PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the Origins Version of Final Fantasy I

KentaRawr!
05-01-2005, 04:48 AM
Hello there! ^_^ I am gonna ask a bunch of questions...and I want them answered IMMEDIATLY!!! (Inside joke)

Who is your daddy, and what does he do? Actually not. >_> The real questions shall be asked...Now!

First Question: When I select Normal Mode, it says that Normal Mode is the Original Difficulty from the first version of the Game. Is this true?

Second Question: Will I actually have to Level Up and prepare for Bosses unlike the Dawn of Souls version? o.o

Third Question: Should I switch Auto Target off?

Fourth Question: In the Collections Section, there are 2 spaces and the only text there is "????". Of course, that means I have to unlock them. But, what are they? o.o By the way, there are 4 spaces in all. The other two are the Bestiary and the Artwork. ^_^

STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!

Ahem...

Thanks! ^_^

Edit: I added Question Four.

Venom65437
05-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Definitely don't switch auto target off, you'll hate it, I assure you.

You do need to be at proper levels to even reach the bosses, much less beat them.

And I believe normal is as hard as the original, but I forget...

Black Mage FF1
05-01-2005, 05:02 AM
Hello there! ^_^ I am gonna ask a bunch of questions...and I want them answered IMMEDIATLY!!! (Inside joke)

Who is your daddy, and what does he do? Actually not. >_> The real questions shall be asked...Now!

First Question: When I select Normal Mode, it says that Normal Mode is the Original Difficulty from the first version of the Game. Is this true?

Second Question: Will I actually have to Level Up and prepare for Bosses unlike the Dawn of Souls version? o.o

Third Question: Should I switch Auto Target off?

STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!

Ahem...

Thanks! ^_^

1) No the orignal is a lot harder. If you want it to be like the Original then play on normal mode with all the new helpfull additions turned off. This means no dashing/auto target/casting life in battle.

2) No really. As long as you have a good party there is no need to waste so much time overleveling. Just make sure you have at least 1 Warrior and 1 Red Mage. The other 2 can be whatever you want. I suggest a Thief and a Black Belt.

3) If you want a challenge yes, if not then no.

KentaRawr!
05-01-2005, 05:18 AM
O_O No Auto Target, no Dashing, and No Reviving during battle make it that much harder? o.o

Well I understand the Auto Target and Reviving, but I don't understand why the Dashing makes it easier...oh well... >_<

What about the fourth question though? (I edited my post to add it...sorry about me being a bit late. >_<)

theundeadhero
05-01-2005, 09:33 AM
First Question: When I select Normal Mode, it says that Normal Mode is the Original Difficulty from the first version of the Game. Is this true?Along with Black Mage FF1's answer you also have remember that their was no item screen in the original to store all your extra stuff. If you couldn't carry it in your weapon and armor screen, you left it. Also made it much harder using the "usable items" in battle.

Second Question: Will I actually have to Level Up and prepare for Bosses unlike the Dawn of Souls version? o.oThe only one you should really be worried about is Lich. If Nuke gets cast, your gonna be hurting.

Third Question: Should I switch Auto Target off?Depends on if you want the original feel of the game. With it off, if you tell everyone to attack the same monster and the first one kills it, the rest have wasted their turn. I prefer it because I'm an old NEs junky who still plays NES FFI.

DJZen
05-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Dashing doesn't make the game any easier, it just makes it faster. You'll still encounter just as many enemies, you'll still take just as much damage from ice/lava/poison, and there's nothing that you're required to make good time on, so it really has no bearing. It just makes long dungeons less time consuming.

KoShiatar
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I tried both version but Origins, even with the new options switched off, seems a lot easier to me. But maybe it was just because I now know what to do and where to go...So go ahead without worrying. ;)
As for the extras, I'll tell you as soon as I unlock some.

KentaRawr!
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
I found out that one of them is The Key Item Menu. ^_^ I bet the fourth is a Sound Track, but I will have to beat FF1 to find out...

Or WereCanary if she beats the game before me... >_> Which she will, i'm sure... I am about to Fight Astos

o_o I am going off-topic again...

Okay, um... A Fifth Question! Can someone explain to me The Whole Time Loop thing? The one Garland made?

(Note: I beat the DoS Version first)

DJZen
05-02-2005, 12:05 AM
NOBODY can explain the time loop.

Okay, so you beat Garland at the beginning of the game. He then gets sent back in time where he sends the 4 Chaos guardians (fiends to you old school heads) into the present. The 4 Chaos guardians then steal the power of the crystals and send it back in time to Garland who feeds off of it to become stronger and become Chaos. Some people think there's more to it than that, but it there is, it's not very well explained.

KentaRawr!
05-02-2005, 04:43 AM
I still don't get it...

Okay let's see...

I wrote for 30 minutes on something, but it still made no sense... >_<

Edit: Now I get it!! It all makes sense!! ^_^ But 2 questions remain...

How did he live for 2000 years? And what sent him back in time? The Four Fiends couldn't have done that because they were in the past. Garland was not written into history yet.

theundeadhero
05-02-2005, 05:35 AM
That's why it doesn't make any sense.

DJZen
05-02-2005, 06:24 AM
The 4 fiends sent him back because they were in the present, he sent them to the present when he was in the past.

KentaRawr!
05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
But...

How could they be in the Present if to be in the Present, they would have to send Garland back in time from the Present, so that Garland would send them into the present? Or in a more understandable way...

They would have to be in the Present to send Garland into the past, but to be in the Present, Garland would have to be in the Past to send them into the Present.

O_o

theundeadhero
05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
That's why it doesn't make any sense.

DJZen
05-04-2005, 08:30 PM
This is why it's a time LOOP. Just watch Back To The Future, it'll TOTALLY make sense.

Jakkko
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
The time loop thing:
Garland was killed by you but was sent back in timeso that he could live again, but the fiends are alive in the Present AND the future, because there like monsters lol. Soooo the monsters are been sent forward in time over and over again so they stay 2000 younger and stronger i think......orrrrr thats what i think.......how complicated is this game.......

Dignified Pauper
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM

That's from the Arnold Schwarzeneger Sound Boards.... Not so inside.

Anywyas, yes, go normal mode, it's quite hard, as hard as the original.

Auto-Target, if you liked the NES version, rocks... me, i hate it. If FF were real life, would you attack an already dead monster, heck no.

as far as the ??s... I have no idea.

theundeadhero
05-05-2005, 04:30 AM
If this were real life would you go save a fairy so you could breath underwater and then find the long lost slab that lets you translate a mysterious language, which you then learn instantly upon showing to a Dr?

DJZen
05-05-2005, 05:16 AM
Battles are not litteral. In ATB battles your characters just stand around like idiots until someone's turn comes up. In CTB you stand there indefinitely. In FFI, characters attack in sequence and try to hit dead monsters. If this were real life NONE of the aforementioned would ever happen. No one complains about the later games though, wonder why ;P

KoShiatar
05-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I've now been able to rip all of the hidden images. I know, I'm spoiling the game for myself, but I needed them for my thesis and I couldn't wait to finish the game because I'm in a hurry! A good bunch of art. :)