04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/676/

:\ I'm gonna go cry in jealousy now.

Psychotic
04-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Solution: Nuke Hong Kong.

-N-
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Meh. Our campus has 2 5 Gbps redundant networks.

Samuraid
04-29-2005, 02:48 AM
How good is that network in Hong Kong though? 1Gbps doesn't say much unless the carrier is good quality. Any company with a bunch of cheap teir 3 bandwidth could sell hugely oversubscribed 1Gb connections that wouldn't perform all that well.

Shlup
04-29-2005, 02:50 AM
Capitalizm at work indeed.

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2005, 02:58 AM
How good is that network in Hong Kong though? 1Gbps doesn't say much unless the carrier is good quality. Any company with a bunch of cheap teir 3 bandwidth could sell hugely oversubscribed 1Gb connections that wouldn't perform all that well.

I don't think I understand what you are saying. It didn't sound like a Gbps network. It sounds like anyone can that connection. I don't see companies offering people to connect to a 1-3Mbps network here in the states. That is your bandwidth. Same over there.

Samuraid
04-29-2005, 07:34 AM
I don't think I understand what you are saying. It didn't sound like a Gbps network. It sounds like anyone can that connection. I don't see companies offering people to connect to a 1-3Mbps network here in the states. That is your bandwidth. Same over there.

I was refering to each person getting a 1Gbps internet line. That fact that it is 1Gbps doesn't say anything about the level of service, or what teir the ISP is on, or if the service is heavily oversubscribed. Any of those could easly degrade a "1Gbps" line to very low performance. After all, 1Gbps is only the max cap. It doesn't say anything about the average speed and performance.

Rainecloud
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I can't even tell the difference.

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2005, 02:35 PM

I was refering to each person getting a 1Gbps internet line. That fact that it is 1Gbps doesn't say anything about the level of service, or what teir the ISP is on, or if the service is heavily oversubscribed. Any of those could easly degrade a "1Gbps" line to very low performance. After all, 1Gbps is only the max cap. It doesn't say anything about the average speed and performance.

Thank you. Now I get what you are saying.