PDA

View Full Version : Where has FF III gone?

KoShiatar
05-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I noticed that it was left out of every playstation re-edition.
Can anyone tell me why?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
The PlayStation remakes of FFI and FFII were heavily based upon the WonderSwan Color remakes. FFIII didn't get a WSC remake, and therefore it didn't get included. Square was still considering making an FFIII remake from scratch, but after a certain point they decided it was "too late" to release anything on the PlayStation. They're making up for it now on the DS, though.

Tonepoet
05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
      That might be true but Final Fantasies IV, V and VI got playstation remakes as well. Seven was already out on the Playstation as was every other game up until X. X was on the PS2 instead because the PSX was already dead by then. With the reverse compatability, I can honestly say that the only game PS2 owners won't be able to play is FF III, unless XII get's stalled onto another system. You've just got to wonder why and to be honest, I don't quite know myself.

DJZen
05-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Because Square-Enix knows that a game with NES graphics and sound on a PS console would sell abysmally. People are whiney enough about graphics and sound with the improved look of FF I & II on Origins, not to mention the graphics of FFIV & V. Squenix knows they need to update it before it could move off the shelves in any real quantity, so they're putting it on a system that it could work on. Sony doesn't like to give the okay to games that don't make full use of the hardware running them, so a PS2 port isn't like at this time. Also, when FFX came out, PS1 wasn't "dead". GBA is still not considered "dead" (there's a new Pikachu edition GBA SP), and its successor has been out for quite some time now. That's pretty much the same boat the PS1 was in when FFX came out.

KoShiatar
05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Men, you know everything. Thank you.