PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person who liked the movie?

Seraf
04-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Seriously, I think I'm the only person on this planet who actually like the Spirits Within movie, lol. I don't care if it has nothing to do with the games, it's a good Sci-fi stand-alone movie.

Necronopticous
04-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I absolutely adored the film. Unfortunately, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within became one of those movies that is trendy to hate. At least 50% of the people who tell me they hate the movie liked it at first and then changed their mind after reading everyone else's opinion.

crono_logical
04-30-2005, 07:12 PM
I liked it too :p

Seraf
04-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Wow, this is the first time I've actually met people who liked the movie o-o

Masamuneˇ1600
04-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I've always enjoyed it.

My name is...something..?
04-30-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't care what everyone else thinks, I liked it a lot. It was a pretty good movie.

Lankyman
04-30-2005, 11:20 PM
yeah, it was great. I love the soundtrack as well, i can play the end theme. "spirit dreams inside" by l'arc en ciel on my newly aquired electric guitar.

mmmm, guitars :love:

Vyk
05-01-2005, 01:23 AM
I liked the movie as a stand-alone movie. I don't like how it was poised to represent FF as a whole and justifiably failed because it was nothing like any of the games, character wise, or plot wise or anything. So I like it. But I don't consider it a FF movie. I'll just call it "The Spirit Within"

My name is...something..?
05-01-2005, 01:35 AM
I liked the movie as a stand-alone movie. I don't like how it was poised to represent FF as a whole and justifiably failed because it was nothing like any of the games, character wise, or plot wise or anything. So I like it. But I don't consider it a FF movie. I'll just call it "The Spirit Within"

Exactly, I got pissed off when people were saying "it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy" or "it was stupid they fought with guns" and "the story didn't seem like a Final Fantasy"
I could never get anyone to understand what I was talking about. If it didn't have the words "Final Fantasy" in the title I'm pretty sure a lot more people would like it.

Raven Nox
05-01-2005, 02:32 AM
I only part I didn't like was the ending, other then that, I loved it. I just really didn't want that to happen is all...

anvil
05-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I always like the movie especially the heroin, Dr. Aki Ross.
My sister said the movie was annoying especially the ending.
I like the movie a lot!

Jpae33
05-01-2005, 05:12 AM
i never saw it until a month ago. i rented it from the library, and i couldnt stand it. it was so bad. actually, i didnt see the whole thing. after the first 10-15 mins, i started skipping through the movie. they shouldnt have done a futuristic type of movie, i hate futuristic kind of stuff. man, was it bad, but thats my opinion.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-01-2005, 05:33 AM
I went into the movie with optimism and made a conscious effort to like it all throughout, but there was no helping it.

Mittopotahis
05-01-2005, 05:51 AM
I started to like it, but getting to the end, it got quite boring and i lost my interest and started drifting off...i did watch the end bit, but the last bit I actually remember was when That guy that reminds me of Ward from VIII, you know, the big guy, got his legs decapitated . Everything after that is a blur to me!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-01-2005, 06:19 AM
"Legs decapitated." That's something.

Martyr
05-01-2005, 07:19 AM
I went into the movie with optimism and made a conscious effort to like it all throughout, but there was no helping it.

ehsteve
05-01-2005, 07:54 PM
"Legs decapitated." That's something.

It means that his legs got their heads cut off.

Buccura
05-03-2005, 10:32 PM
On its own merits I thought it was a pretty good movie. So I liked it.

disapointedchild
05-06-2005, 04:05 AM
I didnt like it, but I think it was because I had my expectations to high. I wanted summons, and atleas the battle theme in there. But, i guess as a stand alone movie, it was alright.

Zechs
05-17-2005, 04:59 AM
I liked the movie also. I thought it was worked very nicely.
But with the title header being 'Final Fantasy' I think that almost everyone had high expectaions over it, and comparing it to the games.
But it was awsome.

Vaprice
05-18-2005, 03:42 AM
I liked the moive even though it really didnt have any chocobos in it....I mean...if they had chocobos or moogles I would've loved it but it was a good movie none the less ^^

Indeed I dont understand why people dont like it that much....even though I can understand where they are coming from. But I liked it ^^

anvil
05-20-2005, 08:33 AM
No, its all about what your first thought about the movie. If you think the movie is bad, then the whole story will be boring..
Maybe the ending was bad (certain people thoughts), but its still a good movie.

Ultima Shadow
05-20-2005, 08:34 PM
It's not bad at all. But what really dissapointed me, however... was that it had absolutely nothing to do with FF. :greenie:

Miriel
05-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I didn't have high expectations going into this thing, so it's not like I was disappointed. This movie just isn't that good. I don't mean it's not good because of the lack of chocobos and whatnot, it was the characters, the interactions, the dialogue, that was substandard.

I didn't care what happened to these characters because they weren't real to me. I know that the graphics were supposed to be amazingly realistic, but they just came off as cold and sterile. Absolutely no depth whatsoever. They should've taken a few lessons from the Pixar guys before making the movie. =/

Battousai62
06-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Awesome movie, finally bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Dignified Pauper
06-08-2005, 03:57 AM
i like it, but i thought the ending was unclimatic.

Monol
06-08-2005, 04:47 AM
I loved that movie...its one of my top 10...sure the plot isnt anything to special...and the characters arent all that...but...just how it was done.... :D glad to see im not alone either :D

Samuraid
06-08-2005, 06:26 AM
It was certainly good visually. The storyline felt a bit empty...

Markus. D
06-09-2005, 07:09 AM
The movie was slow, but engaging.

i loved it.

i saw it first when it first came out, hated it (i was like 11), now im 15 i understand alot more, and i like it alot.

Yuffie514
06-09-2005, 07:41 AM
good movie and perfectly understandable. that's why i like it.

Compactfury
06-26-2005, 04:10 PM
This movie was HORRIBLE i cant believe how bad it is. it is a disgrace to the final fantasy games. The only reason probably half of us here liked it is because we play final fantasy. it was OK, but if none of us played final fantasy, think of how bad it would be compared to the other movies... see what i mean, i mean if you dont play FF then there is no reason to even try watching it. it was overall a bad movie and i really didnt like it. So i think you are the only one to like it and you are smoking something strange.

DMKA
06-26-2005, 06:49 PM
I absolutely adored the film. Unfortunately, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within became one of those movies that is trendy to hate. At least 50% of the people who tell me they hate the movie liked it at first and then changed their mind after reading everyone else's opinion.
Yep.

Loony BoB
06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=56106

Since there are multiple threads on the same thing that have been bumped over time and all. Whoop.