PDA

View Full Version : How has FFVII changed your perception of life?

Jojee
04-30-2005, 03:25 AM
Well?

Seraf
04-30-2005, 03:33 AM
FFVII changed the way I think about the planet, I can tell you that much lol. Hurry! Let's all rebel against giant companies and industries because they're polluting the planet!

Jojee
04-30-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah, Mako poisoning is symbolic for industrial pollution =| Don't pollute!

Also FFVII got me into RPGs and that changed my life forever ^_^

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 04:42 AM
FF7 began my obsession with artificial enhancement, cloning, bigass swords, and awesome airships.

Seraf
04-30-2005, 04:45 AM
And a guy named Cid, lol.

ThroneofDravaris
04-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I learned that otherwise heterosexual men can have strange attractions to visually appealing villains…………….

*Hides in closet*

krissy
04-30-2005, 06:02 PM
yeah agreein with above poster. Berserk!, prime example

Seraf
04-30-2005, 06:07 PM
I think you need to come out of that closet, lol. :p

DJZen
04-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I learned of Heidegger, and how you world can be turned upside-down in an instant, and what the word "love" really means.

Snap Jumper
05-01-2005, 03:52 AM
Sometimes crossdressing may be the only way to get into a place. Seriously, though, a problem you may think is important may be small compared to other people's problems.

Xalioniaf
05-01-2005, 07:57 AM
It taught me the word "slums". It taught me that powerful spells are transported in tiny multicolored balls.

Fire_Emblem776
05-01-2005, 08:32 AM
some games are very very long..........
angels can be evil
down with corperations

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-01-2005, 05:52 PM
When I first played it when I was 10, it got me obsessed with colourful stones which I like to pretend are magic (and still do), it taught me that just because a girl walks around in barely any clothes doesn't mean that she's a slut it all depends on her behaviour, it also taught me that anything is possible (a talking lion/cat/dog whose tail is lit on fire?!) and lastly that just because a big coporation gives loads of money to charity doesn't mean that they are good people behind closed doors (I know that we don't really learn that from FF7 but I kind of learnt that one from FF7 and Sister Sister).

Meat Puppet
05-04-2005, 02:01 AM
I learnt that Sephiroth and I have been best friends for life. We have grown old together and have had many a bout of drinking beer, arguing over women and slapping each others ass. Because we are such great chums, I refer to him ever so intimately as "Sephy", and talk about him like he is actually a real person.

Any cosplay I see of Sephiroth, I immediately assume this is the real Sephiroth and those bastards at Square just stole the idea from this guy.

When people insult or say bad things about Sephy, I get very made and e-shout at them (type in full caps), and tell them what morons they are for insulting such a great man and ramming a hole open in his feelings. I value his emotions over anyone elses because, like I said, Sephy and I are best of friends.

Should we both have been gay (which we aren't, because we're such men, but if we were) we probably would've found a place where gay people can get married, then we would've got married, and either adopted children or have his seed placed in a woman so that me and him can raise a perfect child/ren.

Wiegrahf42
05-04-2005, 03:46 AM
That a power coorporation can run the world. That despite the availability of firearms, massive impractical swords are effective. That any game could have such a following of fanatical zealots, ninjas are now only annoying thieves, the best character sleeps in a coffin, the main character's story has more plot holes then swiss cheese, An astronaught smokes in space, the villains dad is a a nazi war criminal -esque sociopath, his mom is an Alien lifeform, That designers aren't afraid of shanking a main character, that every planet has bada** robot body guards, and that KOTR owz your soul.

-Loki-
05-04-2005, 04:38 AM
I love Final Fantasy 8. It is the first one I played and now I want to play all of them. :D This may sound superficial but I like Aisian girls more now because I played FF8. Rinoa is so hot. :D

Luc
05-04-2005, 05:03 AM
It taught me the word "slums". It taught me that powerful spells are transported in tiny multicolored balls.

I guess that. o_o

Mercen-X
05-04-2005, 05:42 AM
It made me realize that the whole world needs improving . . . and I've gotta help. I'll start by making FF7 a game that my children's children's children will never want to be stolen from them (and simultaneously destroying what about it is most "precious" to its current audience. :mad2: )

Chocobo the chosen one
05-05-2005, 07:05 AM
It taught me that people are more troubled than i am (realy i thaught i was the most troubled person on earth)

DarkLadyNyara
05-26-2005, 07:54 PM
I learnt that Sephiroth and I have been best friends for life. We have grown old together and have had many a bout of drinking beer, arguing over women and slapping each others ass. Because we are such great chums, I refer to him ever so intimately as "Sephy", and talk about him like he is actually a real person.

Any cosplay I see of Sephiroth, I immediately assume this is the real Sephiroth and those bastards at Square just stole the idea from this guy.

When people insult or say bad things about Sephy, I get very made and e-shout at them (type in full caps), and tell them what morons they are for insulting such a great man and ramming a hole open in his feelings. I value his emotions over anyone elses because, like I said, Sephy and I are best of friends.

Should we both have been gay (which we aren't, because we're such men, but if we were) we probably would've found a place where gay people can get married, then we would've got married, and either adopted children or have his seed placed in a woman so that me and him can raise a perfect child/ren.
Okay... that was just disturbing.

Stilva
05-26-2005, 09:45 PM
It got me hooked on the FF franchise, and this has taken a significant chunk out of the last 7 years of my life. And, (as a relatively naive gaming 9 year old) I learned that anyone can die on a game - I was probably one of the few people who didn't see it coming.

I also learned the most valuble lessons of all. Never trust big cats. And never expect them to hold up any kind of decent storyline- "Hi, I'm Cait Sith II"

Narruc
05-26-2005, 11:46 PM
FF7 began my obsession with artificial enhancement, cloning, bigass swords, and awesome airships.
What he said!!

Ravenmorghane
05-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I've learnt the future is scary and possibly bad - corperations running the world and subsequently killing it for money (or any other personal gain), cloning which will cause confusion and heartache for many people, and that any of your mates could die at any moment so appreciate them now!

Ooh and that we should kill those asses in power with cool swords and coloured marbles.

silentenigma
05-27-2005, 10:14 PM
The lava in the center of the earth is actually lifestream.
The Great Pyramid at Giza is a meteor summoning device.
The Planet is a living soul.
Nuclear Power Plants are killing the planet.
Earthquakes are caused by the shifting lifestream.
The Grand Canyon still has Native Americans with space observatories.
Old people can float.
Pearls can save the world.
There is life on other planets.

Lord Magician
06-08-2005, 08:23 PM
It's a stupid story, but here is how it goes.

So my friend is telling me about his favorite game of all time that is Final Fantasy 7. I did not know what the hell it was so I thought it was a piece of trash and it was stupid. So he told me about sephiroth and how great he was and that he wishes to be like him. So for no reason I was calling sephiroth gay, and I had plenty of fun calling him gay too and also running 10,000 miles per hour away from my friend since he was trying kill me (he is wayyyyyy stronger than I am) so in other words, he can crack all my bones with a finger. He was in rage. So since all games in my life are boring, I decided to buy Final Fantasy 7. And when I played it MY LIFE WAS FOREVER CHANGED!!! The story line was perfect and sephiroth WAS THE BEST!!!! Since then I never talked bad about Final Fantasy 7. Still today, Final Fantasy 7 is my most favorite game of all time!!! :D

THE END

Garnet
06-09-2005, 03:38 PM
It's a stupid story, but here is how it goes.

So my friend is telling me about his favorite game of all time that is Final Fantasy 7. I did not know what the hell it was so I thought it was a piece of trash and it was stupid. So he told me about sephiroth and how great he was and that he wishes to be like him. So for no reason I was calling sephiroth gay, and I had plenty of fun calling him gay too and also running 10,000 miles per hour away from my friend since he was trying kill me (he is wayyyyyy stronger than I am) so in other words, he can crack all my bones with a finger. He was in rage. So since all games in my life are boring, I decided to buy Final Fantasy 7. And when I played it MY LIFE WAS FOREVER CHANGED!!! The story line was perfect and sephiroth WAS THE BEST!!!! Since then I never talked bad about Final Fantasy 7. Still today, Final Fantasy 7 is my most favorite game of all time!!! :D

THE END

amen to that brother!!!

timmy64
06-12-2005, 06:25 AM
I got hooked on FF cos of it, and i learnt that the best games aren't the ones with the best lloking garphics, cos you gotta admit, they were pretty bad, but its the storyline. I also learnt there was such thing as a game that took up more than one cd.

Ravendale
06-25-2005, 10:25 PM
it made me question a lot of things, including the way we live. It started my obsessions with self-completeness if that is really a word, as well as my obsession with vampires, fallen angels, fan-fictions, final fantasy itself, and my obession with living in honour.

viet-cong111
07-06-2005, 09:10 PM
This may sound weird but it touched my heart or did it anyways i think its weird when you start again you know. Oh yeah how i got hooked i was reallllyyyyyy little and my cousin (who has complete it loads of times) said yo look at this and he showed me the ending with sephiroth and stuff i could not sleep that night i was sooooooo impressed with sephiroth and anyways i still play on it actully i am playing on it now i am trying to get ruby and emerald weapon.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvveeee

FINAL FANTASY 7 :D

KoShiatar
07-06-2005, 10:07 PM
It made me newly aware about matters like ecology, the need to fight for your rights without hurting anyone else, and most of all it made me think a lot about bioethics. I don't know if you know, but there has been a very big discussion lately in Italy about experimentation on human embryos and the like, because of a referendum (a popular vote) made to change the law that prohibites it.
Those who wanted to vote against changing tha law, talked about the risk of scientists creating a race of super-humans or something like that, and about cloning as well.
So I think I could hardly have started playing the game at a more appropriate time to make me think about such things...

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 10:15 PM
That little red people in the desert will kick your ass, and you shouldn't poke green whales.

Buccura
07-06-2005, 10:19 PM
That all you need is a certain name in a title to make it sell millions.

That little red people in the desert will kick your ass, and you shouldn't poke green whales.

Aint it the truth :fpnerd:

EFIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Winter Nights
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
How has FFVII changed your perception of life?

It hasn't. It's just a game.

Ohhh
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM
It made me realize how much our world sucks! I wanna live in a magical world with big swords and amazing airships and very sexy spiky haired dudes...

Nifleheim7
07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
It introduced me to the world of FF!That alone changes your life...And it helped me not to make quick assumptions on people.At first i took Cloud as a jerk.At the end he was my favorite v.g. character of all time!!!

Christmas
07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
It make me know that the things that you alway believe in might just be a pack of lies make up by yourself and others.

If you will excuse me, I must rush for the "REUNION". Long live great Sephiroth.....

MoonZapdos
07-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey Monkey, why do you like these threads so much? :P