PDA

View Full Version : How has FFX influenced your perception of life?

WildRaubtier
04-30-2005, 03:25 AM
Well?

FF freak
04-30-2005, 03:39 AM
It taught me know matter what....If your dad is Sin,you should kill him.....Words to live by.

Kiwi Nazi
04-30-2005, 04:50 AM
FFX changed the way i looked at death, which is pretty sad i guess. but the ending was so awesome, it kept in a " :confused:" type mood for a while.

rubah
04-30-2005, 05:13 AM
you are cool if you pretend you have a broken arm, only one eye, and an addiction to mysterious drinks.

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 05:40 AM
I wanted Auron's sunglasses.

CaptRory
04-30-2005, 06:02 AM
It reinforced what I allready knew.

A few bullet points-

1) Heroes and Martyrs are different. A martyr is willing to die for a cause; a hero is willing to live for one which is by far the more difficult of the two.

2a) Killing your enemies is a good thing. It keeps them from coming back and screwing with you and your loved ones later.

2b) Make sure after you kill your enemies that they stay dead or they'll keep coming back.

3) That the Truth is, generally speaking, a wholly different thing from "common knowledge." People collect a lot of different facts they "know" are "true" only for the Truth to be completely different.

4) Never doubt that a small, dedicated band of individuals can change the world.

5) Always question. Never take anything at face value. If someone says "The sky is blue" go look, one day you may just be surprised.

ThroneofDravaris
04-30-2005, 09:19 AM
I learned that if you try really hard, you can breath under water.

*drowns*

FF freak
04-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I learned that if you try really hard, you can breath under water.

*drowns*

Oh don't start.....this caused a thread in itself.

DJZen
04-30-2005, 08:57 PM
That religion is the opiate of the masses.

Oh wait... Nevermind... I knew that already...

My name is...something..?
04-30-2005, 10:41 PM
That the church is keeping important pieces of information from the masses.I also learned that if you have enough faith, you can walk(and dance) on water.

Xalioniaf
05-01-2005, 07:56 AM
This game taught me alot of things:
-Just because they seem living doesn't mean they are.
-The insides of giant creatures are filled with monsters, pillars, and cities.
-Right between your dad's heart and his right lung is a bad ass sword.
-My final enemy can be as mundane as a symbol.
-It is possible to breath underwater.
-Sacrificing your friends is okay, especially if you summon them.
-A machina-concious nation does not mind an airship in the sky.
-Just because they have long, flowing hair doesn't mean they're as cool as Sephiroth.

silent_ultima
05-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I know that responsability is more important than friendship. Thanx Auron

Gwelenguchenkus
05-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I totally changed the way I view the laws of physics. Simply, they don't really exist!

I learned that if you try really hard, you can defy gravity and do some 'impossible' stunts. (Jecht shot anyone? Remember that scene on the boat in the beginning? Yeah. Tidus flew about 20 feet in the air, PAUSED, then started SPINNING, did a FLIP, and kicked a ball. Wow.)

I never realized that people could hold their breath so long (hmm... 20 minutes, no struggling, even under the pressure of an intense swimming sport like blitzball?), and swim so incredibly fast.

Blitzballs are amazing objects. They fly at amazing speeds (even underwater when THROWN!) and almost never miss. They always come right back into your hand when thrown and bounced off something.

note: Pretty graphics, yes, but still far from realistic in any sense.

After FFX, I came to the realization that people don't care when insanely unrealistic concepts are put in games. No matter how rediculous the thought that tidus can swim 50 mph underwater for 20 minutes is, they (and I) don't care, as long as the game is fun. I knew this before, but I thought there would be more complaining, but it turns out no one cares, really.

Spiffing Cheese
05-01-2005, 03:13 PM
-Just because they have long, flowing hair doesn't mean they're as cool as Sephiroth.

HA HA HA!!! LMAO!!! HA... H..A ...H.......A......h..........................a

Kamrusepas
05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
you are cool if you pretend you have a broken arm, only one eye, and an addiction to mysterious drinks.

Heey, Auron is cool.
Besides, the arm isn't broken, he uses it in battle.

But the bottle does intrigue me....

strawberryman
05-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Aye. :shifty:

DMKA
05-01-2005, 09:00 PM

Spiffing Cheese
05-02-2005, 01:51 PM

Heey, Auron is cool.
Besides, the arm isn't broken, he uses it in battle.

But the bottle does intrigue me....

The bottle is for his overdrive :rolleyes3

rubah
05-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Betcha he uses it more than just for that.

Fanart has taught us that much.

Y-Rikku-P
05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
That I will always compare future FF games to it.

(Can everyone please let it go that they can breath underwater, it's a game, did anyone ever complain that the Mario Bros were plumbers saving a princess? Eh NO!)

Mika the Unsent
05-03-2005, 07:34 PM
That I will always compare future FF games to it.

(Can everyone please let it go that they can breath underwater, it's a game, did anyone ever complain that the Mario Bros were plumbers saving a princess? Eh NO!)

Well...Now you mention it! ;)

Honestly, all this game taught me is that it took me alot of time to beat.

Destai
05-03-2005, 07:53 PM
It taught me that to be sure your enemies are and stay dead you have to go to the bother of cutting there corpse into pieces and carrying the head around with you and even then theres always the risk they'll just posses someone or something else. It also taught me that a simpler storyline and setting can be as interesting as a complex one.

Spiffing Cheese
05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
It taught me that video game character have really great hair ;)

Garnie
05-03-2005, 08:31 PM
i learned that final fantasy is slowley taking over my life.oh oh oh and i also learned that I HATE BLITZ BALL

FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Sphere
05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
1) Never travel 1000 years to the future.

2) Playing this game for 3 days straight is bad for your health.

3) I now enjoy sleep.

4) Don't trust anyone... They could be a dream.

Technically, the whole 'dream' thing is really sad...

The faith control Tidus' life. He is imaginary. He has no originality or personality... merely... a thought... trapped in oblivion. He is an endless void, a physical hologram.

Cruise Control
05-04-2005, 11:23 AM
1) Yevon and friends are scum
2) Auron is a beast
3) Don't let women wear skirts on Mt. Gagazet (she must have been pretty cold)
4) If you meet a monster and he attacks you, he will nicely wait for half an hour while you eat and when you come back, let you hit him back.

Zanius
05-11-2005, 11:04 PM
The things I learned with Final Fantasy X:

1 - In the reality, there are no happy endings.

2 - Sometimes we have to give of things that we want most, in order to do the right thing. Sacrifice our happiness to help the others.

3 - Love doesn't end with death. As long as we remember of people that we love... then this love remains inside of us.

4 - Even when anything is look like lost, we have to continue fighting, because when we have a will there's a way!

Nod
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I learned from X that.........................if im ever out for a walk and a massive wall of water comes rolling towards me then a guy with a broken arm jumps up and says 'hey come with me', im not actually real. xD.

Kamiko
05-12-2005, 01:19 AM
I learned that if you try to jump on a dude that says he can't take you to his hometown and that he's got to go, you're going to hit your head on pavement. Hard.

Tai-Ti
05-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I learnt----->
1: rotating a control stick really fast can damage your hand. And the controler
2: that i am truly an odd ball.......
3: spending hours sitting in a bean bag dose wonders for future back craking
4: u dont have to stop moving your mouth when your done with a sentence
5: i have little paitience for things that are unessecary
6: to not dissturb my brother when hes on his computer... long story