PDA

View Full Version : FF on OLDSKOOL gameboy!

Nod
04-30-2005, 11:57 PM
My favourite all-time gameboy game was called 'the final fantasy legend', it was made by square-enix and was an awesome role-playing game!

I was just wondering if anyone else has played on this game which involves going up the tower to different worlds, gaining experience etc......

Have you played it?
Discuss!!!!!!
:D

TasteyPies
05-01-2005, 12:41 AM
I think I remember playing the rom a while back, nothing jumped out at me as appealing though.

Masamune·1600
05-01-2005, 01:56 AM
It's not actually Final Fantasy, at least not beyond the title. Final Fantasy Legend was the name given to Makaitoushi SaGa, the first SaGa game, in the United States. Also, Final Fantasy Legend II and Final Fantasy Legend III, also released on Game Boy, were actually SaGa 2 and SaGa 3.

Raven Nox
05-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Though I've owned these weren;t really FFs for a long time, I got the 2nd one before I knew and found out later. It's ok... it's not great, it's not bad...

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-01-2005, 04:32 AM
I played Legend 1 and it annoyed me because of how you increased in level and how your weapons constantly died on you after 50 uses and how the story was kind of nonexistent. I hear Legend 3 is actually pretty good though.

Del Murder
05-01-2005, 08:20 AM
I love these games and I like part 2 the best. Mask is great.

theundeadhero
05-01-2005, 08:36 AM
I have all 3 legends and adventure. They're actually made by Hudson Soft but they used the FF name because they felt they wouldn't sell on their own. FF Adventure is the first game in the Secret of Mana series.

Del is right, FF Legend II is the best.

Rase
05-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Only played FF Legend I, and I wasn't really into it.

DJZen
05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
They're actually made by Hudson Soft but they used the FF name because they felt they wouldn't sell on their own.

Wow, Hudson Soft made that game? Someone should really tell them about it because... uhh....

http://warmech.net/ffl1/ffl1_instructions.jpg

....Yeah...

So as I was saying, Hudson had nothing to do with the game.

DocFrance
05-02-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't trust him. DJZen has mad photoshop skillz.

Lord Chainsaw
05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
I'll say it before and I'll say it again: Final Fantasy Legend I and II are both some of the finest RPGs you'll find anywhere.

Most would consider Final Fantasy Legend 2 to be the best. This is largely due to the fact that Final Fantasy Legend 2 is a much, much easier game to follow than Legend 1. While both these games are the absolute pinnacle of handheld gaming, I'll have to disagree and say that not only is Final Fantasy Legend the better of the two, but it is one of the best games ever made, period.

Some may complain about the story in Final Fantasy Legend 1. My suggestion if that is the case is to just stick with the game. The point of the game is that adventuring is such a grueling and relentless task. You're going to be met with difficult tasks that test every bone in your body. You're going to have to solve character riddles and perform fetch quests. That's the entire point of the game. If I'm not mistaken, the prologue says that there's a Tower to Paradise that many adventurers have tried to climb, yet none have reached the summit. If you can stick with it, and reach those final 5 minutes, then everything will fall into place and you will see why this game is truly a work of art.

It's amazing that such a masterpiece was produced over 15 years ago. This game has the best story I've ever seen in a game bar one, and you'll be pondering the incredible finale in your head long after you've laid waste to the final boss with the glass sword (or the chainsaw, really, it's your option)

I'd also like to point out the FFLegend series has wonderful, wonderful music. Dreadful Fight (FFL2 Boss music), Save the World (FFL2 Final Battle), Spiritual Battle (FFL3 Final Battle), and of course, my absolute favorite, the Last Battle of FFL1, are all some of the best tracks that have ever come out of Square.

If you want to hear my favorite track from all of the series, as well as one of my favorite final battle tracks of all time, then I point you in the direction of the last battle of Final Fantasy Legend 1.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/fflcreat.mid

And last but not least, the ratings from yours truly:

Final Fantasy Legend: 10/10
Final Fantasy Legend 2: 9.25/10
Final Fantasy Legend 3: 8/10

DJZen
05-03-2005, 02:11 AM
I don't trust him. DJZen has mad photoshop skillz.

LOL

Thanks, but this image is hosted on Warmech's site. I generally attach my photoshopperies. Linking them requires me to eat up my own web space. Also, before anyone says it....

http://warmech.net/ffl1/ffl1r-boxfront.jpg

...It was Sunsoft that did the re-release, not Hudson.

Lord Chainsaw
05-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Yes, but the fact doesn't change that Square made the game.

DJZen
05-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Which is what I said in the first place :P