PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails-With Teeth

Sephex
05-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Finally, the new NIN album is here. I was the first one in the store at Best Buy, I drove to a secluded location, and I sat back and listened to the album in my car. Here is a track by track review of With Teeth.

All The Love In The World- This is a very good opening track. It has all the elements of a great NIN song. Cool piano and layer upon layer of odd sounds. Trent's vocals are a little different from normal, but it works with this song.

You Know What You Are?- Classic Nine Inch Nails aggression. Loud guitars backed by a subtle piano.

The Collector- An energetic song that kind of reminds me of the Pretty Hate Machine days. Not so much the way it actaully sounds, but how the song flows and feels.

The Hand That Feeds- If you listen to the radio, you have probably heard this song. This is the current single right now. Some NIN elitists are a little hard on this song. I personally think it's great. It sounds fresh, but at the same time has many familar NIN elements to it.

Love Is Not Enough- Intresting drums, and a cool guitar. This song reminds me of that same type of attitude of a Cure song.

Every Day Is Exactly The Same- This song could be another radio hit if it gets airplay. But that's not the reason why it's good. This is another NIN song where Trent decided to overload the song with emotion. This might end up as my favorite track.

With Teeth- Once again, odd vocals for Trent. However, this song carries a exquisite drume beat and nice interlude. Great title track.

Only- I know NIN is making a video for this song, so it will probably be the next single. This is an incredibly danceable song, and I love it. I love the uncaring attitude Trent carries in this one.

Getting Smaller- I love how fast this song sounds. It sounds like Trent just went crazy and had a lot of fun with this song. This is one of those tracks that will be real fun to listen to live.

Sunspots- Great bass. The build up in this song comes out of nowhere. Has some disturbing lyrics, but hey, it's NIN. Oh, and a "nothign can stop me now" is thrown in there. Classic.

The Line Begins To Blur- This song has a far away feeling. I don't know what else to say about it. I felt like I was somewhere else while listening to it. It just took me away.

Beside You In Time- This song gave me the chills. As said before, a lot of emotion was poured into this one. Right when you think the song is coming to a close, it comes right back at you and punches you in the face. Plus, it slides perfectly into...

Right Where It Belongs- I can see a lot of NIN fans comparing this one to "The Great Below" and "Hurt" because of the piano and how it generally sounds depressing. However, I feel it takes a life of it's own. I love the lyrics, and it was a perfect closer to a great album.

Overall- I feel the album creeps up on you like a predator. Once it has you in its jaws (or teeth, lol) it doesn't let you go. It's too early for me to comapre it to other NIN albums, but I know that I enjoyed it. It was well worth the wait.

Fun Facts:

*First NIN album in six years.
*Fastest NIN album ever recorded (yeah, it took six years, but Trent started to work on it last year).
*The album containts no lyric book or credits. However, there is a site address you can go to that will let you download lyrics, artwork, and credits.
*Trent recently fought and beat his addiction to alcohol, and says this is the first record he has done sober. He says that he feels so energetic that if he wasn't on tour, he would be working on another album.

Necronopticous
05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
In my opinion With Teeth is already my favorite Nine Inch Nails album, however, this could just be because I've played their other stuff so much throughout the years. It's definately nice to hear some nice fresh Nine Inch Nails material. And concerning Trent kicking his alcoholism, that's even better news than the new album.

Rye
05-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the review. I've been interested in buying this CD as someone sent me a NIN song before and it was good, nice and dark. So, I think I'll buy it next week, once I get some more money.

starlet
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
You can actually listen to the album on myspace!
NIN official Myspace Page (http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=11794012&Mytoken=20050503115725)
But you need the plugin for it.

boris no no
05-03-2005, 09:41 PM
its a fab album!! i got it today!
plus we lucky brits get 2 extra tracks!
Home - very good. nice NIN drums and lots of moooood! very funky!

right where it belongs 2 - a better version of the album one!!

i love NIN.; they've been my fav band for ages!
one of the first albums i ever got was the downward spiral soon after it came out. first band (other then hanson) i really got into.
i think that trent rezoner is a genious and have never been credeted enough for his music. he's way better then marilyn manson when it comes to industrial.
he's in a league of his own and the new album proves that he's even better then before!!
all rise for the best album yet this millenium!
*rise*
:D :D

edczxcvbnm
05-03-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't care enough any more!

Pure Strife
05-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Pretty much the only reason I listen to NIN is Trent's voice. He could have been singing the Barney The Dinosaur intro theme as long as he was doing that half-screaming, half-singing thing he does and I wouldn't care. So yeah, I'm liking the album so far.

Casey
05-04-2005, 06:15 AM
The last two songs Ive been listening to on repeat. Good album, NIN. :D

-N-
05-04-2005, 08:03 AM
I heard these tracks live at Coachella on Sunday. It was pretty cool. They rock.

Sephex
05-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the review. I've been interested in buying this CD as someone sent me a NIN song before and it was good, nice and dark. So, I think I'll buy it next week, once I get some more money.

If you want a dark NIN song, try "And All That Could Have Been".

Shoeberto
05-05-2005, 01:55 AM
I don't care for the single. Can't say much for anything else since I haven't really listened to any of NIN's other stuff.

Excelsior
05-05-2005, 05:38 AM
damn, i wanna get this album so bad >_<!! today was like, the perfect day to listen to it to, it was all foggy and stuff over here. we might get a thunderstorm, which would totally set the mood for a new NIN album though.

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 05:11 PM
NIN = Iri's favorite Band.
Sunspots has Legend of Zelda background music.

Dreddz
05-05-2005, 10:02 PM
I guess NIN are ok
But still not my type of music

Excelsior
05-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Sunspots has Legend of Zelda background music.

it does!?!? what!? where!?? how!?!?

Rye
05-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I just bought the CD. It's pretty damn good. My favourite songs off of it were Only, The Hand that Feeds, You Know What You Are, Love is not Enough, and Right Where It Belongs.