PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Consider Yourself?

The Captain
05-03-2005, 09:41 AM
For the purposes of this, what do you consider yourself? Politically, Economically, Socially? What is your perspective on life?

I consider myself an optimistic idealist that tries to also be realistic about the world, though I have a tendency to believe in the best of people.

I am registered as an Independent, though I am usually more to the Liberal side of things, especially socially. I try to be more moderate on most everything else though.

How about you?

Take care all.

Shlup
05-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I am Amanda, and that's all I have to say about that.

The Captain
05-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Do you also consider yourself to be Amanda?

Take care all.

Shlup
05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Do I consider myself to be Amanda? I accept that label as an acceptable as it comes with little or no implications attached, so, yes, I consider myself to be Amanda Jean Vorisek.

The Captain
05-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Touche`.

Take care all.

Ko Ko
05-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Um... I think I'm a pessimistic, spoiled brat. And I'm an anti-social bitch who breaks hearts, too, come to think of it.
As for your second question, I haven't lived in any country long enough to be part of any parties. Why do you ask?

The Captain
05-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Curiousity, more than anything else. I enjoy learning about folks as best I can. I'm also interested to see if this truly IS a "Liberal" board in terms of political views, though of course, that also depends on what country you happen to live in as liberal takes on a lot of different meanings from place to place.

Take care all.

Jebus
05-03-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm a pessimistic, cynical, paranoid geek. I'm also a whiny, angsty nerd.

theundeadhero
05-03-2005, 03:38 PM
A good natured, easy going person with a rebel heart. I can be intelligent when needed but I prefer to be non-sensicle because I get more enjoyment out of it.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I consider myself an optimist. Sometimes overly so. I tend to social excluded myself, and I appreciate being alone and just taking in my sorroundings. I am a homebody, that can have egotistical moments, and I hate being told what to do. (I rather be asked). I am pretty easy going, sometimes too reserved. Lazy as hell. Pollitically my views are towards the left wing.

omnitarian
05-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Politically, I'm a socially progressive (read: liberal) posterchild for the secular left, Although I generally modify some of my views in an effort to compromise; Perhaps this puts me closer to the center than I would like to think. Political-economically, I'm in the center, as I don't like the economic extremes to the left or right. Non-politically, I'm a realist who eschews the labels of "pessimist" and "optimist".

Jojee
05-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I a monkey who lives in a mental hospital and gives drugs to other monkeys.

Nah I'm me, silly little girl who is lazy ^_^ Liberal on social viewpoints, moderate to conservative on other. Optimist, most of the time. Likes to play :p

Psychotic
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm a pessimistic optimist. I'm politically conservative, but probably socially liberal.

Wow, how ambigious was that?

Glendon
05-03-2005, 04:49 PM
All the lame internet personality tests that friends send or link label me as an idealist everytime. I am slightly to the left from the middle on the political spectrum. When I'm not dating super models, and solving elaborate crimes. I post on interweb message boards.

Devourment
05-03-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm mostly pessimisitc, & politically conservative. & the rest is in my profile. =/

DMKA
05-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I would tell you, but if I do a staff member who doesn't like who I am will ban me, so I can't.

Itsunari 2000
05-03-2005, 05:11 PM
A semi-realistic optimist/Liberal enforcer.

oww my gastric bypass!
05-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow you are all so confusing! I wishj we could just talk about final fansaty!

Shauna
05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow you are all so confusing! I wishj we could just talk about final fansaty!

There's seperate boards for the FFs. This is the General board, where we talk about anything. :D :D

On topic, I am mostly optomistic, very anti-social. And about the other thing... I dunno. :D

louby_4eva
05-03-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm quite a social person, I go out a lot and get invited to parties and stuff. Politically, I don't know what you mean so I'm going to say that I'm a monster ravin loony.

Smile and Be happy :love:

FF freak
05-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm pretty conservative and somewhere in the middle in optomism. Being conservative seems to be an accomplishment on this forum.

Perducci
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm a pessimist. Or something.

Martyr
05-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Politically: Conservative. My religion helps me make lots of decisions too. Plus, modern liberal mindset is an absolute mystery to me. I don't like it. I don't understand it. And it seems like it really doesn't work. I don't know why it still exists. It seems like a disproven theory that random extremists somehow cling to, except that lots and lots of people cling to it for unidentifyable reasons.

Economically: I'm stupid. Frivolous. Impossible. My only hope is to force myself to be cheap. Otherwise, I'll spend my money on everybody else and on all kinds of nonsense. Usually other people because I have some guilt problem with myself that I haven't bothered addressing yet.

Socially: I'm pessimistic most of the time, but optimistic when I'm in real trouble (Because optimism is the only way to really get anything done). When religious rules don't seem to apply, I find it my perogative to absolutely obliterate any problem that stands in my way. Whether that problem is a human or not is none of my concern.

Generally, I consider myself to be an unstoppable force of nature. (Something cool, like a tornado or a gigantic comet) I believe that I can dispatch any problem that comes my way, and I have yet to be disproven. I am always right, except when I'm wrong, and I am only wrong when I test new ideas in search of the truth.

Sasquatch
05-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Conservative, although I do look at both sides of an issue/candidate before making a decision. (I've also been called Libertarian.) Some people would call me pessimistic, but I consider myself to be "realistic", it's just that reality sucks. Economically conservative, I think people should only be given what they've earned, except for the handicapped and such. I value traits such as (moderate) pride, honor, and integrity, and especially chivalry, which is a rare sight these days.

...so, yes, I consider myself to be Amanda Jean Vorisek.

My sister's first and middle names are Amanda Jean. Weird.

Cuchulainn
05-03-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm a walking complexity. With the exception of being an Irish Republican & wanting a united & free Ireland now, my views on other areas & aspects of life can change dramatically according to mood.
I have this love/hate relationship with the Catholic church for example where I have some less than flattering views on it, but if spomeone from outside that church has less than flattering views, I dont' like it.
I'll like one thing one day, hate it the next, marry it on the the third. I'm a liberal who thinks the majority of humans are self serving scum. I was against the Iraq War and vehimently opposed sending troopas without UN backing. But once the troops were there, and the die cast, those back-slapping, two faced, I-told-you-so Arseholes who then critique everything American & British & use this war as their soap box to scream how right they are has made me swing slightly right of centre on this issue.
Fact is, I don't know what I am or what I believe outside my own soil but I'll be damn sure I have an opinion on it. Ha. :/

Blackmageboi
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
socialble and optimistic, good with my money.Quietly Paranoid

JaytodaP
05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
ATHLETE

faster skating penguin
05-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm a cynic, but very friendly and will randomly strike up a conversation with someone on the streets I don't know. (dosn't mean i don't hate them though) I'm overly critical of people, but not upfront about it, and it dosn't effect my relationships with them.

As for politics, I'm progressive.

Economically, I'm under 16, therefore don't have a job, but my parents make a good ammount, at least in the way we're not poor. We're Middle-middle at best. I spend money very freely, but I spend it well.

I'm very social, but not in school. My school depresses me. Sometime I get depressed too easily.

edczxcvbnm
05-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Politically? Liberal on the Social and Conservative on the Spending
Econmics? Conervative, Middle Class

XxSephirothxX
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Liberal, agnostic, cynical, pessimistic, fairly anti-social.

Cruise Control
05-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I am a pessimistic liberal who spends up to nine hours of his day on the computer...

Kamiko
05-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Economically? If you mean how I handle my money then I really don't ^^'. I spend spend spend.
Politically, I'm a Liberal but I like Nader ^_^.
And Socially? I'm that strange girl who's optimistic, cracks obscure jokes that make you laugh anyway and draws pictures that her friends constantly steal. Oh yes, and if you go to my school, you might also note that I'm married to a Russian Mob Boss who is a girl

Pure Strife
05-03-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not emo, that's for damn sure.

fire_of_avalon
05-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm politically and socially liberal and usually optimistic. As for the rest, you tell me.

Jojee
05-03-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm politically and socially liberal and usually optimistic. As for the rest, you tell me. You're a man? :p

*runs don't ban me*

Rase
05-04-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm an optimistic, good natured, good hearted, supposedly funny 16 year old boy. IF the need arises, I can be serious, though I prefer to go through life looking for the good and fun in things. I've been told I'm too trusting and too kind, but I'm not sure if those are bad things. I'm compassionate, both about beliefs and people, but will listen to others and tend to try and avoid confrontation whever possible.

As for economics, I'm conservative, not wasting money and saving it until I see something that I truly believe is worth the price being asked for it.

Socially, I enjoy being around close friends, though dislike crowds. I like to hang out with friends, and usually do so whenever the oppurtonity presents itself.

Politically, I've yet to choose, though I err toward Conservative values, I suppose.

Shlup
05-04-2005, 01:32 AM
...so, yes, I consider myself to be Amanda Jean Vorisek.

My sister's first and middle names are Amanda Jean. Weird.
:O_O:

Spammerman
05-04-2005, 02:04 AM
i am the anoying kid in the class that teachers think of as a curse, yet are suprised if i do homework.ALso, im an addict toward videogames and the internet, and a smartalec who tends to be a little to sarcasatic.Im also one of the smart ones in the class who likes to act stupid almost all the time, cept when he really needs toget it in gear.

TO save u the time of reading it, im the smartalec, class clowns who usually tends to have a lot of good friends.

Del Murder
05-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Disinterested.

~yunie~
05-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Economically; I spend a lot of money yet work crazy hours!! Politically,I,m neutral cause it seems to me whatever side you choose you'll end up complaining.Socially?Depends of the day and mood; even the people around me; I'm very social but don't blame me if the next time i see you i forget your name or your face lol; I consider myself a pretty insane girl--very independant--with a strong character;yet people like to be around me =) i have a great circle of friends-I do great at school but i tend to be the teacher's pet ;=_= even when not on purpose...

Super Christ
05-04-2005, 04:24 AM
As far as politically, I'm pretty sure that on my drivers licence renewal I listed Goatsecs as my political affiliation. I guess you could call me a middle of the road kind of guy. Or an extremist on both ends of the spectrum. Ultimately I'm a chaotic person, and so, generally speaking, less is more when it comes to government. Most of the time.

Economically, I'm po. I've got a now permanant scar on my right arm from donating blood plasma for a little extra cash. Doing better now that I've had a job for the last few months. Assuming I do well in school (I won't allow myself to do poorly), then that situation will improve.

I swing from extreme optimism to extreme pessimism in a lot of things. I'll leave that at that.

Socially I'm doing fine and poorly. I've got a lot of great friends that I enjoy spending time with, but I'm shy and have a hard time meeting new people.