PDA

View Full Version : The story

Vaprice
05-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Have they released anythign about the story line? Like its main plot and what the whole thing is about? I, really, erm, haven't been kept up in this stuff of late. But if anyone could help me out thankees ^^

Mercen-X
05-03-2005, 02:57 AM
I haven't really checked a lot of threads in this particular forum, but I'm sure it's discussed here somewhere.

From what I know, pretty much not all of those "clones" were killed and are now coming out of the woodwork.
A "Geo-Stigma" left by the Lifestream is affecting children or mostly children.
A man whose face is never seen and confined to a wheelchair is said to be President Rufus.
Cloud and Tifa run a nursery; Cloud apparently sees Aeris at some point (probably in his head); some big blow-out is supposed to call the crew together for a kickass battle.

JAS4Yeshua
05-04-2005, 07:04 AM
The only "official" story overview that I'm aware of is on the official site. There might be others out there, though.

http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/

The actual "Story" link still says "Coming Soon."

Vaprice
05-05-2005, 02:56 AM
refresh my mind whats a geo-stigma again?

been locked onto FFXi for awhile now hehe ^^

Shadow Bahamut
05-05-2005, 10:44 AM
I don't have a clue, but that trailer on the site that JAS4Yeshua posted looks very cool.
only thing though, it didn't show Barett....kind of a downer.

i don't think any sites have any real news on the actual story line, they only have theories, but i think it is gonna be on hell of a movie.

I have heard somewhere that it won't be out in cinemas, it'll come straight out on dvd, cuz it'll be too long to sit in the cinema...??? but i think that was just a rumour.

Squall of SeeD
05-05-2005, 11:02 PM
It's going to UMD format (for the PSP) and DVD. I doubt that Square is going to risk another financial fiasco such as they had with The Spirits Within by placing the film in theatres around the world (if even in Japan). This film is going to appeal to a target audience a lot more specific than would a movie such as Gladiator, or even the first Final Fantasy film. Its length has nothing to do with it, as the last report of its length (made a few weeks ago by the Co-Producer) was that it was at about 70 minutes in length at the time.