PDA

View Full Version : Why must He punish me so?

Gwelenguchenkus
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Spoilers inside

So I was on my way to save Yuna after beating that 'red carpet' avrae, and my game freezes during the movie when Yuna is walking up the stairs, and I completely miss the movie :( :cry: The PS2 has trouble reading it, but then skips the entire event, and goes on to show a few other things, and I THINK my PS2 was about to show another movie but it pretty much stopped loading altogether, showing a couple soldiers and a machina enemy.

This really sucks. I cannot get past this scene to even continue on with the gameplay. not only that, but this is one of my favorite scenes in the game, and it no longer works.

I'm not sure whether it is my disc or PS2. My PS2 is close to the end of it's life, because I need to restart about 3-4 times to get FFX to work. But then again, it freezes at the same spot both times I tried getting through this scene.

Any advice on how I can get past this part? How about on 'cleaning' a disc to get it working correctly? I've heard of things like disc doctor and such, but I'm not really sure how effective it is. Maybe I should send my PS2 to Sony to gets it's parts replaced saying that I'm getting disc read errors (which is true)?

I'm really sad that I cannot advance any further. Especially since I was so into this game. I feel cheated :cry: Curse you Sony, I blame it on your faulty hardware! Although, it might have been because of the scratches ;_;

Y-Rikku-P
05-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I know you can go to a lot of photo developing places and they can repair discs a lot of the time but I'm not sure if that counts for ps games sorry but what have you got to lose?

I feel for you, you are at the part where every bit of the game is amazing!

crazybayman
05-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Spoilers inside
Although, it might have been because of the scratches ;_;

Yes, its probably the scratches. Or something faulty with your disc. If it were your console, it probably wouldn't even work, let alone freeze at the exact same point in the game every time you play it.

Cruise Control
05-04-2005, 11:28 AM
That happened to me in Legend of Dragoon whenever I:
1) Went upstairs on the pirate ship
2) Beat the sea dragon
3) Beat Zackwell
4) Beat Melbu Frahma (God that sucked)

They have special discs to clean the eye on your playstation, and special disc cleaner. I would also see if someone can repair your disc.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Funny. Now my PS2 freezes in battles while casting spells, and even while going between screens it takes about twice as long to load, and I'm getting more disc read errors. I'm starting to believe that this is a combination of things that makes this happen. I know my ps2 is dying, an I'm going to have to ship it to sony VERY soon. Certain events early in the game that ran normally now freeze at certain parts, and the ps2 has to 'think' extra hard to get things to work sometimes. I think that a normally minor scratch now has a more serious effect because my ps2 is dying.

I'm going to try it on another ps2 to see the effects

BlackRibon
05-06-2005, 12:19 AM
you should test other games before doing anything, cause if they work, the probblem is with the disc, otherwise you're in deep trouble.
it happened to me once too, with my GTA san andreas disc and it was my disc problem not my ps2 (thank god !!)

nik0tine
05-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Get some rubbing alcahol and a soft cloth. Dip the tip of the cloth in the alcahol and rub it onto the cd in an up and down motion. Cover the entire CD with it and when you are done dry it off. That method works for me 9 times out of ten. I have found it to be incredibly effective. If it doesn't work the problem is either A) The game is damaged beyond repair or B) Your PS2 is broke.