PDA

View Full Version : How has video game music changed your perception of life?

Jojee
04-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Well?

Masamune·1600
04-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I'm listening to FF music right now.

ThroneofDravaris
04-30-2005, 09:40 AM
I learned that there is some other FF related product that I can waste money on.

rubah
04-30-2005, 05:21 PM
it sneakily helps me find ff fans in band when I play bits on the xylophone randomly.

ShivaBlizzard8
04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
I found out I can play the piano. Who knew? :p

Necronopticous
04-30-2005, 06:20 PM
I found out that there is nothing more satisfying that playing Final Fantasy tunes on a piano, and that video game piano compositions are great for headache relief and getting to sleep.

Destai
04-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Im listening to Xenosaga II soundtrack right now. Im using it to try and figure out the story along with trailers and info on the main website. Is the start of the game with Jin and Margulis fight a flashback?

Necronopticous
04-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Im listening to Xenosaga II soundtrack right now. Im using it to try and figure out the story along with trailers and info on the main website. Is the start of the game with Jin and Margulis fight a flashback?
OFF TOPIC:

yes

Destai
04-30-2005, 06:30 PM
ooo Im on fire.

Fire_Emblem776
05-01-2005, 08:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I learned that there is some other FF related product that I can waste money on.

i can sleep better :love:

SublimeStar007
05-01-2005, 07:28 PM
well...i happen to be listening to FF Music right now (FFVI)
It also made me want to have the "Epitaph" from FFVI played at my funeral, that song is so lovely. I just love FF music in general, i'm going to learn how to play the piano good someday then i'll bust out with all sorts of FF tunes.

ehsteve
05-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Believe it or not, video game music may influence my future career choice. I printed some final fantasy music off the internet for my school band and by band teacher is letting me rehearse and conduct it. I have discovered that I really enjoy directing a band and that I am good at it. I am now seriously considering a career as a music teacher.

UltimateSpamGrover
05-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Um.... no

ehsteve
05-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Why not?

Cless
05-05-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm now more open minded due to video game music.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 06:00 PM
It helped pass the time at work and made me a better dancer.

Dark Matter
05-12-2005, 03:22 PM
I feel really jealous that everyone but me knows about music. well, never mind, that's why I have some very complicated feelings towards music. I love AND hate music at the same time. Whatever the outcome, it's ok, it's ok....

Dr.K
05-12-2005, 07:52 PM
It has given me a more open mind, and persuaded me to take up the piano once exams finish.

Mi-Chan
05-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Honestly, before I played a Final Fantasy game I had no musical interests. I mean, I did, but it was just, "oh, ok," and well you get the idea. Once my uncle introduced me to FF9 (my first FF experience) everything seemed to change for me. The music was enchanting to me. Something about how music helps to tell a story, the concept of how it evokes emotion, my emotion. haha.. i feel so overly serious.. anyways..

I started getting interested in all things music after playing FF9, and hearing music from the other FF games. If it wasnt for Uematsu's music I wouldn't have taught myself how to play the piano (Uematsu is self-taught!), discovered my singing talent, among other things. Yep, I could on for quite a bit.. but I'll save your eyes.

I cant wait for the More Friends concert. :] Seeing Uematsu's works on such a grand scale as this is truly an inspiration.

MoonZapdos
05-15-2005, 01:01 AM
I believe it is not the first time i see a "perception of life changing" thread. And it's also by Monkey. Well, if I recall, vgmusic doesn't chance any perception of life.

Kilrane
05-15-2005, 01:52 AM
i learned that girls are suckers for soft classical music like FF music and if u can play something like "To Zanarkand" or "Aeris Theme" or "FFVII Main Theme" they will generally wanna hang out with u more often. i met my girlfriend when i was playing a song on my guitar and she walked by and stopped to listen.

Mi-Chan
05-15-2005, 03:38 AM
We are!!.. well at least I am. :D

and then i learned how to play it myself. hehe.

but to get on topic...

I believe it is not the first time i see a "perception of life changing" thread. And it's also by Monkey. Well, if I recall, vgmusic doesn't chance any perception of life.

hows that? :confused:

epifania
05-25-2005, 02:51 AM
in SOOOOO many ways I can't even begin to name or describe them! =)
But right now the most important is it made me a waay better musician than before

Samuraid
05-25-2005, 03:05 AM
I found out that there is nothing more satisfying that playing Final Fantasy tunes on a piano, and that video game piano compositions are great for headache relief and getting to sleep.

Croyles
05-26-2005, 11:00 PM
ahhh get rid of the "perception on life" threads!

but seeing as how it has turned into something else more enjoyable, it should be aloud to stay open :rolleyes2

telirium
06-08-2005, 09:47 PM
This may sound way too ambitious but I may want to "follow in the footsteps" of the great Uematsu. His music has really opened my eyes to the enjoyment you can get from creating musical compositons. Whether they may be re-makes of classic tunes or your very own, you just cant go wrong with creating video game music.

Hroth
06-09-2005, 01:20 AM
I think that only people who know anything about music can fall in love with video game music. The fact that it has no lyrics or very very little makes it hard for the people who love all mainstream music to like. But I absolutely fell in love with the first time I heard One Winged Angel, then I just played FF all the time, I never noticed that what got me to play FF was not only the storyline and lovable characters but the incredible music scores as well. I've been listening to FF music for two weeks non-stop now, my singing took the toll since I stopped practicing as I used to sing everyday all the time, but it is well worth it. Instrumental/Classical music makes you see a whole different side of music as what you pay attention to generally are the lyrics (at least for me) and the singing. I do plan to learn to play alot of FF music on the piano or the guitar which I will take on not long from now. As weird as it may sound, any slow song by Nobuo played on the piano can make you goddamn bawl your eyes out simply because it is so emotionally played and just makes your feelings come out (at least for me). I am also very glad I found EOFF radio cause that's what I was looking for when I joined the forum. Anyone who loves music but doesn't listen to Classical or Instrumental is a travesty.

Yuffie514
06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
1) where else would i ever discover Faye Wong?
2) FF8's epic collection - there's nothing better.
3) no way am i playing my games with no music!

Cruise Control
06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I burned a cd of songs from FF soundtracks that were relaxing, and now I sleep!