PDA

View Full Version : The Anime Thread

faster skating penguin
04-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Discuss the greatest joy in all of the world: ANIME!

I'll start us off: FLCL, a love it or hate it anime. It's been bashed by coutless online critics, but I think it's the greatest anime ever created. The symbolism, the art, the humor the narroration, the feeling to it all supurb. I find most people who don't like it simply don't understand it - which isn't too strange. It's very "out-there" and I needed about 15 viewings before I fully understood the complexities.

Also: Anyone go to anime conventions? I'm going to AnimeNext in Seacacus, NJ this June.

Rye
04-29-2005, 02:41 PM
No one beat me, but I don't like most anime. Rurouni Kenshin and Tenchi Muyo and old DBZ was the only anime I could watch. The rest is just annoying. Extremely large breasted 10 year olds that happen to wield some power or galatic cops is kind of weird. That's just my opinion though, don't beat me up for it.

faster skating penguin
04-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Kenshin and DBZ is the only kind of anime I can't watch. :) So cliched and corny.

Anyone know when Howl's Moving Castle is comming to theaters? Miyazaki is God.

Pauten
04-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Kenshin and DBZ is the only kind of anime I can't watch. :) So cliched and corny.

Well Dragonball was a kids show. So thats to be expected really.
I say Evangelion all the way!
Maybe One Piece too.

Naruto sucks. :p

faster skating penguin
04-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I liked what I saw of Evangelion, but it's horribly overrated. Even the boxset says "Best Anime Ever!" :(

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist
.hack
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Those are probably the best that I have seen.

The original Dragonball is good also. It wasn't like Z and actually had a story that went places relativly fast. None of this fight the same bad guy for 90 episodes crap.

Armisael
04-29-2005, 03:39 PM
I liked what I saw of Evangelion, but it's horribly overrated. Even the boxset says "Best Anime Ever!" :(
According to the fans,because it has voted as the best ever!^_^

Samuraid
04-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Samurai X is one of the best...

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2005, 03:46 PM
According to the fans,because it has voted as the best ever!^_^

Fans of the series that is :laugh:

And yes...Samurai X kicks all sorts of ass.

Levian
04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
I stopped watching cartoons when I was 8.

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2005, 04:29 PM

How very sad.

Levian
04-29-2005, 04:33 PM
It's just not my cup of tea. At all.

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
My sisters boyfriend is the same way. The only cartoon he ever liked at all way GI Joe. Toons just aren't for some people.

MecaKane
04-29-2005, 04:48 PM
"But seriously, these guys think that Zelda is a game for kids. Well only KIDS would care that a game looks like it is for kids. It's like when you are 14 and your mom wants to get a picture of you on the merry go round with your little sister but you don't want to get on because it's for kids. Eventually you grow out of that phase and you can appreciate just having fun whether it be on the back of an undulating wooden horse or in front of a cell shaded video game. " [or watching cartoons] <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/news.php3?date=2003-03-21">PA</a>

Vyk
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh the irony. But yeah. I'm one of the people that classifies cartoons and anime in different categories. Japanese do things with animation that we wouldn't dream of. We have to use live-action for some reason. Not that I disapprove of either. Just in this regard I think western society is a tad bit close-minded. But I think most anime fans feel that way. My favorite animes aren't anything new. I can't get into the stuff that's coming out now for some reason. I live off of Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Universe, Slayers, and the like. Though I'm sure Miyazaki can make me like something new ^_^ Haven't seen anything from his mind that I haven't liked yet. Maybe it's the nostalgia, or maybe newer animes have lost something special. I just wish West and East would stop trying to imitate each other. They're gonna end up with some Middle-ground blend that's bland as hell... Though I guess it does work on rare occasions. 'Cause I absolutely adore Teen Titans when I can manage to catch it.

faster skating penguin
04-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Samurai X is one of the best...

I've heard people sya they've liked it, but have never been too interested in it. Maybe because I find most Samurai animes to be unoriginal, uninspired and rely on the action scenes (also unoriginal) to cover up the bad art, crappy dialauge and uninteresting story.

But then again, I've never as much as read a brief synopsis of SX.

Anyone care to tell me what it's all about? (spoilers exculeded, of course)

MecaKane
04-29-2005, 07:04 PM
It's the complete opposite of everything you just said, more or less.

Pauten
04-29-2005, 08:03 PM
I am inclined to agree there. The art in Rurouni Kensin, ahem...Samurai X is some of the most beautiful in all of anime. The storyline is pretty good although I have to say that the manga has a far stronger story due to those not so good filler episodes that are numourous in the anime. Sometimes its just downright funny aswell. Unoriginal? What other samurai says "Oro?" In short i highly reccomend you see it Faster skating penguin.

DMKA
04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow, someone agrees with me on this? OMFGGQWTF!?!?!? :love:

Yes, I'm an anime fanatic. I think my favorite ever is Puni Puni Poemy. Or Sailor Stars. Or Steel Angel Kurumi. Or Excel Saga. :D

http://beaulieu.free.fr/images/lds/smstars/smstld1.jpg

:<3:

faster skating penguin
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Excel Saga = <3

Anyone seen Cromatorie(sp?) High School? It's an Excel Saga-esque comedy anime, and only available on On Demand (which I mooch off my rich friend). It's totally ace.

Pure Strife
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
My favourite bits of this thread so far:

The symbolism, the art, the humor the narroration, the feeling to it all supurb. I find most people who don't like it simply don't understand it - which isn't too strange. It's very "out-there" and I needed about 15 viewings before I fully understood the complexities.

Japanese do things with animation that we wouldn't dream of. We have to use live-action for some reason. Not that I disapprove of either. Just in this regard I think western society is a tad bit close-minded. But I think most anime fans feel that way.

Maybe because I find most Samurai animes to be unoriginal, uninspired and rely on the action scenes (also unoriginal) to cover up the bad art, crappy dialauge and uninteresting story.

I like Shaman King :D

Raven Nox
04-30-2005, 12:46 AM
For the longest time, Slayers was my favorite anime,man I loved that anime! I still do, I own it all and still love watching it, it's haliarous! But now, I think it's Noir. Noir is like the complete oppisite of Slayers, but it's really great. The only part I didn't like was in like.... the 2nd to last episode, I'm not gonna say 'cause it's a spoiler, but I'm girl, and I didn't really wanna see that lol, aw well...

Evangelion is alright, I've only seen a little of the beggining and lots of scenes from the ending because of AMVs. It's freaky looking, but from what I've seen of Evangelion, yes I think it's overrated. My uncle saw it all and didn't really like it.

faster skating penguin
04-30-2005, 12:57 AM
My favourite bits of this thread so far:

The symbolism, the art, the humor the narroration, the feeling to it all supurb. I find most people who don't like it simply don't understand it - which isn't too strange. It's very "out-there" and I needed about 15 viewings before I fully understood the complexities.

Japanese do things with animation that we wouldn't dream of. We have to use live-action for some reason. Not that I disapprove of either. Just in this regard I think western society is a tad bit close-minded. But I think most anime fans feel that way.

Maybe because I find most Samurai animes to be unoriginal, uninspired and rely on the action scenes (also unoriginal) to cover up the bad art, crappy dialauge and uninteresting story.

2/3! booyah

I've only seen the first disk and some scattered episodes of Eva. A friend has seen the whole series, though. From what he's described, it rides too much on philosophy. I've nothing against philosophy in anime, just it seems Eva's is too blatant. Akira & Spirited Away did a great job of conveying philosophy while still being themselves and not outright saying what they were trying to get across.

Pauten
04-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Evangelion is something that you either love or hate, like most of Studio Gainex's work. Evangelion is not blatant in anyway shape or form, I found it to be very open ended in interpretation.

Its one of those shows that you need to see all the way through then decided if you like it though.
BTW Gullwing, please tell me what happens at the end of Noir...PM me. :)

I also like Urusei Yatsura thats a totally mad show!

Raven Nox
04-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I saw the first disc and it looked ok, I mean it wasn't the greatest looking, but it wasn't the worst. Someday I see it all though... someday...I've already had some of it spoiled anyway.

Mookies
04-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Anime...

DMKA
04-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Evangelion is something that you either love or hate, like most of Studio Gainex's work.
I don't love or hate it.

crashNUMBERS
04-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Naruto is the best!!

faster skating penguin
04-30-2005, 01:09 AM
No offense, Pauten, but I hate it when people say "you need to see the whole show." If it's a good anime, then your attention should be caught from the first disk. I saw the first of Eva, thought it was okay, but I wasn't about to rush out to the store to buy the next as soon as I could. That's what seperates a good anime from a great anime. The ability for you to not just like it, but get into it from the very beggining. Full Metal Panic, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist, Excel Saga, Lain ... they all did it; Eva didn't.

Again, no offense, no hostility, just stating my animatic opinion. ;)

Pauten
04-30-2005, 01:10 AM
I stand corrected :p

Nahh i dont take offence. I'm just a big fanboy and if i like somthing i'll push it and defend it to my death. I guess i just connected with it right away. Its different for us all.

Spammerman
04-30-2005, 03:46 AM
i watch
1.FullMetal Alchemist
2.Inuyasha
3.Trigun
4.DragonBall
5.DBZ GT(usually dont watch dbz and beyond but ss4 is to god dang cool.
6.Ghost in the Shell(sometimes
7.YuYuHakusho
8.Zach Bell
9.Ruroni Kenshin
10.Rarely watch cowboy bebop
11.Rarely watch wolfs rain.
12. Gundam Seed
13..Hack twilight
14GUndam(the one where they control it by a suit or somethin
15.The very first gundam.

Chibi Angel
04-30-2005, 04:24 AM
When I was younger I used to watch Dragonball and digimon though as I got older they just didn't appeal to me as much.
I watch Inuyasha, and occassionally .hack and full metal alchemist. And I used to watch Escaflowne, me and my brother loved that show.

DMKA
04-30-2005, 04:40 AM
No offense, Pauten, but I hate it when people say "you need to see the whole show." If it's a good anime, then your attention should be caught from the first disk.
So very, very untrue. If you honestly feel that way, then you're missing out on alot of great stuff. In fact, the best stuff.

I doubt there's a series in history, anime, live action or anything else that I've seen, that I'd like if I thought that way.

Camanche
04-30-2005, 05:02 AM
InuYasha
.hack//SIGN
Cowboy Bebop (from the little that I've seen of it.)
Any of Miyazaki's films pretty much. :p

faster skating penguin
04-30-2005, 01:36 PM
No offense, Pauten, but I hate it when people say "you need to see the whole show." If it's a good anime, then your attention should be caught from the first disk.
So very, very untrue. If you honestly feel that way, then you're missing out on alot of great stuff. In fact, the best stuff.

I doubt there's a series in history, anime, live action or anything else that I've seen, that I'd like if I thought that way.

I'll continue with it if I've heard enough good stuff about it, but if by the third disk they're still going nowhere, :mad: .

Just as with everything in the world, your attention should be caught from the beggining. For example. Cowboy Bebop's first episode wasn't giving me daydreams about continuing the serise, but episode 5 (the greatest episode of anything in anime history) put the series on my mind for a long time, obviously forcing me to buy the next disk.

It dosn't have to reveal everything in the first disk, but if in those 4-5 episodes it dosn't make you wanna see more, it's failed.

MecaKane
04-30-2005, 03:12 PM
No, that's crap.
I wasn't really that into Kenshin the series untill 30 episodes in, but then I started watching 2 and 3 episodes a day. That's why stealing anime is better, if you really like the series after you watch it and have the money to buy the DVDs you can buy them then. You have to remember that in Japan there's no financial investment required to tune in next week to see where this is going.

Spammerman
04-30-2005, 06:50 PM
i watch the 4 digimon series too.

Lankyman
04-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Slayers
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Prince of tennis
Naruto
Love hina
Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Princess Mononoke

All ace.
There's way too many too list that i like, these are probably the best tho, or ones that come to mind.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-01-2005, 07:43 AM
I wasn't really that into Kenshin the series untill 30 episodes in

That's because Saito is so very much cooler than Kenshin.

Anyways.

My two favorites are Neon Genesis: Evangelion and Samurai X. I actually watched Evangelion quite awhile ago, before most Americans even knew what Anime was. The philosophy might seem blatant, but the very fact that it is so abstract is why it is like that. It wouldn't be Eva if it weren't made like that, and I don't see it as a problem, but instead as an integral part that makes it good. I do recall hearing that Evangelion was originally created to be a three season anime, and that about halfway through they were told that they needed to finish it in one season, and thus it became rushed at the end. I believe that also explains why the movies are so messed up.

Samurai X is an amazing anime. It's quite realistic and captures the essence of that era quite well. Unlike Rurouni Kenshin (which I do enjoy, albeit not nearly as much as Samurai X), it's much more realistic and quite serious. While I love some of the fight scenes in Kenshin, I know that quite a bit of the stuff they do is no possible. Samurai X doesn't have it. Kenshin is good, yes, but he's still within the boundaries of human performance. The dialogue is quick and to the point, and on occasion quite awkward (especially when Kenshin and Tomoe are speaking), which makes it that much more realistic. All in all it is an excellent anime, and I also enjoyed much of the symbolism in it.

Another series I like is .hack//sign, but I do know that a lot of people will find it boring since it is all about character development and the plot moves rather slowly. Combat is pretty minimal (it picks up at the very end), and it is very dialogue heavy, but I like how the characters were explored and how the story unfolds. The game also enhances the plot, and the play style isn't too bad, which is rather nice.

Full Metal Alchemist is rather good, but horridly depressing at times. It has a good mix of humor and seriousness, but it can be REALLY depressing at times, which might turn some people off it.

I just saw a fansubbed Harutoki, which seems to be quite interesting, kind of like Inuyasha only not hokey. I'll definitely be following that one if able.

I may add more to the list if I get around to it.

StarlightAngel
05-06-2005, 01:12 AM
I enjoy the Fruits Basket (*points at sig* duh), RurouniKen, Samurai X (Tho it was really sad :cry: ), .Hack//SIGN, The Miyazaki Films, CardCaptor Sakura, Tsubasa, Haibane Renmei, and a whole bunch more that I've probably forgotten ^^;

Rinen
05-06-2005, 04:06 AM
I'm addicted to anime, I've been watching anime as long as I've been playing videogames. I started back in 1988, even though my little mind couldn't comprehend a lot of things, but it was still entertaining enough for me to watch. Seventeen years of watching anime, first series I completely watched was Robotech (1985), first movie I ever watched was Galaxy Express 999 (1979/1996). I loved anime so much, as a kid, I aways done history projects on anime in my history class, each year going deeper and deeper behind anime. Ever since my first exposure as a toddler, I was fascinated with it to watch as much as I can, and now it led me to having a collection of 35 series and 21 movies. By next month I'll have 43 series.

Obsessed with anime since '88 and hadn't put any down yet.

Croyles
05-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Series i like:
Naruto
havnt watched samurai x but it sounds good

movies i like:
Princess mononoke
Akira
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Vampire Hunter D
etc etc

ffrinoa8
05-08-2005, 12:56 AM
the greatest joy in all of the world: ANIME!

I'll start us off: FLCL, a love it anime. It's been bashed by coutless online critics, but I think it's the greatest anime ever created.

Lionx
05-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Most anime are like RPGs IMO, they either start out slow and build up to something great, or they start out with a bang and slowly unfurl for you. Which is why i think most people go "You need to watch the entire show to see why its so great". I was the same with Full Metal Alchemist, i thought eh it was ok..but then as my friend kept urging me to watch it, i can honestly say its one of the best anime out there EVER.

DBZ, Sailor Moons, Inuyasha, and some of Kenshin is crap. :x I also dont see whats so good about Cowboy Bebop besides action.

I currently love to watch:

-Kujibiki Unbalance(what genshiken people watch)
-Genshiken(about anime otaku, feel its better than comic party)
-Loveless(where virgins are catboys, and its a shounen boy x boy relations, very good animation and wierd story O_o)
-Naruto
-Arc the Lad
-Goldenboy(oh >_> full of boobies)
-Full Metal Alchemist(must not spoil the greatness!)
-Fruits Basket
-Xenosaga : The Animation
-Ragnarok : The Animation (its..ok)
-My Hime(downloading o_o)
-Omnyou Taisenki (kid anime, but sexy Kogenta O_o)
-Chrno Crusade (demons, end of the world, sexy nuns)
-Kenshin OVAs(if only the series was like this)
-Wolf's Rain(ending sucks ; ; )
-Trigun
-Fatal Fury Movies(its ok ^^)
-Azumanga Daioh(high school girls CUTE not sexy...and full of random crap XD)
-Trying to find Tales of Phantasia ; ;

and yeah :x theres more i seen but i cant remember right now.

Ashi
05-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Hm... I've watched a bunch of stuff but don't always remember. The most significent series I've watched a few months ago was Gundam Seed. I was bored till episode 25 and stopped for a while, 26 and 27 were recaps. Then from 28 onwards I watched feverishly and completed the 5X (51 was it?) in a range of two days.

Tried to get into Gundam Seed Destiny but kept getting too confused. Most recently completed series was Full Moon wo Sagash-ite. It is kind of girly, but meh. Also watched the first few episodes and got bored then went back and completed the remaining episodes in two days. It was sappy and cheesy but I enjoyed it.

Currently watching Aish-iteruze baby. Another girly series. I found it less entertaining than the other one but still cute enough to watch.

Series I've watched and enjoyed in the past: Kimi ga nozomu eien, Scryed, Kaleidostar, .hack//sign, Fruits Basket, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Princess Nine, Weiss Kreuz, Weiss Kreuz Gluhen, Gate Keepers, Outlaw Star... probably more that I don't even remember anymore.

louby_4eva
05-08-2005, 08:50 PM
I love anime, especially sailor moon, cardcaptors and Fushigi Yuugi. They are my favourite.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Croyles
05-08-2005, 09:12 PM
things i dont watch: pokemon, digimon, sailor moon etc etc

Armisael
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
things i dont watch: pokemon, digimon, sailor moon etc etc
What is the etc??

ThroneofDravaris
05-09-2005, 03:11 PM
My favorite anime

1. Evangelion (of course)
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. Excel Saga
4. Love Hina
5. Cowboy Bebop

Has anyone here seen Saikano? I’ve seen some depressing things in my life, but this 13 episode series almost brought me to tears (because it was sad, not because it was crap)!

P.S Is the plural of anime anime?

MJN SEIFER
05-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I like a lot of anime but the only ones I can think of now are (in no order)
Digimon
pokemon
Dragonball/z/gt
Sailor Moon (Been a while though it's never on!)
Sonic X
Duel Masters (Sometimes been a while since 1995)
Rave Master (A classic oldie!)
And my favorite that I've watched since the 1990s as a five year old ..........HAMTARO! (Or Ham-Ham of you prefer that term)

T-MaN
05-09-2005, 10:26 PM
There are way too many too list. My favourite ones include the Gundam Sagas, Robotech, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, Inu Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin. Once again, there are too many good anime out there and it's a pain to type them all down.

ughhis
05-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Airmaster
Ah! My Goddess The Movie
Azumanga Daioh | Osaka.
Battle Programmer Shirase
Berserk
Blue Submarine No.6
Chrno Chrusade
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
FLCL
Fruits Basket
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Grave of the Fireflies
Great Teacher Onizuka
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Jubei-Chan the Ninja Girl: Secret of the Lovely Eye-Patch
Juuni Kokuki (Twelve Kingdoms)
Kamui no Ken (The Dagger/Sword of Kamui)
Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko (She and Her Cat)
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances)
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Kyou Kara Maou | Shounen-ai Light :)
Metropolis
Rose of Versailles
Gankutsuou
Mononoke Hime
Monster
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ninja Scroll
Noir
Now and Then, Here and There | Please watch this.
Planetes
RahXephon
Galaxy Express 999 | Leiji Matsumoto is my friend.
Read or Die OVA
Rurouni Kenshin TV | 01-62
Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1 (Tsuiokuhen)
Rurouni Kenshin OVA 2 (Seisouhen)
Seikai no Monshou (Crest of the Stars)
Seikai no Senki (Banner of the Stars)
Seikai no Senki II (Banner of the Stars II)
Sennen Joyuu (Millennium Actress)
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away)
Serial Experiments Lain
Tenchi Muyo OVA
Tenjou Tenge
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist
Wolf's Rain
Tsukikage Ran
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Vision of Escaflowne
Voices of a Distant Star
Whisper of the Heart

Watch these. If you still don't like anime, I will mourn your loss. :fpcow:

No one beat me, but I don't like most anime. Rurouni Kenshin and Tenchi Muyo and old DBZ was the only anime I could watch. The rest is just annoying. Extremely large breasted 10 year olds that happen to wield some power or galatic cops is kind of weird. That's just my opinion though, don't beat me up for it.

The "rest"? Please watch more. That's like sayin' "I hate Mother and Girlfriend, therefore I hate women". Or something better, maybe like "I dislike three tv-series and one movie, therefore I hate all kinds of film." I'm not beating you, just pokin' a little. :)

"But seriously, these guys think that Zelda is a game for kids. Well only KIDS would care that a game looks like it is for kids. It's like when you are 14 and your mom wants to get a picture of you on the merry go round with your little sister but you don't want to get on because it's for kids. Eventually you grow out of that phase and you can appreciate just having fun whether it be on the back of an undulating wooden horse or in front of a cell shaded video game. "

Thank God. :)

and some of Kenshin is crap

Episodes 01-62 are, in my humble opinion, mostly great. After that, nahh... And the OVAs are yummie.

I also dont see whats so good about Cowboy Bebop besides action.

The music, the art, the characters, the humor and the overall style of the series. Ed is God. :)

Lionx
05-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah i can see that about Cowboy Bebop, but its just the overall story just seems sorta lost on me. I do admit the characters were badass though.

Cless
05-10-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm currently making my way through Evangelion. It's the only anime series I've ever seen, but I am getting quite into it. So it's kind of like my introduction to the world of anime series', or something! :p

And after I'm finished with EVA, I may pick up Serial Experiments Lain as I think it looks really interesting.

T-MaN
05-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Oh yea! I forgot all about Evangelion. That was an awesome anime.

Phil
05-10-2005, 02:21 AM
SOMEBODY... PLease tell me you've heard of King of Bandit JIng. I will MAIL THE DVDS to your house so you can watch them But yeah I like that, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, (evangalion is okay), .Hack, and Inuyasha. I like drawing anime more than anything else. Workin' on a project for four years. Yeah... great stuff. I also wish they'd come out with a Zatch Bell manga. I think it'd be a lot better than the tv show. As for Rurouni Kenshin, its one of the best.

EDIT: Also, Juvenile Orion has a great story for the manga, havent seen the tv show- but I like the drawings. And the story. Tsukasa Amou is my favorite. Anybody heard of this?

T-MaN
05-10-2005, 02:23 AM
SOMEBODY... PLease tell me you've heard of King of Bandit JIng.
Yes, I've heard of it, but I haven't watched all the episodes yet. :mad:

DMKA
05-10-2005, 02:26 AM
DBZ, Sailor Moons, Inuyasha, and some of Kenshin is crap. :x
Don't make me kill you. :D

Unless you're talking about the American dubbed version that was shown on television, then I completely agree.

Raven Nox
05-10-2005, 02:35 AM
SOMEBODY... PLease tell me you've heard of King of Bandit JIng. I will MAIL THE DVDS to your house so you can watch them

You can mail me anything. I'll watch almost any anime, unless it's hentai. I've heared of King of Bandit Jing, but I've never seen/read it.

Vyk
05-10-2005, 06:41 AM
I got the first DVD of Jing. It was humorous. But didn't inspire me to persue the series. Much like my Noir DVD. The first episode was fascinating. But the rest started to develop a pattern. Which made me lose interest for some reason. And I don't think most of Cowboy Bebop HAD a plot. It's one of the few Animes where episodes could stand alone without much need for chronology. Kinda like american cartoons. Only better. I'm sure there was intended an order. But when you're just catching one bad guy after another with not much relation to each other, there's no need to worry about what order it happens in. The beggining episodes and the ending episodes I think are the only ones that needed an order. And the first Anime I watched all of was Voltron. But I don't think that even counts because I wasn't even old enough to know it was Anime. So I just consider it a cartoon of my childhood. A very good cartoon. (I guess even then there was some instinct telling me that Anime was better than regular cartoons)

Lionx
05-10-2005, 06:53 AM
DBZ, Sailor Moons, Inuyasha, and some of Kenshin is crap. :x
Don't make me kill you. :D

Unless you're talking about the American dubbed version that was shown on television, then I completely agree.

Yes

Raven Nox
05-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Much like my Noir DVD. The first episode was fascinating. But the rest started to develop a pattern. Which made me lose interest for some reason.

Keep watching. Noir is like my favorite anime, and I normally don't like things like that. The begining isn't all that great, but after Chloe comes in it picks up (episode 10, I believe), and when I was borrowing it from a friend, his disc 5 was starched, and I had to wait for him to fix it. Pure toture. I wanted to see the next episodes SO BAD!!!!! It's a little slow, but after it gets going, it's great.