PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Bahamut

Mittopotahis
05-01-2005, 05:29 AM
I am just versing Bahamut, but no matter how many times i try, I cant seem to beat him. He always kills me with his Mega Flare. I am using Squall, Rinoa and Quistis, as they are my strongest people. I have all of their best weapons and they are all at Level 100. I'm not gonna name all the GF's I have, but I will say i don't have Bahamut, Eden, (Obviously) Tonberry King, or Doomtrain. I have all the others. Can someone please give me advice or tactics or info about him or something please!

Thanks!

rubah
05-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Normally I'd say 'go devour stuff' but if you dont' have eden yet. .. xD

ALTHOUGH, you can teach it to one of your GFs if you have a hungry cookpot. You can get those by angelo searching (hit a turtapod enough to put it in its shell, then cast confuse with rinoa in your party and wait) You might be able to refine a shaman stone, but I'm not sure how to get those outside of refining them, maybe you get dark matter and use tool refine? Dark matters can be refined from curse spikes-- collect a lot of tri-point and tri-face cards to refine them, or fight the actual tri-face monsters on the island closest to heaven.

I'd say that if you have a game save before you levelled to 100, use that.

There is NO USE in levelling before you get bahamut. It's just. . . stupid, really:)

that being said, you might try to figure out a way to get auto-shell, since it seems to me that mega flare would be magic based, I think 100 marlboro tentacles makes a glow curtain, which is auto-shell? or it could be any other number of things-_-

best choice is finding a non-level 100 save state, honestly.
or asking someone that knows more about bahamut:)

Mo-Nercy
05-01-2005, 06:08 AM
You have Lion Heart, so I don't see any major problem. Give Rinoa or Quistis Initiative ability learnt from Pandamona so they'll get first turn, then cast Aura on Squall. If you come into the battle with Squall already on critical (yellow) health, then there will be more chance him using Lion Heart, especially with the Aura.

If you don't like that or you're one of those people who like to beat things the "honourable" way. Cast Meltdown (since you don't have Doomtrain) straight away with the help of Initiative. Cast Triple/Summon Cerberus and give everyone a dose of Protect and Shell. Then Aura around and beat down Bahamut with limits. If your Quistis has Mighty Guard, all the better. If Rinoa has Invincible Moon, sweet. And Renzokuken should own him within a few turns. Have Recover and Revive (learnt from Leviathan and Alexander) ready to go just in case.

Once again, I fail to see the problem with this. I mean, if you can beat Ruby Dragons on Level 100 just to get up to Bahamut, he should be a pushover.

Mittopotahis
05-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Once again, I fail to see the problem with this. I mean, if you can beat Ruby Dragons on Level 100 just to get up to Bahamut, he should be a pushover.
Umm...thats when Degenerator comes in handy!

Thanks guys! I will try again! I will tell you my results when i am done!

EDIT: Ok, that was another failed attempt, but I think I went much better!

I cast shell on everyone, I forgot about protect. and I also used Aura alot, which comes to my first problem:

Problem 1. I never get the Good Limit Breaks! I usually seem to get Fated Circle with Squall, and Angelo Cannon with Rinoa (I don't have Invincible Moon, Wishing Star is my best one! but I didn't get that once. I did get Lion Heart once, so that was ok i guess!)

Oh, I dont have another save file, just this one!

Problem 2. Near the end, when Squall was my only character left ( I was just going to use Full-Life on Rinoa) He used stop on me! He then attacked me for a bit, and I got out, which then he Stopped me again before I even got to go! The only thing i can think of would be Junctionung 100 Stop to my Stat. Defence, but i dont have that much...
Thanks for your help again!

tsmike
05-01-2005, 10:50 AM
simple really

just cast meltdown on Bahamut
then cast aura on squall- then if your lucky you will use the lionheart and finish bahamut. Keep casting aura on Squall until you do the lionheart.

tranvanhieu
05-01-2005, 12:10 PM
You can target "Bahamut" with "Slow".Junction 100 Slows to your Status attack or cast Slow directly.Then cast Protect ,Haste,Shell on your party.With Shell and high HP,"Maga Flare" can't kill the whole party."cause he's inflicted with "Slow",You'll have time to restore your health before his next attack.
I think 'cause your LV is too high--->Bahamut's lv too high too,that's why you find it hard beating him.You should finish him as fast as possible by using "Limit Break",do you have "Aura"?
After you get Bahamut,go to airship cabin,talk to everyone there,then have Zell in your party and go back to Bahamut's place,climb down the hole there,you'll have a game with "slot",just chose the least number of them and you 'll go to the bottom.Now it's time to fight "Ultima Weapon",Draw"Eden" from him.But I warn you ,he's stronger than Bahamut.so be well-prepared!
I'll tell you more another time and about "Doomtrain" also

Mittopotahis
05-02-2005, 01:25 AM
You can target "Bahamut" with "Slow".Junction 100 Slows to your Status attack or cast Slow directly.Then cast Protect ,Haste,Shell on your party.With Shell and high HP,"Maga Flare" can't kill the whole party."cause he's inflicted with "Slow",You'll have time to restore your health before his next attack.
I think 'cause your LV is too high--->Bahamut's lv too high too,that's why you find it hard beating him.You should finish him as fast as possible by using "Limit Break",do you have "Aura"?
After you get Bahamut,go to airship cabin,talk to everyone there,then have Zell in your party and go back to Bahamut's place,climb down the hole there,you'll have a game with "slot",just chose the least number of them and you 'll go to the bottom.Now it's time to fight "Ultima Weapon",Draw"Eden" from him.But I warn you ,he's stronger than Bahamut.so be well-prepared!
I'll tell you more another time and about "Doomtrain" also

Hahahahaha I'm sorry but that just cracked me up! I could imagine Dr. Evil saying that with his little finger things!

Ok thanks everyone again! I will try again, but not now, a bit later...When I am in the mood!

redxiiii
05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Where do you fight Bahumut?

Kami
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM
at the science research center thingy. it's near the bottom left corner of the map.

Seto Fett
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't see why you're having such problems with those stats and GFs. I just cast protect and shell, and blinded Bahamut. If you blind him, you only need to worry about the Mega Flare. Maybe that's your problem...how much HP does your people have?

MushroomZOMBIE
05-02-2005, 10:46 PM
If HP's the problem,Junction either Ultima or Full Life on it (but since you mentioned about using the Full-Life,It's better if you Junction Ultima...)Another good magic is Meteor........Having that you haven't Juncitoned it already........Myabe Junctioning to your Speed will help,too.

Seto Fett
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
It helps to have the uber cool Recover command. Perhaps the Revive command as well.

Mittopotahis
05-05-2005, 08:02 AM
I beat him guys! Thank you so much everyone! Phoenix came in twice near the start, when i hadm't shelled yet, I got Wishing Star out once, I was preety happy about that. I eventually finished him off with 2 Lionheart's in a row! Yay! I beat him.

Well, before I go down, I might need to train Zell up a bit, because I have kinda neglected him, he is on Level 25, and he will be slughtered with my other people at Level 100...Then I will go down. Any tips for him?

Seto Fett
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Go to the island closest to hell or heaven and do the Quistis Degenator limit break. He'll be like 50 in a half an hour lol.

tranvanhieu
05-06-2005, 04:19 AM
You don't really need to train Zell,since at the bottom of "DRC"
there is one save point(use "Hide-Find" ability (I wonder if i remember the name)to see it).You can switch character there and if Zell too weak,laeve him out of the party.But Zell is an excellent fighter,it's worth to pay time to strengthen him

DocFrance
05-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Well, see, here's your problem: you're at level 100. Unlike other games, this game penalizes you for leveling up by increasing the levels of the monsters you fight. So it would be much easier for you to start over and try again with low levels (~20) and really good junctions. The stat boosts you get from levelling aren't all that helpful, anyway.

Mercen-X
05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Good point.