PDA

View Full Version : Do you enjoy where you work?

Halifax Housewife
05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I do, with the exception of one employee who likes to give me a hard time (she's an old crank) but otherwise, Lawton's Drug Store is an awesome place to work. I get good pay and good hours for a part timer.

Loony BoB
05-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I work full time at Computacenter. It's great so long as I have enough work to do. I don't like sitting around doing nothing. But no, the people are great and I'm great at what I do, they're offering me promotions etc. so I can't complain at all. Pay is pretty good, too, although it could be better - but that's what that promotion opportunity is there for.

Chris
05-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm currently not working, although that's 'bout to change really soon.

Shlup
05-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I enjoy getting paid by the government to go to school, yes. It's much better than going crazy trying to get good grades and earn money on the side.

KuRt
05-01-2005, 03:22 PM
I was the last week at job (a school thing) and i can tell tou it sucked

fire_of_avalon
05-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Sometimes. I'm about to have two jobs, so I'll tell you how that goes.

Meat Puppet
05-01-2005, 04:10 PM
I cry myself to sleep because of them(both). :(

Jojee
05-01-2005, 05:06 PM
No, but I enjoy the money... :love:

Sphere
05-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Cons:

I don't get paid
7 hour shift
Horrible staff members
Low productivity
Occasional detention

Yes.. It's school :cry:

^_^ But on the other hand, I get to be with friends and learn (yay... how fun *extreme sarcasm*)

Vyk
05-01-2005, 05:20 PM
I work in an animal shelter. A no-kill shelter. There's a lot of love in the air. People get stressed about stupid people/customers/owners, but generally it's a pretty awesome place to work. I'll miss it when I leave :/

FF freak
05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
You aristocrats.....with your jobs and crap.

*Stares at applicantions and sighs*

Leeza
05-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I like where I work and being casual I get to do a variety of jobs so it's never boring because I'm never too long in one spot, except for Payroll where it's usually a block for around 6 weeks. I do everything from being a Kitchen Helper to Accounts Payables, Receivables and Payroll and most of the people I work with are all pretty good.

boris no no
05-01-2005, 05:49 PM
i like most the people i work with.i get stressed alot as i'm on the help and info desk so i always get the annoying people rant at me :-/

today was awful. we were short staffed in the garden centre (i work in a DIY shop) so i was calling people all the time :-/ there were people waiting for like 15mins plus at a time. they kept bitching at me. not my bloody fault
:-/

DMKA
05-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I get so many thousands of bucks every semester from the government...does that count as a job?

Strider
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, it's all good where I work.

faster skating penguin
05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I go to school. I hate my school. We learn nothing usefull, the people are morons, the teachers are dicks. I suppose the only pro is making fun of the fucktards, but ...

Jess
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I had a job, but I quit it because I hated my boss. [He attacked a girl who I worked with]. So now I just get paid for doing things for my parents, which they prefer anyway as I'm still at school :tongue:

Kamiko
05-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Um... yes...? I dunno, work is boring and I don't like boring places soo... yeah...

Shauna
05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
I don't work, I'm still at school! :D

Ko Ko
05-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Iri wa Iri da ne....

Well, I work as a translator part time, translating from three seperate languages. It's OKAY. Alot of my clients have a tendency to try and hit on me and it makes me uncomfortable.

Otherwise, I'm in Animator training.

ViVincent
05-02-2005, 04:21 AM
I enjoy my job im a Chef aka Biologoical Food Terrorist aka fry cook *cries* Its pretty easy and the boss is nice, so ill stick round till im off to College !

Sephex
05-02-2005, 04:25 AM
No.

Dingo Jellybean
05-02-2005, 04:31 AM
I actually do. It's the people who make the place better.

I prefer to stock things rather than be a cashier though, so I'm usually excited when they tell me to stock things.

Martyr
05-02-2005, 05:36 AM
I'll enjoy it when the entire place is fried to oblivion by my super elemental powers!

As soon as I learn Nuke, I'll cast it and watch that horrid place go up in so many countless flames that they'll be uncountable.

That will be... as soon as I learn Nuke...

Right now, my job makes me very unhappy. Even my paycheck is unsatisfying. In fact, I don't think I'll go any more.

Yamaneko
05-02-2005, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I enjoy living off what my parents give me.

Samuraid
05-02-2005, 06:44 AM
I work two jobs at a recording studio and a software company during the summer. I love both jobs a lot and do not want to quit either of them...and they pay well too. :D

Rase
05-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Well, if I can substitute school in for this, than yes, it's okay. I like most of my classes, and since I can only see my friends at school, it makes it more enjoyable. Plus, almsot all my teachers are great. I can't really get a real job until some room opens up at the Subway on the Base I live on, since I don't have a car and it's the only good paying, steady job available.

Jebus
05-02-2005, 06:54 AM
My jobs okay. Except the one time my wire broke, and I forgot my silencer. Yeah, my employer was pretty angry, I had to change my name and move somewhere else.

Mercen-X
05-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Does it still count if I don't actually get paid?

o_O
05-02-2005, 08:07 AM
I love my jobs. I'm a cashier at the Warehouse, and the team of people there is awesome. A lot of funny stuff happens there, too. <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~mr_o_o">Here's one thing</a>.

My other job is a bartender at a local club, which is probably the best job I've had. They pay me very well, and I know almost everyone there; it's basically getting paid to have people buy me drinks. :D

I was a chef before that - before I started university, which was cool too. Quite a stressful job, but I had a great boss.

Calliope
05-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Like the lovely Amanda, I too work for the government, and therefore everything I do is classified/none of your beeswax, dolts.

Levian
05-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Cashier at a local mediocre store with few customers. Staff is great, but I always have 8 hour shifts, which is a lot when you've also got school and homework. I'm only going to stay in that work for a few more months, then I'm moving away from my parents. >=)

I have to say that the coworkers is what truly makes a job a great job, which is why I'm going to miss the job as a lowly paid cashier at the local mediocre store.

Loony BoB
05-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Like the lovely Amanda, I too work for the government, and therefore everything I do is classified/none of your beeswax, dolts.
I hear Secret Agent Calliope climbs into people's houses through their windows without waking anyone, but nobody knows what she does once she's inside...

Kalen
05-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Technically I have three jobs and I only enjoy one of them.

My main job is filing in a cave and I HATE it. Filing is the most boring thing EVER.

Ahem, my second job is being in a dance company which I love love love.

My third job is teaching dance to little kids which for the most part is stressful because they are CRAY-ZEE but they are cute too.

And I am about to start my own photography biz so hopefully that will take of and I can quit my first one. ;)

Erdrick Holmes
05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
First person I hear saying their job sucks gets a personal slap in the face by me. Be lucky you eve have one.

Kalen
05-02-2005, 05:20 PM
My job sucks.

crazybayman
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM
My job's alright. I work as a structural engineer in a small company that's really just starting off. What sucks is that there's only 7 of us, and so it gets kinda competitive and hot under the collar, because everyone is kinda fighting to stay employed, and not get laid-off. Hence in little ways everyone is trying to out-do the other, while working together as a team.

The pay is alright, but hopefully I'll be able to get on the next big oil project and make some really good coin.

*however I gotta be very careful when going online! ;) a coworker or boss may walk by at any sec - uh-oh gotta go

escobert
05-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I work for Thermal Dynamics a Thermadyne company. I wirk 40+ hours a week(hey I'm there right now!) I get pretty decent pay for a straight out of high school guy. I get dental/medical insurance :D. I think the jobs sucks and is borring as hell but I need to keep the job since right now my truck payment is 1 weeks pay :(. I build the plasma cutters and somtimes when they need me to I package/enclose them (put the cover on make up the tourch and fill out the system numbers and all sorts of fun things. I'm hoping to get a job down in the machine shop soon though. And I work on my fathers farm when I'm not at my regular job.