PDA

View Full Version : Do you like or dislike Zidane? Give reasons!

kawaiileena
05-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Hey, I was just surfing the net when this question popped up in my frigging mind, so I decided to ask you people about your opinions...

Do you LIKE or DISLIKE Zidane?

Me? I like him! He's really funny and he's a good fighter for some sort! But there are also time I want to get rid of him for good...

So yeah, how about you, people?

Gwelenguchenkus
05-03-2005, 11:48 AM
He's okay most of the time.

But I was kind of turned off when he grabbed Dagger's Butt. "Ooo Soft". If I was Dagger I would have smacked him, little perverted bastard.

But seriously, I thought he was pretty good overall. Not my favorite lead character, though.

kawaiileena
05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
He's okay most of the time.

But I was kind of turned off when he grabbed Dagger's Butt. "Ooo Soft". If I was Dagger I would have smacked him, little perverted bastard.

But seriously, I thought he was pretty good overall. Not my favorite lead character, though.

Hey, yeah, that was a complete turn off. And if I were Dagger, I would have kicked him in the groin for being such a no good hentai. LOL...

Anyways, yeah, you're right... :D

Maya
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I like him. Heīs so genuine and honest. And when I saw the end of the game for the first time, I thought "Wish I had same kind of man he is". Though he can be really like the most of teen guys, but itīs natural. :p

Destai
05-03-2005, 07:33 PM
A brilliant relief from Squall and Clouds angst attacks. And the ass grabbing scene made me genuinely laugh. I think hes one of the better main characters.

PearlRose
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I really, really liked Zidane. He wasn't your typical not a tough-as-nails knight with a sword kind of hero. He's just a thief, who is also an actor. He was humorous and slightly charming, in a rouge-ish sort of way. One of my favorite leads in all the FF's I've played.

kawaiileena
05-04-2005, 05:29 AM
I like him. Heīs so genuine and honest. And when I saw the end of the game for the first time, I thought "Wish I had same kind of man he is". Though he can be really like the most of teen guys, but itīs natural.

Well, the ending was pretty sweet!!! :D ... and pretty cool!

Gwelenguchenkus
05-04-2005, 10:29 AM
I'll admit he was definitely genuine and honest. He was also very caring for nearly everyone he met.

Chris
05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Personally I found Zidane to be extremely arrogant.
His "I'll-take-care-of-it" persona just bugged me like forever, but I didn't overly hated him or anything.
He's okay... I guess.

Sphere
05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Well... I constantly contridict myself on the matter, but over all i like him. He seems like a worthy character.

Hinky the Pickle
05-04-2005, 10:06 PM
In my opinion he's one of the best if not the best lead role in an FF game. He wasn't the typical angsty, anti-social teenager with a big sword that we had come to know in FF games. I found I could relate to him a lot more than I could relate to Cloud or Squall. He was outgoing, funny and caring towards his friends (even if he didn't truly understand them half the time) and just generally played the role of the group leader covincingly, unlike Cloud and Squall.

Dark_Sephiroth666
05-05-2005, 02:40 AM
I thought Zidane was quite amusing and he usually makes me laugh. He's just stupid, but that's what's funny.

sayen
05-06-2005, 02:17 PM
i dunno i kinda like more into the girls in ffs i dont realy pay attention to what the guys get upto (apart from sephirtoh when he killed aeris boo hoo) i dont thik i like or dislike zidane aslong as he stays in the game.

ShuyinRules
05-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I thought Zidane was really cool! Cooler than the other FF main guys, who are just boring. Except Tidus. But Zidane is my fave!

Mercen-X
05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
I get annoyed by his outfit, his tail, and his battle stance (except when he's wielding a double-edge, that's k). Zidane's features remind me of my brother, moreso than Cloud or Zell EVER did. I liked it in FF7&8, it just creeped me out here.

kawaiileena
05-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Does Zidane's outfit look more like a 10 year old would dress up? Hmm... I wonder?

Buccura
05-07-2005, 08:19 AM
He's one of my favorite characters int he series. I just love his lively, bit perverted, and a bit over-confident attitiude and how he is very kind despite him being a thief.

Zerlina
05-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I think he was an awesome character. He joked around and was friends with everyone but at the same time he also took care of the people he travelled with.

XxSephirothxX
05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
A brilliant relief from Squall and Clouds angst attacks. And the ass grabbing scene made me genuinely laugh. I think hes one of the better main characters.

Exactly. He's a great character; very unique, with some great dialogue. His character really changes over the course of the game.

Craig
05-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Well yea I liked Zidane he was a refreshing change from the angsty main characters with big swords that had been in all of the previous Final Fantasys. That's right, all two of them.

Old Manus
05-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Zidane was better than Cloud and Squall in the sense that he actually cracked a joke every now and then. Zidane was much more interesting and actually quite humourous at times.

P.S. Ooh soft.

chionos
05-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Zidane is an ok lead. He sticks to the role he was given from the beginning(rogue/thief/actor); and even in the deviations in the later parts of the story(when he shows his true emotions/feelings instead of the facade of roguishness) he is a rogue turned hero(or boy turned man) and plays the part perfectly. Zidane is a wonderful caricature of a teenage boy who searches to define himself(in this case by finding home) and adopts a masquerade of arrogance and frivolity to hide his weakness. As a side note it's a much better caricature than Cloud or Squall were. Squall had to have been a parody. I can't be made to believe that his character was written as a realistic portrayal of a young man's angst seeing as how he is such a poor imitation. And FF7's storyline is so unnecessarily convoluted that Cloud becomes a contrivance. Instead of his character molding the story as part of Cloud himself, the mosaic story turns Cloud into a mismatched grouping of shattered images. It's hard to correlate pre-FF7 leads, b/c their stories weren't as elaborated, and were 2-dimensional, and they wouldn't be fair comparison. Tidus I won't even mention because of the laugh. Oh, that hideous laugh.

Yuffie514
05-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Zidane's a good fighter, but i don't like his paddings, they look like big thighs.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 03:38 AM
He's pretty slick. Very strong and I always love the steal ability.

Kuja-Omnix
05-08-2005, 09:29 PM
I like him, i like his confidence and i like how he thinks he can pull any lass that comes along :D :D

Alexander
05-17-2005, 01:03 AM
FF7: Angst attacks. "More strength, less talk" steorotype. Uh. I don't love him. He's cool, though.

FF8: I H-A-T-E him personality-wise. Second only to Wicked Science's Dina (I hate her. Screw her all to hell. -_-"). He is so Cloud clone! Plus he's too overpowered and the plot focuses TOO MUCH at him, Rinoa, and Rinoa-Ultimecia-idiot time loop thing.And I've never liked Gunblades. Oh well. -_-

FF10: Tidus is too uke for me. But I don't hate him, he's cool, too. XD

Well, Zidane is my favorite FF principal character (second to NONE) and third, considering EVERYTHING I played, watched or read (He loses fo Fire Emblem Blazing Sword's Lyn and Black Hole High's Josie). He isn't overpowered. He trusts on himself. He doesn't have too many teen angst moments. He is much, much cooler than Squall. The plot doesn't focus on him and Dagger. His relationship with Dagger crushes Squall x Rinoa, at every way...

...IMO. XD

Godzilla3001
06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
i love the whole zidane/dagger thing that goes on. reminds me of something that happened to me...
i like zidane cos hes more human, hes cheerful and upbeat and tries his best to help everyone ("you dont need a reason to help people") but he still gets depressed (dam you garland!!!). i really like the end cos its just the perfect end to the perfect game, its just a shame they couldnt have focused a bit more on the other romances...awww

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
06-05-2005, 01:41 AM
As a character he was amusing and well-written....however, I think he was underpowered as the party leader. Maybe I'm too narrow-minded to accept having a weak party leader, but that is what I had grown accustomed to in any/every RPG I had ever played (and I'm not just talking about FF7-9, but from the outset of FF, and other early NES RPGs, though there weren't many, and let's face it, the original Dragon Warrior just plain sucked).

I know he was strong enough adequate, but when two characters have stronger physical attacks than you, why is that character the front man of the battling party?

So overall that would make Zidane luke-warm in my book.
I know you now loathe my book and wish it would spontaneously combust.

SoftReset
06-05-2005, 02:28 AM
*Lights your book on fire*

That's spontaneous enough, no?

Zidane is plenty strong enough as a party leader. His Ultima weapon is the highest attack power weapon in the game aside from ExII (or Save the Queen under the right circumstances), and his potenial max strength is second only to Amarant. His Grand Lethal with Ultima Weapon has 400 attack power, Steiner's Shock with ExII has 324. He's also the only character capable of maxing Speed, and maxing Spirit is a breeze with him.

I think he's a great character in battle and personality-wise. He's a nice chance from the angsty loner types from FFVII and FFVIII.

Hroth
06-05-2005, 03:44 AM
I liked Zidane alot. For some reason, I always related to him. I liked the fact that he was from a different planet, thought it was quite original. I always liked that he had daggers instead of swords, I love swords but every main character had them till now so I was getting tired of them. He has good taste as well, Garnet is one of the most lovable FF characters I can think of, at least she's not some bar whore like Tifa :P. I don't know, I just always liked him, he is very much my favorite FF character right after Edgar. Gotta love the pimpinator.

Cloud67
06-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Personally I liked Cloud more as a party leader. And I liked Irvine's attitude in FF8. :love:

Slade
06-05-2005, 11:49 PM
No i didnt dislike him. Zidane was great. He had an awsome personality and his hair was cool. Plus he had a tail.....meaning he could swing through the trees if he felt like it! Wish i had a tail. Speaking of the tail, anyone noticed how much its like Dragon Ball Z? Goku had a tail and when he went Super Saiyan 4, he grew red fur.....Zidane has a tail and when he enters a Trance state he grows red fur :eek: ........hmmmm

kawaiileena
06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
you're right! Why haven't i noticed that before? But it only has a slight similarities, which is only the tail. Cool discovery, though :love:

Slade
06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
I also noticed that Cloud from VII looks almost exactly the same as Super Saiyan Gohan from the Dragon Ball Z Cell Saga: Purple clothes, spikey yellow hair etc.....but thats another story and has nothing to do with the topic! :D

kawaiileena
06-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Nice one, Slade! I never really noticed that before, since I never even bother to do so! Lol...

DarkItachi
06-20-2005, 03:48 AM
Zidane is kinda like a kid for me.He is kinda weird and small.He shouldnt be a main charactor for this game.everyone knows him for a dumb reason.Cloud has his buster sword,squall gunblade,Zidane tail.

Serria
06-20-2005, 05:34 AM
I loved Zidane! Yes, I tend to like every Final Fantasy lead character but... Zidane is one of my favorites. He just had this certain charm about him. He wasn't even a pretty boy per se and I'm still in love with him. He had a really good character, I thought. He was an entirely different sort of hero, in contrast to VI (Terra), VII (Cloud), and VIII (Squall). He was a cheerful rogue... but had his serious side as well.

He also had me laughing throughout a good deal of the game. C'mon. Grabbing Dagger's butt was just funny. I also liked that he's not all about himself, he puts others before him... just a good, good person. Er, monkey. Type thing.

Zidane <3

OwneD
06-20-2005, 09:05 AM
I like him of course.
He's funny. Some laughable moments first time playing FFIX. He's quick on his moves and cares about other people and their problems. His "love" to Garnet/Dagger in the beginning of the story was pretty funny too before he got more serious about it. Also his rivarly to Steiner is fun too.

dyne trance
06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
zidane's cool. i like him cuz he's good in battle and his weapons rock.

Devourment
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I like him.. He has a cool French name, is a good fighter & is quite funny the way he winds Steiner up sometimes. Though I dislike his tail. I don't think it suited him, it made him look a bit silly in my opinion. He has nice blades, I like the fact that FFIX used double-edge weapon for him, 'cause it'd be boring if he was just using a normal weapon like a sword. His clothes are quite nice even though he's considered a peasant I think.. Maybe I have a thing for peasant's clothes.. Haha.

Crossblades
06-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Zidane is awesome. He's a playboy, thinks of others before of himself, and uses Double Swords! How cool is that?!

yuu_17
07-01-2005, 11:04 AM
like!Why not?

Christmas
04-11-2022, 05:06 AM
He couldn't turn Super Saiyan or into a Great Ape. He gave me the wrong perception that this is a FF & Dragon Ball crossover. :mymelbert:

Mr Gashtacular
04-14-2022, 08:57 PM
i think hes a prick

Dr. Acula
04-15-2022, 01:53 AM
He's kinda gross with his constant hitting on everyone. Garnet can do better.