PDA

View Full Version : Auto update emailer

Erdrick Holmes
05-01-2005, 03:30 AM
I wanna know how to write a code for a site where people can put on their email address and get email automatically wach time the site gets updated. Any ideas on how to write one of those.... clout? :cookie:

TasteyPies
05-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Why not send clout a PM? :D

As for me, you might as well be speaking germanese.

Shoeberto
05-01-2005, 05:15 AM
It would be difficult to write one to send them an e-mail everytime the site was updated. The more practical approach would be to have a mailing list that they can sign up for and you send them an e-mail manually each time the site is updated. There are many places online that have free mailing list scripts that you could find with Google.

crono_logical
05-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I haven't done that sort of stuff, I'd expect face or Samuraid to know more about this than me :p

Samuraid
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Is your site database driven, or html, or both?

Erdrick Holmes
05-01-2005, 11:24 PM
It's not mine. It's for a friend. His website is run from his own computer, his site is built on PHP, php reads directory structures, builds pages.

Samuraid
05-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Since his site is built in PHP, have him check out the PHP <a href="http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php" target="_blank">mail()</a> function as he could use it to easily send e-mails to anyone on a list whenever something on the site is updated.

I wish I could give more assistance than this, but I'm not sure what would be the best thing to do without seeing exactly how the site runs.