PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Circle

Rye
05-03-2005, 10:43 PM
They're one of my favourite bands. I think they're underrated, though they get more attention that they used to. I love Maynerd's voice, it's unique and great. I like how the music is dark. :)

Their first CD was good, but I don't listen to it much, so I don't know if it's as good as their second, Thirteenth Step. I love Thirteenth Step. My favourite songs off of it are Weak and Powerless, The Noose, Blue, The Outsider and Pet. All great songs.

I recently bought their eMOTIVe CD, it's pretty good too. My favourite songs off of it were Annihilation, Imagine, and Passive. I was dissapointed a bit that a lot of the songs were just peace and war songs by others that they redid. I think Passive and one other songs are the only ones on there made by them only. Still a good album.

On Mer de Noms, my favourite songs are The Hollow, Magdalena, and 3 Libras. I need to listen to this album much more.

What do you feel about APC?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-04-2005, 01:17 AM
After reading what you said, I went to I-tunes and listened to them for a while. They are very good, and I plan to buy some of their CD,s now. Thanks to you.

fire_of_avalon
05-04-2005, 05:22 AM
I think they appeal to a different audience than Tool, but I like them both so i totally own the man.

Ashi
05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
I like APC. My favorite song is Weak and Powerless. I liked Magdalena, too. But yeah... not many people I know seem to have heard of them.

Pure Strife
05-04-2005, 07:42 PM
It has James Iha. James Iha was in the Smashing Pumpkins. Therefore, APC kickass.

And the music is pretty good too.

Shoeberto
05-04-2005, 08:41 PM
My friend really got into them. When I was at his house, we listened to one of their CDs on loop for like two hours. I didn't particularly care for them but I'd listen to them now.

Skogs
05-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I've seen them live. They were pretty good.

Luc
05-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I like them a lot. One of my favorite bands.

I own all of their CD's, I think. They're a really good band and I love Maynard's voice, as well.

Tool is pretty good too.

Strawberry Gashes
05-06-2005, 02:40 PM
A Perfect Circle, side project of Tool or not, isn't really all that great. Sure, they have some decent songs, but as a whole they're not really that good.

Strider
05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I prefer Mer de Noms to Thirteenth Step, but that isn't meant as a slight toward the latter.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
my favorite of their cd's is eMOTIVe.

Chibi Angel
05-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I haven't listened to them a whole lot but they seem pretty good. I like the song blue.

boris no no
05-06-2005, 11:49 PM
got mer de noms whern it first came out loved it. got out of the loop of music (got poor so couldn't buy anything) and now suddenly they ahve like 2 more albums! havn't got them yet. same happened with system of a down.....
shocking

but yeah i loved mer de noms not heard any of their newer stuff

Rostum
05-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I like APC, but I prefer Tool still.