PDA

View Full Version : Remake.......

fuuijinmon zell
05-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Any thoughts about the remake of FFVIII? All i know is that it's being remde for the PS2. If anyone has anymore info, please tell

TheAbominatrix
05-03-2005, 01:11 AM
There is no remake. Square has already stated they arent remaking any games that can be played on the current platform, and since VIII can be played on the PS2, it isnt being remade

ShivaBlizzard8
05-03-2005, 04:37 AM
*nods* It would be a waste of time for them to remake it, so they decided not to. This is stated in our FAQ in the top of the forum: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=36341

crazybayman
05-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Any thoughts about the remake of FFVIII? All i know is that it's being remde for the PS2. If anyone has anymore info, please tell

I suspect someone is trying to have some fun by spreading BS.....

ShivaBlizzard8
05-03-2005, 07:26 PM
No, a couple of years ago Square did release a statement saying they planned on future remakes for FF7, FF8, and FF9, but they have long since taken that back.

Squall of SeeD
05-03-2005, 07:55 PM
No, a couple of years ago Square did release a statement saying they planned on future remakes for FF7, FF8, and FF9, but they have long since taken that back.

Indeed. I have the issue of the U.S. Official PlayStation Magazine from 2001 in which it is mentioned that Square fully intended to do this.

It should be noted, however, that this issue was released the same month (or month before) Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, the finacial fiasco that crippled Square. After that, they canceled the remake projects.

TheAbominatrix
05-04-2005, 12:00 AM
For those of you wanting remakes, dont lose hope just yet. I bet that once Square feels they're stable, and they've gotten the next-gen console waiting for them, we may see a few remakes, especially if the complilation of FFVII goes well.

Zellaw
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
If anything, I hope its just a re-make. Nooo Sequels, or spinoffs like Final Fantasy 7 has.

-Loki-
05-04-2005, 04:19 AM
I think a remake is a good idea. Final Fantasy 8 is my favorite game and I more! :D

DarkLadyNyara
05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
There is no remake. Square has already stated they arent remaking any games that can be played on the current platform, and since VIII can be played on the PS2, it isnt being remade

yes soon the ps2 will no longer be the current platform

Chris
05-04-2005, 12:35 PM
But think about it; do we really need a remake?
I like the FFVIII we have right now. >=)

fuuijinmon zell
05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
I figured it was crap... i saw it on gamespot, it was probably old news...

Dark_Sephiroth666
05-05-2005, 02:33 AM
It would be kinda cool to see what they could do with them, hey. But I do like them the way they are now.

UltimateSpamGrover
05-05-2005, 04:05 AM
FFVIII is fine the way it is. What could they remake about it anyway? The graphics aren't that old.

DJZen
05-05-2005, 05:51 AM
By today's standards FFVIII's graphics are horrible. By that I mean if FFVIII were ported to PS2 as it is, no changes made, people would make comments like "oh god, this game really hasn't aged well..."

Just look at people's reactions to FFVI. When it came out the reviewers were universally unimpressed. "The graphics are out of date" etc. Man, I bet those same reviews would have given or DID give the game much higher marks the first time it was released.

There's A reason to remake the game, just not a good one. If it DOES get remade, everyone will say "The game isn't THAT old... why did they remake it?"

rubah
05-06-2005, 01:34 AM
some antialiasing at least would go a long way.

'oh look, squall's eye disappeared! Oh wait, there it is again!'

disapointedchild
05-06-2005, 03:28 AM
I love the game, a remake, is kinda risky, unless it is just a facelift for the game.

Either way I am content with it. :)