PDA

View Full Version : Boss Fight-Good Outcome-Strange Journey

CaptRory
04-30-2005, 06:21 AM
This deals with the boss fight(s) surrounding Excalipur. If you don't know the sword I am referring to (and it isn't a typo) stop reading now. Spoilers will not be marked. Consider yourself warned.

After Gilgemesh was defeated and sent into banishment by X-Death I fought X-Death himself. I saved before the battle of course and rested up.

Here I should explain by typical procedure for dealing with bosses. The first fight is typically a run through, I see if I can locate any special weaknesses in the boss that I can exploit when I fight him for real. Many times I end up winning anyway but I don't have any high expectations of doing so going into the fight. My goal isn't outright victory the first time but rather to try as many things as possible before I have a TPW (Total Party Wipeout.)

So here I am fighting X-Death and he kills off my characters one by one except for my Samurai. She has armor on that absorbs ice damage and converts it to health. So X-Death reduces her to 0 health with a chain of attacks then uses Ice and heals her for 700-some. He never killed her. She whittled down his health and he kept reviving her until she killed him. He kept using the same chain of attacks which always resulted in a heal. I was amazed. He could have sneezed on her and taken her out at that point but he kept using the same chain of attacks. I won strictly through luck on that one.

It just struck me as being odd. I was exceedingly amused that he pretty much defeated himself because my skill had nothing to do with it.

Ultima Shadow
04-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Yea, I've always been annoyed by the fact that the bosses and enemies are completely random or pattern-based instead of having an intelligent AI.

Dreddz
05-07-2005, 11:05 AM
in FFX they had a good AI