PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Final Fantasy Remakes?!

Seto Fett
05-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Awhile back, I was looking at some old Playstation magazines, in which there was an article about Square's upcoming projects. One listed remakes of Final Fantasy VII-IX. Why have we heard nothing about this? Did Square scrap the project or what? By the way, this was official, it wasn't in the rumors or anything.

Vyk
05-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I heard the same thing, especially regarding FF7. At first I heard they were going to remake it to get ready for Advent Children. Then I heard it was just going to be a simple port. Now the news of anything has dropped off the radar, while everything else is practically on fire. I don't get it either.

Necron
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I also heard that, but i never heard anything about remaking FFIX. I thought i saw it say they were remaking FFVII.
Then i saw about the Dirge of Cerberus, and i thought that that might have been what they were meaning.

DJZen
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Square was planning on remaking FFVII-IX for the PS2 AT ONE POINT. They have CANCELLED these plans. FFVII-IX are NOT coming out for PS2. They figured it would be more trouble than it was worth.

Shoden
05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
depending on how much money AC, BC, CC, DC bring in we might still be in for remakes its all about money

ShivaBlizzard8
05-02-2005, 04:42 PM
I agree its possible in the future, but the original announcement was scrapped long ago. I believe the company quote was "put on hold indefinately." I also heard more recently that Square said they weren't planning on remaking anything that could be played on a current system. Meaning, as long as the old FF7-FF9 games work perfectly fine on your PS2, then you probabaly won't see remakes.

Destai
05-02-2005, 04:57 PM
You see they were planning all those things but then they realised how uber cool it would be if there was a Final Fantasy movie! It flopped.

Vyk
05-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Well if they would have actually made a Final Fantasy movie. >_>; Not just some Sci-Fi movie and slapped it with an FF title. I can see why they'd want to kick Sakaguchi out the door. Dunno what the heck he was smoking. The movie he made he should have took to Hollywood. Instead of putting his company on the line. Hopefully AC proves that FF movies can work. Not necissarily that they have to be related to a particular game. Just... they have to be Final Fantasy...esque.