PDA

View Full Version : Spell FX question

DJZen
04-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm playing on my PS2, and I've noticed that spells and skills only seem to have special effects when I'm NOT in battle. Is this universally true for PS2 owners? What about PC owners? Or am I just missing some ridiculously obvious way to turn them on?

UltimateSpamGrover
05-05-2005, 03:40 AM
All spells or just some of them?

TheAbominatrix
05-05-2005, 03:46 AM
It works in battle for me (PC), though sometimes they get buggy, like effects staying well after the spell is over, sound stuck, etc.

DJZen
05-05-2005, 05:10 AM
ALL spells and skills. The effect just doesn't display. Like, my WAR will voke and do the Jesus pose, but the glowey effect won't happen unless I'm not engaged in a battle.

Roogle
05-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Do you have graphics filters turned on?

DJZen
05-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Not that I'm aware of... Everything is set to display in battle as far as I know.

ADDENDUM------

ASDFKHASLJDHFLSADFHJSLDJFHSGJKFSDSDLKFJOMGI'MGONNA DIE OF LAUGHTER!!!! The battle effects need to be set to OFF and not ON! Some genius at Square-Enix decided not to mention that the settings are FILTERS. Turning them on DISABLES the effect, and they're set on by default! God, whoda thought? Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for not immediately flaming me to death :D