PDA

View Full Version : How has FFVIII changed your perception of life?

Jojee
04-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Well?

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 04:44 AM
I felt more like a knight of some sort than I ever had playing through FF4/FF2

nik0tine
04-30-2005, 04:44 AM
I don't know, specifically in what ways, but it actually has made me a better person. (At least I think so.) Final Fantasy as a whole has made me a better person. It's made me a complete and utter nerd as well, but it has also made me a better person.

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 05:35 AM
If you mean fanatic, then you're technically a geek, not a nerd. I'm a nerd for knowing that. :D

Xaven
04-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Well?

It hasn't. ...then again... Sometimes I wish I could cast Silence or Stop on my lil' brother at night or on annoying class-mates and non-English-speaking English teachers in class (don't ask.).

rubah
04-30-2005, 07:58 AM
It makes me want to go to a military acadamy.

(or notxDDD)

ThroneofDravaris
04-30-2005, 09:05 AM
I learned that PS1 graphics were crap.

Go Nintendo 64!

Kamrusepas
04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
It made my life evolve around it.

Armisael
04-30-2005, 12:04 PM
It made me more romantic!^_^

ShivaBlizzard8
04-30-2005, 03:48 PM
It made me wish I could pronounce (...).

DMKA
04-30-2005, 05:58 PM

Go Nintendo 64!
Oh yes! I remember so many N64 games with better graphics than the FF8 cinematics! Damn it had some kickass graphics!!! [/sarcasm]

I just started playing it over for the first time in years. I think the last time I actually played it through was back in 2000 (age 15). Now that I'm playing it again (age 20) I'm noticing, not that the game has changed me, but rather, it's making me notice how much I've changed as a person. I can relate to Squall so much and I have like, such a similar attitude and mindset...it's odd.

It also seems to kick alot more ass this time around. :D

(Oh, and if you have a PS2, make sure you turn on the texture smoothing feature before you play. It works WONDERS for FFVIII.)

ThroneofDravaris
04-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Go Nintendo 64!
Oh yes! I remember so many N64 games with better graphics than the FF8 cinematics! Damn it had some kickass graphics!!! [/sarcasm]

I just started playing it over for the first time in years. I think the last time I actually played it through was back in 2000 (age 15). Now that I'm playing it again (age 20) I'm noticing, not that the game has changed me, but rather, it's making me notice how much I've changed as a person. I can relate to Squall so much and I have like, such a similar attitude and mindset...it's odd.

It also seems to kick alot more ass this time around. :D

(Oh, and if you have a PS2, make sure you turn on the texture smoothing feature before you play. It works WONDERS for FFVIII.)

IMO, while FMV sequences look cool, they didn't really mix well with the in-game graphics until FFIX. I much prefer the game-generated cut scenes in Ocarina of Time, the transition to game-play is much smoother.

lionhearted
04-30-2005, 08:10 PM

I have to agree - it has really made me want to do something like that. Save the world and gain true love with the help of my friends....nah, never gonna happen! But I still wanna gain the true love...

In my opinion, it really did make me a romantic, I guess I just want a relationship like Squall and Rinoa's.

DJZen
04-30-2005, 08:52 PM
It taught me that abusive immature emo jerk-faces get all the chicks.

Apollo
05-01-2005, 04:16 AM
That stealing magic from monsters is ok. :p

Mittopotahis
05-01-2005, 05:12 AM
It made me wish I could pronounce (...).

Hahahahahaha! So true!
It has showed me that love still exists in the world, not just lust...even though FFVIII is made up, but...............yeah

Mo-Nercy
05-01-2005, 06:37 AM
It taught me to love again. :greenie:

DMKA
05-01-2005, 07:02 AM
IMO, while FMV sequences look cool, they didn't really mix well with the in-game graphics until FFIX. I much prefer the game-generated cut scenes in Ocarina of Time, the transition to game-play is much smoother.
Are you serious? I played Orcarina of Time and couldn't tell what the hell I was looking at 90% of the time because the graphics were so undistigushable. o_O Plus the game just plain sucked. :p

Excelsior
05-01-2005, 07:02 AM
it taught me that there are better FF games then 7.

Kamrusepas
05-01-2005, 09:57 AM

Amen to that.

Shauna
05-01-2005, 02:17 PM

Yea, did that for me too. :D

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-01-2005, 05:58 PM
The game taught me:
-Don't judge someone from their appearence a.k.a. don't trust politicians
-You'll find love in the place you'll least expect it (in a school? I would have never thought of that)
-Everything and everyone has a fate and a reason to live
-It made me realise that I find annoying people cute
-Everything, everyone and random periods of time may all be connected somehow
-Love makes the world go round

Kamiko
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
It taught me that guys that look sexy, deep and mysterious... are not always not what they appear. They are sometimes sexy, deep, mysterious and emotionally constipated.

Dreamtiger42
05-02-2005, 10:48 AM
I now believe that i am Rinoa for I am happy and animal loving and Matt is Squall for he is sexy, anti social & emotionally constipated...... like most men :p tehehe

Xaven
05-03-2005, 01:12 AM

Amen to that.

Apollo
05-03-2005, 04:25 AM
Agrees with post above (I don't feel like quoting). :)

AkiraMakie
05-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Hmm..well, i believe FF as a whole has made me a more diverse person.

But, as for FF8, i didnt apperciate that game when it first came out. It took 4 years and a couple of good fanfiction to get me to really apperciate that game. FF8 can so easily be turned into good fanfiction. The setting is just so open that you can do that. Cause its like at the end of the game, they are what they started off as, A bunch of kids, in a school of mercinaries that are probably still way in over their heads. And how many teenagers arent in way over their heads like all the time? So true to life.

Primus Inter Pares
05-03-2005, 09:49 AM

Go Nintendo 64!

So true.................................. NOT!
Oh god, where do people get off saying things like this.

Back on Topic, FF8 was my first FF game, it removed my perception of life. Since then:
1. I can no longer remember the names of my family members
2. I can no longer remember the names of my friends
3. I consider my greatest achievement finishing 7,8,9,10,10-2 in a row without sleeping or stopping
4. I consider Renzokuken a great way to solve the worlds problems
5. I do remember that i did something in '98
6. Whatever country i'm in i still believe the Currency is GIL

Y-Rikku-P
05-03-2005, 12:42 PM
It made me see that good graphics is not what makes a good game. You actually need a storyline that makes sense unlike FFVIII and a half decent battle system where your main aim isn't to steal magic from hard working monsters who have it as a natural ability.

Scowl
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
It really gets to me now when Squall risks his life to save Rinoa in space and the words he says; 'Sis, help me! I never felt this way before!' But when I first played this game like 5 years ago, back then I didn't appreciate this game. I was prolly the first person to buy ff8 in pc version and I expected so much more because FF7 really was a good game. I hated Squall cuz he only pretended to be strong. He hung on to 'dead' Rinoa like she's the only thing to look forward in his life. He might as well wept like a baby. I still can remember how sick he had made me. But now I can appreciate this game whole lot better. Squall makes me realize those innocent feelings I once had toward my first love. Although I still believe FF7 is a better game, I wouldn't say FF8 is a dissapointment.

Fire_T
05-03-2005, 05:05 PM
sometimes, i wish i could scan women to understand them

Meat Puppet
05-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Shortly after playing FFVIII, I killed myself.

Oh, and it gave me a thirst to look up girls skirts. Damn you, FFVIII.

AkiraMakie
05-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Also, After playing FF8, i soon became a Sorcerers Knight and we are in the process of causing time kompression as we speak.

Gnostic Yevon
05-14-2005, 05:39 AM
made me want to compress time.

Unfortuately my disk crashed so I never found out
Rinoa is Ultamecia

Until I read it on the web. Go Internet!

Gwelenguchenkus
05-14-2005, 06:02 AM
made me want to compress time.

Unfortuately my disk crashed so I never found out
Rinoa is Ultamecia

Until I read it on the web. Go Internet!

lot's of people disagree with that a LOT. That is no more than an unlikely theory to many people.

rubah
05-14-2005, 06:03 AM
R!=U.

Square's not *that* subtle.

Anakin
05-18-2005, 10:42 AM
FFVIII made me to put blue eye contacts and to do a scar between they eyes so i can look like Squall.--which my friend say that i do :p --

Gwelenguchenkus
05-18-2005, 10:58 AM
R!=U.

Square's not *that* subtle.

I agree. If they were going to make such an elaborate and twisted plot twist as that, they would have made it much more obvious.

FFVIII made me to put blue eye contacts and to do a scar between they eyes so i can look like Squall.--which my friend say that i do :p --

You sliced your face open to make a scar just to look like Squall? That's Fanboyism bordering insanity! ~ :greenie:

Bruce666
05-22-2005, 09:36 PM
i now have no like apart from ff8, now if you will excuse me i have to go and shop at balamb :D

MushroomZOMBIE
05-24-2005, 10:15 PM
LOL.It makes me think hot guys like Squall really do exist......& killin' & kickin' ass is fuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!!!So is decapitating monsters with Odin/Gilgamesh........:chop:
& the use of the word ".......Whatever......" when you have no comment!!!!! :p

mangaist
06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
It also made me a better person.
But also had me longed to a time when this all can be virtually real
I mean like virtual reality so that I can experience something like FFVIII in real life
I longed for an relationship like that of Squall and Rinoa.
Although I find the game was a little short and there has to be a remake of it
it was fun playing it for five times in a single year
I find it a little sad that I have no more time to play it so often.
and the fmv sequences were perfect
not at all slowing the game down like some people were saying in the past.

The love between rinoa and squall
It's just sad that such a life cannot exist in real time
If you ever come across such a love, you may call yourself a very lucky person
The game has inspired me to try and write my own story and make a few sketches of it
I find the game just superb
there a no words to describe it

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Since playing FF8, I realised that there is some guy in Japan who knows who I am and put me in a computer game but changed my name and appearance...

It occured to me just how ultimately cool being rejected by society can be. I wrote my screen name on my school bag (that's right, I have Renzokuken Red dragon written on the straps in Tip-Ex. Goes great with my shiny Prefect's badge and non-regulation shoes.)

I guess all it really changed is that now I practice endless Renzokukens. All the rest I did already. Except the whole having a girlfriend bit... I'm kinda like Squall and available ladies! (Though Squall would never say anything like that...)

Milky
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
FF7 and 8 did it for me, my fantasy is wide, i wish life is like that but that's crazy.
but what it does for me is that i want to write a book based on stuff like FF
I LOVE FF 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :love: :D

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Tooo baaaaaaaaaaaaad that you'd be done for copyrite, but taht could be an interesting read:

He had to wait for his atb gauge to fill before he could even begin to slay the monster that was patiently waiting upion the other side of the battlefield, just standing there, slobbering, awaiting for its own invisible gauge to fill. Eventually, the guage filled and the dropdown bar of commands appeared, he quickly selected his attack and the best was slain, it made an odd nosie as it was killed and mysteriously disintegrated as the victor continued with his victory dance.

ahaha............. ^_~

Drift
06-07-2005, 12:03 PM
there is no right or wrong just differences in opinion ^_^

Lion
06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Squall's thoughts mainlly drawned me to the game and alas, even if we're only simple passers through this life, i guess final fantasy teaches us a valuable lesson: that even when there's no hope, there will be a torch to light your path and heat the sun.

Armisael
06-08-2005, 03:18 PM
that even when there's no hope, there will be a torch to light your path and heat the sun.
Oh,great line!^_^

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 06:04 PM
FF8 made me want to dance around in happiness and it also made me wish i had some knuckle gloves so i could beat up random creatures....i also really wnated there to be a lunar cry so i could beat the crap outta monsters and defend my planet!

Skyblade
06-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Since playing FF8, I realised that there is some guy in Japan who knows who I am and put me in a computer game but changed my name...

No, that would be me that was stuck in the game. Appearance is nearly identical, too. (Though I lack the scar)