PDA

View Full Version : What does Kung Fu Hustle have to do with FF?

DJZen
05-02-2005, 12:09 AM
If you haven't seen Kung Fu Hustle yet, you really need to. There's an amazing scene where two musicians use their.... ummm.... I have no idea what the instrument is called, but by playing it they unleash devastating attacks that slash things up.

So how does this topic belong here? Well, it reminded me a LOT of Edward. I was always trying to figure out how one could attack simply by playing a harp (other than being so horrible that the awfulness of your music was killing people). Well, if you see this scene, it'll give you some ideas as to how that might happen.

Any thoughts on the subject?

TheAbominatrix
05-02-2005, 12:18 AM
If Edward kicked as much ass as those two... man, he'd be the best character in the game.

Good observation, though. Maybe those guys are Edwards distant cousins. From the non-wussy part of his family.

DJZen
05-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Well... Maybe Edward was just really out of practice or something. I must be levelling up way too much 'cause in my game he actually did a reasonable amount of damage for a ranged class.

Raven Nox
05-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Yeah... Edward sucks, the guys in Kung Fu Hustle don't, they're just really ugly, but Edward does almost no damage in my game, hmmm... Kung Fu Hustle reminded me of a chinese version of the Matrix (maybe it was supposed to be, I don't know) I wasn't really thinking of FF while watching it.

My name is...something..?
05-02-2005, 03:53 AM
I wasn't even thinking about that when I saw the movie, but now that I think about it, yeah, I guess it does kind of bring some light on Edward's attacks...but, eh I'm done thinking about it because I hate Edward.

DJZen
05-02-2005, 06:21 AM
It reminded you of the Matrix because Stephen Chow loves to do style parodies. Watch Shaolin Soccer, it does the same.

I've been scanning the web for photos of this scene, and I can't find any. I don't know why, it's easily the most visually stunning scene in it, but I don't know where the screens might be. Can anyone find some so people who haven't seen the movie can know what we're talking about?

JaytodaP
05-02-2005, 07:48 PM
sorry to get off topic but is that movie funny (like Kung Pow) or serious???
I want to see it though.

Mercen-X
05-02-2005, 08:28 PM
The TV ads say it's funny. There's are parts that look funny. There are parts that look cool. I haven't seen it yet. I think I'm waiting for it to come out on video. I haven't decided.

DJZen
05-02-2005, 09:57 PM
OOC: It's funny, unlike Kung Pow which was such a terrible abortion of a film that the cellulose it was printed on gives the plague to all who handled it. In fact, Kung Fu Hustle is probably the best movie I've seen so far this year. Stephen Chow pwns, can we please get back on topic before someone locks this thread?

TurkSlayer
05-09-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm just wondering, do people hate Edward because he's weak or because he is an annoying character. I personally didn't find him annoying, and if you really take the time to train him, he is a decent fighter. Anyway, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I wouldn't know, but I'll think about that when I see the scene.

DJZen
05-09-2005, 03:45 AM
He's not a great fighter, his defense is lacking, and he has no magic. His only REAL abilities are healing (by an amount that makes NO difference at all) and hiding (which makes it impossible to heal him). He can do a fair amount of damage if you whip him into shape though. Just keep him in the back row!

Christmas
04-26-2022, 02:45 AM
Spoony Bard dun do Kung Fu. :(

But Kung Fu Hustle is funny, love the fight scenes, lol. :kaoclove:

Galuf
04-26-2022, 11:00 PM
Kung fu hustle was great. The scene where he tries to throw the knife was funny.