PDA

View Full Version : CCleaner(The best program ever created)

Seraf
05-01-2005, 06:49 AM
I was searching around the net to find a way to remove my friends Trojan he has on his HDD that won't delete when I ran across a very interesting piece of software. At first I was like "Oh this is kind of cool, it cleans up some files on your Hard Drive.", but after I actually downloaded and installed this software and I ran it..it turned out that the most exciting thing to happen to my PC in years had happened. More than 13 GB's of my HardDrive was free! I went from having 13 GB's of free HD space to having 25.7 GB's of free space!

www.ccleaner.com (Homepage link)

Here is what this software does:

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free. :)

Cleans the following:

* Internet Explorer
Temporary files, URL history, cookies, index.dat.
* Firefox
Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
* Windows
Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
* Registry cleaner
Advanced cleaner to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
* Third-party applications
Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
* 100% Spyware FREE
This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

Ko Ko
05-01-2005, 06:54 AM
There's easier ways to remove trojan. *sighs*

theundeadhero
05-01-2005, 06:55 AM
I don't ever want Spartacus to leave me :(

Seraf
05-01-2005, 06:55 AM
I know but still, I have 13 extra GB's! lol That's all I'm excited about : P

theundeadhero
05-01-2005, 07:09 AM
The thing I'm worried about is what else it could possibly do or the chance it deletes some things you need. Theres really no way to tell until you try it.

Seraf
05-01-2005, 07:15 AM
My PC seems to be running perfectly fine o .o nothing is exploding, missing(That I can tell) or dying, lol.

DMKA
05-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Hmm, I'm tempted to try it just for the sake of trying it, even though my comp runs flawlessly and I have more hard drive space than I know what to do with.

Yamaneko
05-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Wow, you must have had a lot of temp files on your computer.

Rainecloud
05-01-2005, 08:10 AM
The install program doesn't work for me.

I click "Install" on the final screen, and nothing happens.