PDA

View Full Version : Lady Yunalesca

Sasquatch
04-30-2005, 08:21 PM
That bitch.

This most likely has some spoilers in it...

Alright, so I get to Zanarkand, get to the "Final Aeon", and Yunalesca wants to fight me because Yuna decides she doesn't want to die in vain. I got to her third form...the first two weren't really hard, but the third form confuses me a bit. She's big on status attacks--zombie, confusion, and the like. Plus, she does "mega death", which instantly kills all three of my characters. Like, BAM, they're dead. What the hell is up with that? Is it anything I can block against?

Zante
04-30-2005, 08:31 PM
You can either get some armor with deathproof/deathguard on it, or you can block megadeath with aeons. Being zombied also prevents megadeath from killing you.

Shauna
04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Don't remove Zombie! Then you can't be killed by Mega Death! :D :D

lionhearted
04-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Learn the magic: Auto-Life and cast it on your party.

rubah
04-30-2005, 11:00 PM
yuna_elena has the simplest solution.

GEnerally if you have 2 zombied people and one not, you'll be well off for her third form.

fire_of_avalon
05-01-2005, 03:20 AM
I don't think she ever cast that on me. Unusual.

But I agree. Bitch.

silent_ultima
05-01-2005, 09:39 AM
simple dude.
don't remove the zombie effect. when she uses regen on one of the zombie'd character, use dispel on that character to remove the constant hp removal.

WHen she's on her 3rd form, just let 2 character has zombie, where as the third character uses an armor that has auto-med. the trick is to know which character to switch to. but don't fret, she's one of the hardest boss in FFX (exclude the aeons). In fact i found her even harder than seymore on gagazet.

Xalioniaf
05-01-2005, 06:35 PM
I preffered to have Tidus-Yuna-Auron in my front party when I fought them. I had only one person stay as a zombie, however. Usually that was Yuna, so she could easily revive Tidus and Auron.

thekatsmeow83
05-05-2005, 11:31 PM
I have only one problem - I save on the same slot every time so I saved right before the fight! I can't get back out to go fight monsters - I'm not strong enough to not get killed right off. I also have issues trying to find Ether to get more MP . . . people keep saying to just build up a bunch BUT I'd have to go back about 8-10 hours of game time to do that! It might be worth it, but GRRRRRRR - I'm new at playing this and keep using strategy guides, but basically this is the hardest I've ever seen! The Seymour on Gagazet was CAKE comared to this horrible sadistical bitch!

rubah
05-06-2005, 01:41 AM
the only save spot is outside in the elevator area, isn't it?

It should be easy to leave. That's what I almost always do, to repower the overdrives fromt eh keeper boss right before.

Sasquatch
05-06-2005, 04:27 AM
Yeah, the Keeper was a pain in the ass too. But I don't think either of 'em were nearly as bad as Seymour was, on Gagazet.

I beat her, by the way. I think it was on my third try, just because I kept un-zombifying everybody, and when I made this thread and realized I shouldn't do that, she wasn't too hard at all. I just had everybody take a couple shots, do their thing (cycle through Yuna's Summon Overdrives, if I had any left), then my three physically strongest (Auron, Wakka, Tidus, in that order at the time) just whacked away at her. Tidus had Auto-Med on his armor, so he would always use a Holy Water when she turned him into a zombie, but the only time either of the other two weren't zombies was when they needed to be healed, so they'd use a Holy Water, then Yuna would come in and use Curaga and leave again. I didn't have to use too much magic...I can't remember if Lulu knew Flare by then, and I don't think Yuna knew Holy, so prettymuch all I needed was some curative spells and Haste/Hastaga.

Fireblade13
05-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I left all my guys zombied and reflect on so that all she could due was heal herself, use HelLBITER or that weak attack of hers that looks like dispel.

aneia
05-06-2005, 06:05 PM
well, i'm also at that point, and i have problems with it, the way ui got strong was that i gave my memory card to one of my friends and he made to where i had 99 of everything and so that really helped. and i use auron, khimari and tidus. it kinda works and also he got all my aeons early and whenever i try to summon the magus sisters, it freezes up on me!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............................ i hate that!

Pouring Rain
05-07-2005, 01:46 AM
I had Yuna, Wakka, Tidus, Auron, and Aeons. You can go all the way to the Thunder Plains. I was fighting Yunalesca about 3 months ago. Never get rid of Zombie unless you really need healing. Like when my Tidus started with 3900 hp and ended up with 15 hp left. Anyway, use aeons when she has like 30,000 hp for the overkill. it totally rocks.

Sasquatch
05-08-2005, 07:36 AM
I'd like to welcome all of you who just joined us from another thread concerning Yunalesca. This thread is already in progress.

I guess the main thing is, don't take Zombie off everybody. After you figure that out, it gets much easier.

Dreddz
05-08-2005, 10:32 AM
she never confused me ?

rubah
05-08-2005, 08:37 PM
whenever i try to summon the magus sisters, it freezes up on me!!

maybe teh game doesn't like you having hte magus sisters before it's supposed to be even possible.

Pouring Rain
05-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Don't I have a thread called Yunalesca, anyone? Check that out too.

rubah
05-11-2005, 01:56 AM
You appear to have a thread on yojimbo. wewt.

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 12:20 AM
yes. that too. look on other pages.if you still can't find it, look on my profile where it says threads user created and you'll find it.

Necronopticous
05-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Yunalesca is hot

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Um, we all talkin bout the same person here?

rubah
05-14-2005, 03:05 AM
If we have to use a search to find a thread, it's not worth posting in, as it's obviously too old:)

and as for yunalesca being hot, let's just attribute it to her nearly nakednessxD

thekatsmeow83
05-21-2005, 06:26 PM
I finally beat her! All I did was build up till I got Holy, gave Yuna "deathproof" and "zombieproof." Used less than 5 ethers, 1 megapheonix, 2 pheonix downs, Bahmut i made a boo boo and used too early so didn't really even use him! It was great. Took less than 10 minutes, when getting stomped by Yunalesca took over 30 min!! YAY FOR ME THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ALL

Pouring Rain
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Your welcome.