PDA

View Full Version : Any Monster Rancher fans

Erdrick Holmes
04-28-2005, 11:17 PM
I just got MR2 a few days ago and I am hooked like a cocaine fiend. This game i just bloody amazing.

It's pretty much Pokemon for grown ups. You raise monsters on a farm to fight in tournaments to win prize money and stuff. You gotta do all sorts of stuff with the monster you raise, like train it, feed it, venture with it, etc. Raising monsters is just half the fun, you can create monsters in this game by using really cool methods. You use common household CDs you have just lying around your house, put the disc in when you're prompted to and it reads the data from the CD, using that data it makes a monster.

Anybody else play this game series?

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Monster Rancher 4. By the time you raise a monster strong enough to compete in all the competitions, it dies. Then you've got to start all over again. There's a quest mode I don't particularly like and boss battles.
I like collecting monsters, but I don't really like the game.

I once considered joining forces with the company to make Darkside Rancer, a (of course) darker, more downtrodden version with less hassle and more combat. 1. I know they wouldn't go for it. 2. my mom asks me "why does everything have to be dark?" To me, Dark mean dangerous or more mysterious. To my mom it means horrifying or depressing or obsessed with death.

Erdrick Holmes
04-28-2005, 11:26 PM
That's another thing, when the monster gets to be good it's short 3-4 year lifespan kicks in. What I do is when the monster lives to be four years old I put it in hibernation, then get another monster. When that monster gets old put THAT in Hibernation and combine them, to make high stats on a newborn monster.

Spammerman
04-29-2005, 12:11 AM
i used to luv watchin monster ranchers and play the game.I had the game for gb color, which was real fun.Also monster rancher was in my saturday/sunday morning cartoon line -up

Raven Nox
04-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh I love Monster Rancher! I used to get all the cds in the house and sit there for hours just creating monsters. In MR3, I almost beat it with one monster, then it died right before I could. Did all the battles I needed to fight the Final monster guy, and it dies! XD Well, the game is kinda addicting, but it gets boring just as fast. I wish I could find the frist MR, as I have 2 and 3,and I'm going to get 4 someday...

Erdrick Holmes
04-29-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm still trying to find a way to subcode discs onto CDRs. there is a way you can mess with the data on CDs to get any monster you want but I can't figure out how.

http://monster-rancher-metropolis.com/

Munty, any ideas on how to do this? :sonic:

Excelsior
04-30-2005, 07:08 AM
ive never played the game, but the show was frickin awesome. it was like, 5 million times better then pokemon and digimon. does anyone know if u can get that whole show on dvd? id do it in a second.

Dreddz
04-30-2005, 05:15 PM

It's pretty much Pokemon for grown ups. ?

Its kinda not really
the cartoon was more focused at kids and the game is very easy and the graphics are very kiddish like
Why cant you except the fact you like a kids game
I enjoyed Toy Story Racing for PS1 and luved it

Erdrick Holmes
04-30-2005, 06:34 PM
The game isn't 100% like the anime. The anime was ment for kids. I'm not saying kids CAN'T like this game, I'm pointing out that it's alot more grown up then Pokemon.

Dreddz
04-30-2005, 10:05 PM
I generally like Pokemon
Monster Rancher wasnt really my thing
I played the game and play as a walking eye
Freaky

Mercen-X
05-01-2005, 12:59 AM
That's another thing, when the monster gets to be good it's short 3-4 year lifespan kicks in. What I do is when the monster lives to be four years old I put it in hibernation, then get another monster. When that monster gets old put THAT in Hibernation and combine them, to make high stats on a newborn monster.
My new, more powerful monsters still have to go through the trials to get to the last competitions. And again, right when I get there "You're monster has passed away" or "You should retire your monster" and start the whole frickin' thing all over again. Why can't they just let you carry on with one monster through the thing. I think that the monster should only die in combat. Lose all hp one too many times, die. Get a new one. Not work all the way up to the high-ranked battles and sacrifice the only monster whose "QUALIFIED" (according to the game) to fight in them. If you could fight through everything with one monster and retire it and pick EXACTLY where you left off with another monster, then I wouldn't mind . . . but their system is a major rip.

SpiritWolf
05-01-2005, 01:26 AM
I have Monster Rancher Advance 2 for the GBA and I love it. I agree it can be frustrating hen a monster gets two old, although I do the same thing that Joel does.