PDA

View Full Version : How has FFT influenced your perception of life?

krissy
04-30-2005, 03:23 AM
I don't trust people in authority much anymore thanks to this game.

Jojee
04-30-2005, 03:34 AM
It taught me a lot about battle strategy.

Tonepoet
04-30-2005, 05:40 AM
This is strange, I just got back from the FF VI section and there's a topic just like this, except for FF VI of course.

Anyway, I'm going to have to give a similar answer to what I said in the VI version and say it hasn't much. I never trusted many people right off the bat anyway and don't have a sister to worry about. If I did have a sister though, this game would've probably made me paranoid as all get go.

ThroneofDravaris
04-30-2005, 09:28 AM
It's on all FF forums, I've replied to most of them.

I learned that there is a battle system worse than ATB

Vod
05-01-2005, 01:51 AM
I laugh at this game because if you think about it, the whole game is just laughing in the face of the christian religion, evil priests, blaming god for the kidnap of the princess, spending over half the game as a heretic, it's hilarious if you think about it

(If you haven't guessed by now, I am not a christian ;) )

Wiegrahf42
05-04-2005, 03:38 AM
That an obscure often forgotten installment of a series can be the one of the best installments.

My name is...something..?
05-04-2005, 07:47 AM
That the church is hiding vital information about the real happenings of the world.

TurkSlayer
05-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I laugh at this game because if you think about it, the whole game is just laughing in the face of the christian religion, evil priests, blaming god for the kidnap of the princess, spending over half the game as a heretic, it's hilarious if you think about it

(If you haven't guessed by now, I am not a christian ;) )

Exactly. I saw it the same way. I also don't trust people as much anymore.

Koryiaki
05-06-2005, 04:26 PM
it tought me that religion = nothing more than false hope, thats for sure

Tatics Master
05-15-2005, 12:51 PM
I've noticed also how this game mimics the Christain faith in so many ways. I hope its not a sin to be playing this game if your a christain! :confused: lol! If it is, a lot of people will be out of luck, just adding more sin to ya life. But I'm one so I think its just a video game and they didn't have actual names and stuff. Just some similarities.*

And also I learned that there are a lot of people like Algus in this world. The'll be your friend and ask you for help when they need you,but in a cold minute will step over and turn on you if it serves thier benifit!
Pittiful! :mad2:

BG-57
05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
While the game does use the Medieval church as a model for the church in Tactics, I think the game is not so much anti-Christian as anti-authoritarian.

While in the game there are a few people in power with the people's best interest at heart (like Orlandu), most of those in both political and religious authority are out for themselves, motivated by greed and fanaticism.

I guess the moral in Tactics is: power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. :(

Tatics Master
05-15-2005, 05:58 PM
absolutely! :bigbiggri

Lich3636
06-03-2005, 09:25 PM
this game is not anti christian the fact is this game is set in medievil times and thats pretty much was what the church was like in medievil times we cant deny the churches corruption back then any more than we can deny the crusades and I know its gunna come so im gunna say it now yes I bet there is plenty of corruption in todays church too

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-05-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm Scared of Knights who can Hold two swords, one in each hand.

Geez i used to just think they looked cool, now I run away.

ohh and also, Calculators are VERY scary as well. I had to Drop out of Math.

KentaRawr!
06-05-2005, 04:38 PM
It taught me how to become a Wizard! All I have to do is become a Chemist! :D

Lich3636
06-05-2005, 08:37 PM
I learned you can break a diamond shiled with your fist. and you can miss two times in a row when your odds of hitting were 90%

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-06-2005, 03:07 AM
oops i gave the thread a goofy "fake leson learned" spin :D

Eternal Dark Night
06-09-2005, 01:11 AM
To me this whole game was really its own world because seeing as Ramza is stuck between a noble and well a animal all nobles seem back stabing now i know how it feels to be rich well death corbs were the good guys to me nobles are stuck in there ways there stuborn cuz of this game all people who are rich i don't even look at them strait you know this game has alot of blameness on well god man thats sucks i feel bad for the church people reading this they won't cuz they don't play FF games.

bkkguy
07-08-2005, 08:38 PM
If you just keep talking like the mediator does in this game, you can turn people into chicken :D

Eternal Dark Night
07-10-2005, 05:59 PM
If you just keep talking like the mediator does in this game, you can turn people into chicken :D
Darkness

darkblade117
07-11-2005, 06:31 PM
this game teaches you to jump really really high with a lance.... :rolleyes2