PDA

View Full Version : There's a little confusion on the debate on my bother Janus and Serge..

Sarah Shirato
04-29-2005, 02:00 AM
There's some Confusion on some say that Janus is Serge..I need some clearing up! but, I believe That Guile is Janus,I wonder if it ture? :confused: :eek: :mog: :clone: :whimper: :blahblah:

Super Christ
04-29-2005, 06:19 AM
Neither Guile nor Serge is Janus. He's not Guile because the game's director has come right out and said it. And there's actually a pretty decent way to prove that he's not Serge.

It's pretty well established that in Chrono Cross, there are more than just the two dimensions. And, I recall, it's also established that, while not the main timeline, the events of Radical Dreamers do occur in another timeline. And finally, it's established that everybody has one duplicate in each dimension.

So take a look at Radical Dreamers. Magus and Serge, together in the same place at the same time. Pretty much proves they're separate people.

Masamune·1600
04-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Janus is neither Serge nor Guile. This should be especially obvious in the case of Serge. Janus (Magus) was born sometime around 12,000 BC in Zeal; Serge was born in 1003 AD, in Arni. They have completely separate timelines, histories, and roles.

As to the Magus/Guile debate, they are not the same. It has been suggested that Guile was supposed to be Magus early in production, but that the story/histories couldn't be altered in a way that made sense. Further, Guile was modeled after Magil in Radical Dreamers, and Magil is strongly implied to be Magus. However, RD and CC take place in alternate universes, so to speak, so any connections that existed in RD are irrelevant in CC. In any case, there is absolutely nothing included in Chrono Cross to suggest that Guile is actually Janus, other than similar design features.

Sarah Shirato
05-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks for clear that up! that darn Confusing!:@.

Martyr
05-02-2005, 05:27 AM
There's some Confusion on some say that Janus is Serge..I need some clearing up! but, I believe That Guile is Janus,I wonder if it ture? :confused: :eek: :mog: :clone: :whimper: :blahblah:

Also, nothing is ture.