PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this game!!!

Fire_Emblem776
05-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Um was this game released before FF IV? I mean in 4 and 6 the menu has the charachters as human faces. And on FF V they are all litle sprits. And the backgrounds are not as impresive as 4 or 6. I know i am wrong but why does it seem that way?

And the script!! Oh god it sucks!! what was square thinking!! I prefer the emulatr/rom translation so much better..

But its still a kick ass game once you get past all that
didi jobs take up so much spacr we coudnt see ther faces!

rubah
05-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Then play the rom.

My guess as to why they don't have faces, would be because they wanted to show off their sprites.

And there's a friggin' lot of sprites. And a lot of them look awesome.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-04-2005, 01:25 AM
FFV actually has better graphics than FFIV, even if it's not a huge difference like comparing FFIV to FFVI.

And there aren't any portraits on the menu screen because they weren't about to draw a portrait for every character in every job class. Just like how FFII had the portraits but then FFIII, which employed the Job System, did not.

eestlinc
05-04-2005, 03:41 AM
but it sure is fun to play

DarkLadyNyara
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
And there aren't any portraits on the menu screen because they weren't about to draw a portrait for every character in every job class

that explains it then i see.

TasteyPies
05-05-2005, 11:27 PM
The main charicter wears green shoes, what a dweeb. :D

nik0tine
05-06-2005, 12:43 AM
At least he doesn't wear a fanny pack.

JaytodaP
05-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Graphics dont make a game good.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Actually, graphics play a large part in how enjoyable a game is.

rubah
05-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Amazing that I liked ff7 at all then:D

TasteyPies
05-06-2005, 02:43 AM
At least he doesn't wear a fanny pack.

Who wears a fanny pack?

Dreddz
05-06-2005, 06:19 PM
FFV has problems but now is my favourite FF by far
And probably will stay it

DJZen
05-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Good graphics make a sucky game more enjoyable. Bad graphics (and by bad I mean actually bad for their time, not just bad in retrospect) make a good game less cool, but a good game can still have mediocre graphics. On the other hand, a bad game with amazing graphics is still a bad game as far as I'm concerned. It's like having a lemon (read: bad car) with a spoiler, hydraulics, 20" spinning rims, ground lighting, etc...

JulioA
06-01-2005, 03:26 AM
I myself have never refrained from playing a game if the graphics arent as great as others, and of course graphics make a difference it makes you feel more in tune with the game, if that makes any sense.

Asura
06-03-2005, 12:16 AM

Hm, in my opinion, the graphics just need to be good enough that I can tell what the hell is going on. Super amazing graphics are only like...when you buy a t-shirt and there is a pretty (but useless) bow. You don't need the bow for the shirt to be enjoyable, but it's...

there. :grover:

Black Mage
06-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Don't judge a book by its cover.

I'll concede that graphics can make a game more or less enjoyable, but in my opinion, they can't dictate the quality of the game.

Text-based games, anyone?

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Not necessarily.

This game is awesome. Nothing is wrong about it. :greenie:

Shin Gouken
06-30-2005, 08:29 PM
the script is terrible. but the game itself is the best game ive ever played. the script is a flaw in 90% of the games ive played. a bad script doesnt affect how much i enjoy the game. mind you, if they re-wrote the script, i wouldnt complain

crashNUMBERS
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
True. Especially with the different class layout...

MoonZapdos
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Um was this game released before FF IV? I mean in 4 and 6 the menu has the charachters as human faces. And on FF V they are all litle sprits. And the backgrounds are not as impresive as 4 or 6. I know i am wrong but why does it seem that way?

And the script!! Oh god it sucks!! what was square thinking!! I prefer the emulatr/rom translation so much better..

But its still a kick ass game once you get past all that
didi jobs take up so much spacr we coudnt see ther faces!
In that case, save your money and play the rom.