PDA

View Full Version : Green Day

Spiffing Cheese
05-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Does anybody else think they have gone WAY downhill since Dookie? All of their old stuff was so great - first album in particular - but American Idiot sucks! Out of so many songs, I only like 2 of them!

Garnie
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
GREENDAY IS GREAT!!!! i love them but i dont think there going down hill at all.

JaytodaP
05-03-2005, 08:23 PM
actually, american idiot made a lot of money when it first came out

Spiffing Cheese
05-03-2005, 08:38 PM
actually, american idiot made a lot of money when it first came out

Just because something earns a lot of money doesn't mean it's good

Shoeberto
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
The problem with American Idiot is that it's hailed as a rock opera. However, even when picking apart the lyrics and listening to it over and over again, you can't even tell there's a story going on. Just a bunch of songs with a few re-used names and words. It doesn't go together at all.

Rye
05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
It was okay, tolerable. I like about 3 songs off of it. No, probably 2. I used to like Boulevard of Broken Dreams but ugh, it's repulsing now. Old people, stop singing Green Day to try and be "hip" because you're just killing it for others.

Dr.K
05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
All of it up to Nimrod got my passionate approval. Warning was ok, Shenanigans a nice, er, 'breather', and I think American Idiot has it's strong points, but also numerous bad points. It's just gone a bit too overboard methinks, there's like a Green Day explosion at the moment, and when you look at what's causing it, it's an average-quality album.

NM
05-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Imo, the only poor Green Day album is Warning.

XxSephirothxX
05-03-2005, 10:10 PM
I haven't heard all of their music, but the only two songs I know of that I like are Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). If there are any other songs of these types by them I'd like to know. I listened to most of American Idiot and hated it. Punk and modern rock is crap, for the most part.

Pure Strife
05-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Anyone else long for the good old days when Billie Joe tended to just sing about getting high, hating things and jerking off?

Flamethrower
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
American Idiot is good, but not great. Probably their worst album so far, but all of the others were so great, that doesn't make it bad.

I haven't heard all of their music, but the only two songs I know of that I like are Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). If there are any other songs of these types by them I'd like to know.

Try Macy's Day Parade.

Shlup
05-03-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't think Warning and American Idiot suck, but they're certainly not as good as pretty much every other album. I hated the "Warning" single. :p

I hate it when bands get political, so American Idiot can kiss my ass. I'll stick to singing along with "Long View" and "She."

Levian
05-03-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't like the song "American Idiot", but the album had several good songs. That song is just too "I'm a teen and I'm badass and did I mention that I'm badass? Cus I am", but Boulevard of Broken Dreams was good. Of course you say this album sucks, it's because it's popular, and you don't like what everybody else likes, do you? No, you don't. You hate popular music just because it's popular. *provokes* :scary:

American Idiot wasn't a bad album. The whole band has evolved through the years and they're better at instruments and vocals. Sure, they had good songs back then, but y'knowwhatImean. :cool:

Aurey
05-03-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't like them. Never have.

All of their stuff just sounds the same to me. But that's just my opinionnn, of course.

ZeZipster
05-03-2005, 11:52 PM
They're soooooo overplayed. I'm sorry, but once I tried counting how many times I heard them on the radio in just 2 days.

I lost count.

Dante WolfWood
05-04-2005, 12:15 AM
I dont care what anyone, I believe american idiot is a great CD, ESPECIALLY for the Few GREAT songs on there:
NovaCaine
Wake me up when september ends
Are we are waiting
Jesus Of Suburbia
Holiday

Those are all great songs and the others arent THAT bad, so IMO, its pretty good, its just alot of people fear change and thats what happened, Green day Matured and changed

And to the comment about them being too old, if it wasnt for the old people, none of the new would have anything to look up to! and the Old people are usually the best musicians! you mean to tell me CHEVELLE live sounds better than Green day live or Red Hot Chili Peppers Live? Well, you need to get off that sh*t your taking. (I know its hard to compare those different types of music but just compare the showmanship and the ability to play the intrument, The "Old Skool" is the greatest!)

Dingo Jellybean
05-04-2005, 04:49 AM
I really don't like punk, but I do like Green Day.

I'm trying to get all of Green Day's US albums. I have all of them except for Kerplunk, Warning, and 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.

Good Riddance was really the song that brung me into liking Green Day. I actually enjoyed American Idiot more than any of their other albums, but American Idiot sounds the most different from all other GD albums.

I do agree that BoBD is severely overplayed. I even hate listening to it on my iPod now, but eh. I do like Wake Me Up When September Ends and Jesus of Suburbia on AI. The bonus tracks on the AI EP are nothing special though.

Martyr
05-04-2005, 05:17 AM
Welcome to Paradise, obviously, is a spectacular song.

And that's all that is really necessary to know.

Spiffing Cheese
05-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Anyone else long for the good old days when Billie Joe tended to just sing about getting high, hating things and jerking off?

Yup.

Of course you say this album sucks, it's because it's popular, and you don't like what everybody else likes, do you? No, you don't. You hate popular music just because it's popular. *provokes*

:rolleyes2 The reason I think they've gone downhill is because they HAVE!!! The old albums rocked, but I think International Superhits was stupid. It's like, wow! Lots of songs you've sang before!! And for your information, quite a lot of the music I like is popular music. Quite frankly, Bouvelard of Broken Dreams was a pile of dog poo.

The song American Idiot was pretty awesome and so was Holiday, but the rest are so brain-numbingly boring I actually considered ripping out my eyelashes just for something to do.

I hate it when bands get political, so American Idiot can kiss my ass. I'll stick to singing along with "Long View" and "She."

I can't say I agree with that. Sometimes it's awesome when bands get political and start complaining about the government and stuff. Especially when NOFX did it. :D

Perducci
05-04-2005, 06:06 PM

Me.
IMO, American Idiot is their worst album.

Dreddz
05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Greenday smell cause they are a rock band
They all smell, all gel there hair and all make s**t music

Spiffing Cheese
05-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Greenday smell cause they are a rock band
They all smell, all gel there hair and all make s**t music

Are you talking about ALL rock bands, or Green Day? Get a life. "They all smell" - how childish can you get.