamb Garden because the Adamantoises only appear once every time you enter the area of Long Horn Island. Therefore if you enter it with the Balamb Garden, you could fight them then quickly get on and get off the Garden and fight them again rather than walk alll the way back! That's my preference. QUOTE]

Yes this is the place to find Adamantoises. However, I just kept runing around the southern beach closest to mainland on Longhorn Island, and never once had to leave and come back, or enter and exit Balamb Garden. It only took a few battles with Adamantoises to get enough adamantine for the ultimate weapons that required it.

MushroomZOMBIE
04-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks again......Bummer i lost my cards,due to refinement!!!! =p
P.s my main party (Squall,Rinoa & Zell) at are lvl 100, so i can get adamntine with no problem.......

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Shouldn't the Adamantoise card refine to Adamantine?
I can't confirm because I lost my game. Actually, I'm pretty sure one of my cousins "lifted" it while I wasn't looking, the little bastards, lord knows I love'em, god bless their dufus souls, and may they rest in peace 'cause I'm sure there gonna end up rotting to death in prison . . . OMG I keep bashing my cousins! I am cruel and unusual.

rubah
04-30-2005, 02:20 AM
I still think angelo searching is the most effective:P

find yourself a turtapod, confuse it, let that sucker spin all night long. You'll almost definitely get at least some adamantine:P

Masamune·1600
04-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Three Adamantoise cards modify into one Turtle Shell, unfortunately. Ten Turtle Shells can refine to an Orihalcon, ten of which refine to an Adamantine. So three hundred Adamantoise cards would, technically, yield Adamantine. You could card mod the Minotaur card into ten Adamantines, but I personally never modify rare cards. Adamantine can be mugged from BGH251F2 at FH, but that's a one-time-only fight. My recommendation would simply be to fight Adamantoise enemies, as they sometimes drop Adamantine as an after-battle item.

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Three Adamantoise cards refine into one Turtle Shell, unfortunately. Ten Turtle Shells can refine to an Orihalcon, ten of which refine to an Adamantine. So three hundred Adamantoise cards would, technically, yield Adamantine. You could card mod the Minotaur card into ten Adamantines, but I personally never modify rare cards. Adamantine can be mugged from BGH251F2 at FH, but that's a one-time-only fight. My recommendation would simply be to fight Adamantoise enemies, as they sometimes drop Adamantine as an after-battle item.
300 ACs double-R'd for 1 Adamantine? At least Adamantoise was in there somewhere.

nik0tine
04-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Do you have Bahamut yet? It might be worth it to get Bahamut and learn and equip his rare item ability. It's useful as hell!

MushroomZOMBIE
04-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I have all GF's for the exception of Doomtrain,PuPu & Tonberry King (Which I am working to getting now! :tongue: .................I think you can mug Energy Crystals from Elnoyles,can you? All I need is to make Save the Queen.........

Laguna
05-01-2005, 12:25 AM
You can mug energy crystals from Elnoyles. I think the best place to do this is in Esthar with the guy who always makes you fight an Elnoyle when you speak to him. Just mug it then use attack (junction 100 deaths or 100 zombies to your stat-attack). Easy as that.

Im telling you though you can save a lot of hassle with rare cards by playing the CC group on board the ragnarok, they can give you any card you dont have in your collection because you lost it, never owned it or refined it.

rubah
05-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Except you have to be on disc 4. yay!

While you're in esthar getting energy crystals, might as well spend some time searchingxD

MushroomZOMBIE
05-01-2005, 03:42 AM
I got the Energy Crystals already.....whew......I finally got all of my characters the ultimate weapons.......YAY!!!! Thanks for the help.........Finallly played this game in over 3 months.....& I forget evrythin quick......