PDA

View Full Version : what to do when your cartridge dies?

Fire_Emblem776
04-30-2005, 10:24 PM
:cry: Well any one know? I didnt track down FF2,3 crono, mana, just so that my file wont save. How can a battery be replaced any one? And what type of screw driver is needed, what battriesis needed, and instruciions to noe blow it..

rubah
05-01-2005, 12:37 AM
I would say the screwdriver would be of the type that it looks like it needs.

Actually, the best thing to do would be to play them all the way through without saving ever:D

That would be hardcore.

Vyk
05-01-2005, 01:00 AM
I think they require a special screw driver. And some batteries are soldered onto the board in the game. If you're okay with those two requirements, you just find what you need, and have at it. Though I've heard there are some specialty stores that are willing to help. Talk to your local EB/Game Sop/Game Crazy/etc. I would imagine they'd have suggestions. Some jewelry stores (ones that have watches especially) are willing to help as well. Maybe talk to some of them.

Meat Puppet
05-01-2005, 04:56 AM
put them a heated fry pan with some butter

Mo-Nercy
05-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Blow in the cartridge. Blow in the slot. Maybe even hit it.

I wonder who invented the old 'blow in the cartridge' trick...

Del Murder
05-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I wonder that myself.

theundeadhero
05-01-2005, 09:20 AM
I never understood this "My battery doesn't work anymore" Crazyness. I have never had that problem with any game and my NES Zelda cartridge is 17 years old.

Vyk
05-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I think it has to do with the frequency of their play. Though I'm not sure if it's because they're played frequently, or barely ever touched. I would assume barely touched would kill the battery. Seeing as sticking it in a machine and flipping on the juice should charge it a bit. Who knows. I do know however there are guides online for replacing a battery.

Meat Puppet
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
can someone make a dirty joke out of this?