PDA

View Full Version : The gamefaqs villain poll begins- so how much will sephy win by?

Wiegrahf42
05-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Well joy looks like we get to look forward to another victory for the fanboys. I say this as a rallying cry! Old School gamers Unite! Ultros is coming soon in the polls and Kefka can't be too far off, we cannot let them lose! Remember that famous picture when Truman was elected over Dewey out of the blue? What I want to see is Kefka (or even better, Ultros) Holding aloft a newspaper in triumph with the words "Sephiroth defeats Kefka" on the front page.

omnitarian
05-04-2005, 12:07 AM
What I want to see is Kefka (or even better, Ultros) Holding aloft a newspaper in triumph with the words "Sephiroth defeats Kefka" on the front page.
:exdee:

I just hope Giygas gets past round one. :-/

strawberryman
05-04-2005, 12:17 AM
I say we just find any and all FF7 fanboys, tie them up, and force them to watch one of us play FF6 for a week straight.
That should set them somewhat straight. Either that or traumatize them for life because of...

T3H SUXX0RS GR4PH1C5!
But saying that, whos complaining? :shifty:

ZeZipster
05-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Pfft... only losers play FF.

Losers.

Rase
05-04-2005, 01:52 AM
He'll win by 3,496 votes, I already checked.

Del Murder
05-04-2005, 02:46 AM
The FF Character Tournament (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16) is better. :cool:

Lord Chainsaw
05-04-2005, 03:11 AM
Some of those characters that got nominated for the tournament make me very sad. Lavos got in. Sin got in. I don't know if fanboy is the right word, but you know something is amiss when you have those two in a greatest villain tournament.

By the way, I'm voting Sigma all the way. I also put two joke nominations on Giza from Dragon View and Malkil from Wizards & Warriors. Neither got in. Big thing for awhile on LUE was trying to nominate Gravity from Tetris. Needless to say despite all of us LUEsers' nominations, Cjayc just decided it wouldn't be in the tournament.

Wiegrahf42
05-04-2005, 03:27 AM
If Id or Grahf aren't in it.... *cross swings back in forth in front of vision* Every game poll I see FVII steamrollers everything. *sigh* Oh and Wiegrahf! I can always dream...

Rase
05-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Big thing for awhile on LUE was trying to nominate Gravity from Tetris. Needless to say despite all of us LUEsers' nominations, Cjayc just decided it wouldn't be in the tournament.

XD

Dreddz
05-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Im gonna go X-death if he comes up

Lich3636
05-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Im a FFVII fan and I beilive Ultros should win He was one of the best bosses ever silly octopus

TheAbominatrix
05-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Every GameFaqs tournament has the same result. Either Sephiroth wins, or Cloud wins. It's really boring.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2005, 01:48 AM
And which characters other people think are the best is really the last thing you should ever care about.

Lord Chainsaw
05-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Every GameFaqs tournament has the same result. Either Sephiroth wins, or Cloud wins. It's really boring.

Except for the fact that out of the three character tournaments the site has hosted, Link has one 2 of the 3. Cloud has won one, and Sephiroth has yet to win one (although we can probably count this one as a win for him).

TheAbominatrix
05-10-2005, 05:01 AM
It depends on what the subject is. If Cloud and Sephiroth are included, they win. Cloud wins so much that they've talked about not including him in further tournaments.

Lord Chainsaw
05-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't think we're talking about the same things here. You might be referring to last summer's Greatest Game Ever tournament where Final Fantasy VII won.

I'm referring to the actual character tournaments. Of the three greatest character tournaments the site has held, Link has won two, and Cloud has one won. That means Cloud has lost twice, once being to Link in the finals, the other to none other than Mario. The one time that Cloud did beat Link was when they used his Kingdom Hearts version and put it against the "Celda" version of kiddy Link. In other words, CjayC heavily stacked the odds in Cloud's favor that year because he didn't want Link to win a second year in a row. Sephiroth has never won. He has lost to Link and Cloud.

It would be extremely hypocritical of the gamefaqs community to say Cloud should not be included when Link is the one who continues to win the tournaments. But I don't blame them. People have double standards when it comes to the FFVI/FFVII, A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time divide.

TheAbominatrix
05-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm just talking about their polls in general, where I continually see Cloud win. I dont know what polls they are, because I dont frequent the site, but I've seen it happen enough times and by enough of a margin to be permenantly annoyed with them.

Lindy
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM
All previous winners should be excluded from future competitions, plain and simple.

Samus needs a chance to win.

Agent Proto
05-12-2005, 03:03 AM
All previous winners should be excluded from future competitions, plain and simple.

Samus needs a chance to win.

I agree with this.

black orb
05-12-2005, 08:09 AM
>>> *Votes Sephiroth*