PDA

View Full Version : Least favourite card game rule

tsmike
05-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Which is everyone's least favourite card rule.

Mine has to be : The 'Random' Rule

Mike

Destai
05-01-2005, 12:35 PM
The rule that picks your card for you. God that was irritating. I think its the random rule.

BG-57
05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Random.

Also 'Same' and 'Plus' are pretty bad IMHO.

TasteyPies
05-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I hate every rule that is not balamb

Shadow Bahamut
05-01-2005, 04:04 PM
The "random" rule was the most annoying rule ever...it would never pick my good cards, and i'd end up losing.... :mad2:

Necron
05-01-2005, 05:28 PM
I hated the Random Rule, especially when you need to give Rinoa's dad (i think it's her dad) the ifrit card, It never comes up!!!

DMKA
05-01-2005, 06:34 PM
I hate every rule that is not balamb

Del Murder
05-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Random is bad, but not having Open is worse.

rubah
05-01-2005, 07:49 PM
unless you have random.

Random + Open is just miserable:/ unless you have plus AND same.

take my plight-- in centra, I was stupid and added the open rule, and was stupid and abolished plus.

Now when I try to play with edea it's all I can do to tie her withouth getting rid of all my cards (which I don't want to do really)

in the previous game, at least I could try to use some plussage. Same is really a very horrible rule, you know?

but random is more or less just totally evil.

I'd say one of my favorites is sudden death though. saves time rechallenging.

Kamrusepas
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Same and Plus, 'cause they require maths if you wanna get anything out of them, and I simply suck at maths.

My name is...something..?
05-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Random, but I abolished that rule in my game. Nowhere in the world in my game will you find the random rule by the end of the game.

So, my least favorite at the end of the game would have to be not having open.

tranvanhieu
05-02-2005, 04:16 AM
You can throw "Random" rule by refining all your weak card!
I don'y hate "Random' at all since all my cards are powerful (Level 6 and higher)

Xaven
05-02-2005, 04:43 AM
It makes me happy to read your posts, Tranvanhieu. Don't know why but it does. :)

Anyway, I love every rule EXCEPT Random. Like T said, just refine all of your weaker cards and Random won't bug you as much, but it's still not pleasant.

Mittopotahis
05-02-2005, 05:26 AM
Yep, Random is a killer, i agree, same with not having open...

I really don't like Difference and All trade rules...Losing one card is bad enough, but all of them...

I personally love the plus/same rules!...Except against some people like the Queen of Cards who picks out every single thing and uses it against you...

Levian
05-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Sure, Random takes the cake, but I don't really like "combo". I don't know how it works, and hate how everything can change just by playing one lousy card.

tranvanhieu
05-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Hey,Xaven you didn't laugh because of my grammar mistake,did you????
Any way,I'm happy too when I can make other happy. ^_^
Oh and about "Trade rule",I love "All" very much!
It's a super quick way to get cards for refining items.Of course i'm not stupid to play with high-level players.I only play with "All" rule with normal players.Very easy to win all 5 cards if you have the trongest cards.If the rule doesn't consist "Combo/Plus",I'm sure you'll win.
Why don't you try! I bet you will like this rule!

Sepho
05-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Having Random in conjunction with few other rules = frustration to the max. Same and Plus [Wall] don't bother me, because I know how to use them, and I've won many a game with a crappy random-picked deck by utilizing Same and Plus to my advantage.

I'm usually lucky enough to abolish the Random rule from the Esthar region after a few hands with either Piet or Ellone.

Mo-Nercy
05-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Open. God damn hate that rule. :D

Zellaw
05-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Random for sure. When Im trying to get the boss cards with the random rule and I get all these low level cards. Ergh!

Skyblade
05-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Undoubtedly random, since it almost always gives me a single level nine card and four level one cards. The only good side effect it has is that it often pulls rare cards up for the enemy (which is really helpful if you need to get a rare card from a certain person, but they almost never play it), but since you usually get junk for your own hand, it's hard to win that rare card. So far, I've abolished random from everywhere except Centra and outer space. I hate that rule. The rest can be solved with simple mathematics, so I don't mind them. "All" is the best trade rule, and "Direct" is the worst.

-Loki-
05-04-2005, 04:17 AM
I really hate the random rule too because I like to keep all kinds of cards but I only like to play with my good ones. :D I just don't play cards with people who use the random rule.