PDA

View Full Version : Ozma: Is he really that hard?

ThroneofDravaris
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Countless times I’ve heard people consider Ozma as the hardest of the optional bosses, yet each time I’ve fought him, I have almost always won. After fighting bosses like Omega weapon in 8, who even at level 100, still kicked my ass about 20 times before I killed him, Ozma, how I killed in 5 minute flat, seemed a bit of a let down. Did anyone else find him pathetically easy?

ruby_91
05-03-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah. i've read FAQ's about beating him before i actually tried it, and they thought he was really hard.
well, it took some tries to beat him, but he wasn't as hard as i thought he woud be.....:-)

Ultima Shadow
05-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Omega is patetic compared to Ozma... simply because Ozma is able to kill you with its Meteor-Curse combo. Ozma is completely random and may be a pushover some times but pretty tough other times. As long as you know what to do, Omega is a pushover.

Ozma is neither extremely hard or extremely easy. Ozma is... just random. :greenie:

ruby_91
05-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Omega is patetic compared to Ozma... simply because Ozma is able to kill you with its Meteor-Curse combo. Ozma is completely random and may be a pushover some times but pretty tough other times. As long as you know what to do, Omega is a pushover.

Ozma is neither extremely hard or extremely easy. Ozma is... just random. :greenie:
but wich game is omega in?? i forgot....

Delta
05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Omega is in 8.... And yes I consider Ozma harder.

Zifnab
05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Ozma is harder, seeing as his ATB system works outside the standard format. Omega Weapon in FFVIII had a set pattern that could be abused.

Sepho
05-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Ozma puts the Weapons to shame in that he can decimate a level 99 party while you sit back and watch helplessly. The amount you can prepare before fighting him is somewhat limited. He's far too random to really give you the opportunity to employ any sort of strategy aside from trying to dish out six 9,999 damage attacks before he heals himself and/or kills you. In addition, his speed is incredible. Even with Auto-Haste equipped, I've suffered through three attacks in a row on his part before.

It's entirely possible to go into a fight against Ozma with a Level 60 party and finish him off after a few rounds while experiencing almost no opposition, but it's just as possible that he'll cast Meteor and wipe out your entire level 99 party before you can act.

There have been instances where I've duked it out with him for nine or ten rounds and died, only to be insta-killed by Meteor right away in my next attempt at beating him.

SoftReset
05-03-2005, 11:22 PM
He's unpredictable, that's why he's so hard. You just never know what he's going to do until he does it.

Masamune·1600
05-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Ozma puts the Weapons to shame in that he can decimate a level 99 party while you sit back and watch helplessly.

While Ozma, who has no set attack pattern, is certainly more difficult than Omega Weapon, it's worth noting that it can be beaten with a Level 1 party. Actually, based on the equation that governs Flare Star, and the characters' limited HP growth in FFIX, a Level 1 party would have an advantage in some areas. That's not to say that it's easier to beat Ozma with a Level 1 party than a Level 99 party, but winning with a Level 1 party is hardly impossible. But, yeah, Omega Weapon's a pushover.

Sepho
05-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Yeah, there are a few members around the boards that have completed the Level 1 Ozma challenge (Ultima Shadow and Necronopticous are two that I know of). The fact that Ozma can be beaten by a level 1 party just goes to show even further how unimportant character/party level and preparation is when it comes down to whether or not you're going to beat Ozma in any given encounter. I still haven't beaten Ozma, but there's quite a few things in FF9 that I haven't done. The game didn't make me want to do everything like 7 and 8 did.

Ultima Shadow
05-04-2005, 07:26 PM
While Ozma, who has no set attack pattern, is certainly more difficult than Omega Weapon, it's worth noting that it can be beaten with a Level 1 party.
If you only could fight Omega with a level 1 party... he would be still be easy thanks to the junctioning system.

He's easy with a level 7-8 party even with the least powerful weapons in the game. :greenie:

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Ozma isn't really that hard, unless you are trying to steal from him. :D

FiragaBreak
05-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Oh my FREAKING GOD!!!!!! I like totally cannot beat him/her/it!!!!!

Sketch Turner
05-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Ozma, the toughest optional boss? I wouldn't think so.
I've beaten Ruby Weapon, Emerald Weapon, Omega Weapon, Ozma and Nemesis...and I have to say that the two toughest optional bosses in the FF series are Omega & Shinryu from FFV...seriously, I haven't heard of anybody bragging about beating them!

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2005, 07:42 PM
and I have to say that the two toughest optional bosses in the FF series are Omega & Shinryu from FFV...seriously, I haven't heard of anybody bragging about beating them![/COLOR]
Take a look at my FFV challange in the FFV forum. I've just defeated them both without equipment and extra abilities. :cool:

Rini
05-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Aren't there Omega weapons in almost all FF's?

But yeesh. Ozma is hard. I still haven't beaten him, and I've had the game for about two years or so.

MoonZapdos
05-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Ozma is a piece of crap. I had more difficulty beating Hades -_-

eestlinc
05-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I like to steal the Dark Matter from him and then use it on him.

Ozma is a piece of crap. I had more difficulty beating Hades -_-
It's cool if you beat Ozma before you talk to Hades he will be all impressed.

Master.Pug
05-16-2005, 04:29 PM

that's it ;-)
If you were able to steal ALL 4 items from him (I think it was a pumice peace, a kind of robe, an Elixir and a dark matter) and kill him afterwards, you're some kind of god... or just a luckily lucky person^^

I managed to get the pumice peace, dark matter and the elixir! The robe isn't interesting at all^^

Craig
05-16-2005, 05:49 PM
I remember my fight with Ozma, my first time he totally destroyed me with his status effects, twice. Then a friend phoned me and I was telling him how hard it was, a little while later he came round and I thought Ozma again, he didn't see the big deal of why he was so hard, simply because this time he didn't cast any status effects on me, and I won with ease.

Alexander
05-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Ruby and Emerald Weapon are hard. But not so much.

FF8's Ultima Weapon is totally pants. o_o At least to me. I've beaten it without Lionheart, The End, Armageddon Fist. Only attacks, Might Guard and one or another limit break. And I've managed to draw 100x Ultima with 2 characters. o__o

FF8's Omega Weapon makes me cry, but it's because I lack any strategy XPPP And I hate Triple Triad, so chances are I never have Gilgamesh/Laguna's card.

But Ozma kicks Omega to the moon. Ozma is SO-FREAKING-HARD. It can kill you... at any moment. Curse+Meteor... T__T
And that's because I have Dragon's Crest, Shock, Ark and stuff. >_<
Ozma is freaking easy? You must have everyone at Lv99 or something O_o

Riddle Master
05-17-2005, 04:20 AM
I beat Ozma on my first try. Anyone notice that he/she/it is a mini-planet? Or something like that. Really cool 'ultimate' boss...

Hunk
05-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Ozma is not hard,steal him is complicated,but if you want to kill him is a piece of cake...
But is great fight with him...
Ahh,Im New in the forum
Byeeeeeeeee

Ultima Shadow
05-19-2005, 08:07 PM
FF8's Ultima Weapon is totally pants. o_o At least to me. I've beaten it without Lionheart, The End, Armageddon Fist. Only attacks, Might Guard and one or another limit break. And I've managed to draw 100x Ultima with 2 characters. o__o

FF8's Omega Weapon makes me cry, but it's because I lack any strategy XPPP And I hate Triple Triad, so chances are I never have Gilgamesh/Laguna's card.

Can't... resist... urge to say: Ultima Weapon is harder than Omega! :greenie:

Seriously... I've defeated them BOTH without any other junctioning than the commands like item, magic, GF etc, without using invinsible making cheat items (hero/holy war) AND with the least powerful weapon for each character! And no, I didn't use Armagedon Fists or The End. And Ultima Weapon is harder, in my opinion. If you give me a party that it's possible to beat Omega with, I'll guarantee that I'll be able to kick Omegas ass with it as well. :cool:

Erm... anyways... Ozma is not THAT hard. He's just... random.

KuRt
05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I just love the guy. itīs totally random and you get the robe of the lords from him by stealing (i think itīs easier to steal it from Ozma than to get hellish amount of chocobo points)

And still, Iīve heard someone has killed him/her/it with party of lvl1. How is that?

Alexander
05-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Why do you steal Robe of Lords from Ozma if you can get one from Stelazzio side quest and synth them at Hades? XDD

And well, you do that Lv1 Challenge (you don't level up, plain and simple) and uses a whole Lv1 party to beat Ozma. It requires some annoying things and it is REALLY hard XD

Ultima Shadow
05-20-2005, 06:50 PM
And still, Iīve heard someone has killed him/her/it with party of lvl1. How is that?
I, Necronopticous and some others have done it. Fighting Ozma himself with a level 1 party is actually not all that hard. It's the way to Ozma with the level 1 party that really is very, very hard and frustrating. In my opinion, the FFVI no leveling challange was much harder.

KuRt
05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
But.. Could you shortly explain what you did in the battle to kill ozma? LVL 1 chars donīt have much mp to cast spells to ozma, LVL1 chars donīt have much strenght to deal good damage to ozma..

Alexander
05-20-2005, 07:43 PM
But.. Could you shortly explain what you did in the battle to kill ozma? LVL 1 chars donīt have much mp to cast spells to ozma, LVL1 chars donīt have much strenght to deal good damage to ozma..

You can use items to hurt (Dead Pepper, Dark Matter) and heal (the jewels). And Thievery, Dragon's Crest and Limit Glove cause fixed damage.

Thievery is (Numner of Successful Steals) x 12
Dragon's Crest is (Nunmber of Grand Dragons you killed) x (Number of Grand Dragons you killed). Or something like that. I don't know if only Grand Dragons affect Dragon's Crest and other dragons do, as well.
Limit Glove is simple. Causes 9999 damage when Quina has 1 HP.

Tanwen Strife
05-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I read somewhere that Ozma is easier to beat if you've visited all the Friendly Monsters. Maybe that's why some people think its hard and others think its easy.

KuRt
05-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Well, when you give every friendly monster a gem they want, ozma comes to close range so you can hit him/her/it with normal attacks, not only magic.

SoftReset
05-22-2005, 05:57 AM
"Thievery is (Numner of Successful Steals) x 12"

[(Successful steals * Zidane's Speed stat) / 2] = Thievery damage.

"I read somewhere that Ozma is easier to beat if you've visited all the Friendly Monsters. Maybe that's why some people think its hard and others think its easy."

Ozma will become weak to Shadow-elemental attacks in addition to being within range of physical attacks if you've completed the friendly monster sidequest. This mean that everytime he uses Doomsday he'll be hitting himself for 9000 + damage.

Ultima Shadow is right about beating Ozma with a Lv.1 party being easier than getting to Ozma with Lv.1 characters. During a few events you're completely reliant on Vivi's Stop or Quina's Needle Fork + Add Status, and at Lv.1 the success rate of either is abysmally low.

ThroneofDravaris
05-23-2005, 05:32 AM
I read somewhere that Ozma is easier to beat if you've visited all the Friendly Monsters. Maybe that's why some people think its hard and others think its easy.

No, I found him easy without finding all of the friend...I'm lazy.

eestlinc
05-23-2005, 06:13 AM
He's definitely easier if you complete the friendly monsters quest, but he's beatable either way.

KuRt
05-23-2005, 06:18 PM

You can use items to hurt (Dead Pepper, Dark Matter) and heal (the jewels). And Thievery, Dragon's Crest and Limit Glove cause fixed damage.

Thievery is (Numner of Successful Steals) x 12
Dragon's Crest is (Nunmber of Grand Dragons you killed) x (Number of Grand Dragons you killed). Or something like that. I don't know if only Grand Dragons affect Dragon's Crest and other dragons do, as well.
Limit Glove is simple. Causes 9999 damage when Quina has 1 HP.
But grand dragons come only in pack of 1 so everytime you kill one you get exp and so, no more lvl 1.

Or i think somewhere might come pacs of 2.... Do they?? :confused:

Ultima Shadow
05-23-2005, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Alexander]
But grand dragons come only in pack of 1 so everytime you kill one you get exp and so, no more lvl 1.

Or i think somewhere might come pacs of 2.... Do they?? :confused:
You'll only encounter 1 at a time. And if you have virus on your characters, they won't gain any EXP which allows them to defeat Grand Dragons (and any other enemy as well) without gaining any levels.

SoftReset
05-23-2005, 08:03 PM
You can power up Dragon's Crest while staying at Lv.1 by getting Zombie/Virus and fighting at Metalark Shores near Chocobo's Forest. On any Disk other than the 4th you'll encounter nothing but dragon-class enemies there, Ironites and Serpions. You can use that south gate fountain to restore Hp and Mp without losing Zombie status.

"I don't know if only Grand Dragons affect Dragon's Crest and other dragons do, as well."

All dragon-class enemies affect Dragon's Crest damage, even bosses.

KuRt
05-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I just started the LVL 1 Ozma challenge and i can say Sealion is bitchy.. But Iīll think a clever strategy against him :)

louby_4eva
05-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I can't beat Ozma, it is REALLY hard. It's killed me loads of times, so eventually I gave up, I'll try it again soon though.

Smile and Be happy :love:

FinalLethal
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
ozma is a piece of crap. Hands down he is the worst designed boss i have ever seen before. Maybe the people at Square had a mental block when thinking of a cool optional boss, because i hardly find a rotating ball fun to fight.

Bring back omega weapon, he might not be as tough, but at least he looks the part.

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2005, 12:52 PM
ozma is a piece of crap. Hands down he is the worst designed boss i have ever seen before. Maybe the people at Square had a mental block when thinking of a cool optional boss, because i hardly find a rotating ball fun to fight.

Poor boy. Do you even know what you are saying? :(

Beachball 4 life!!! :D

FinalLethal
05-27-2005, 12:57 PM
yeah, im saying ozma is a poor attempt at a boss :choc2:
You dont play these games to fight objects you could find in your house, you play these games to fight big dragons and other cool looking shizen. :tongue:

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Actually... I just love the idea of a super boss who looks like a weird object. :D

Redfield
05-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Hehe nothing wrong with a giant rotating beach ball^^
i only know one person who has defeated Ozma... so in answer to the question... CHA lol... i'm pitiful and can't do it either... dark aeons? no problem... but Ozma? lol

My name is...something..?
05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I owned Ozma. I didn't even go after all the animals.I never saw why people thought he was hard.

KuRt
05-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Stuck at gizalmukes grotto with lvl1 party.. Itīs just so frikinī hard to try petrify those black mages since they have a superior speed...

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Stuck at gizalmukes grotto with lvl1 party.. Itīs just so frikinī hard to try petrify those black mages since they have a superior speed...
Yes, I hate that place.

Potions are your friends. :greenie:

KuRt
05-31-2005, 03:30 PM
had to use 64 potions in those 2 battles. also i used tents on the mages and used antidotes to them so they were helpless :D

whitechoco
06-01-2005, 01:16 AM
If ozma is in ffix where can i find it? XD

KuRt
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
In chocobo air garden talk to a large rock a couple of times

BackRoomKid
06-01-2005, 09:26 PM
any screen shot of this "beast" ?

Ultima Shadow
06-01-2005, 09:35 PM
http://img156.echo.cx/img156/7365/ozma6zx.gif

MAS82587
06-02-2005, 12:19 AM
i beat ozma and people are 100% right when they say he attacks randomly and totally without warning. i beat him with a lv 65 zidane and everyone else was under lv 65. in order to beat him just keep using attacks that do 9999 and hope he doesnt use meteor or doomsday. a lot of beating ozma is pure luck.