PDA

View Full Version : When you land your career...

Dingo Jellybean
05-04-2005, 05:26 AM
...do you plan to keep your current job?

Personally, I do. I do plan to be a teacher during the day and still keep my cashier job at night. Besides, when I get my degree, I'll make close to $15/hr (I'm making $13.70/hr now), and not to brag...but anyone in my position would probably still keep a job like that unless you have another job that can pay 6 figures.

Maybe that will change when I start a full-time family, but for now...that's what I want. A few years ago I didn't want kids, now I want like...3 daughters. So yeah, maybe I'll change my mind a few years from now.

Martyr
05-04-2005, 05:28 AM
My career is lounging around my dad's house and my job is asking him for dough So I can make pizza's.

So I'll probably drop all of it soon and follow my passion of making money as a full time forumite, yea.

Shlup
05-04-2005, 05:54 AM
You plan on teaching during the day and being a cashier at night? DJ, you're such a nut.

I don't currently have a job; I take almost a double load at school instead. I plan to work, albiet passionately, as little as possible before spending some time barefoot and pregnant.

The Captain
05-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Being a fulltime teacher is truly a fulltime job, as you'll have to plan for everything that can come up, ranging from work that kids can do when they finish the required work for the day or class, to work that can be done if you're sick, to planning ahead so that you stay on schedule and meet all the demands of the class. Most teachers will tell you that their summer vacation isn't just a perk, but a matter of keeping sane because of the workload.

Take care all.

Casey
05-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Currently in the guard for 6 years, then my contract expires, and Ill probably be done with college by then. Probably re-enlist and become a MARINE, and after Im done serving, maybe become a teacher also. :) Maybe a gym teacher... it's so much easier, and you pretty much get paid the same as any other teacher right?

Rainecloud
05-04-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm a Print Finisher, and I'm very happy in my job. There's a lot involved (designing, laminating, proof reading, answering the telephone, dealing with customers, typing and negotiating), but I just about manage to keep my head together when I'm rushing around in a mad panic.

So, yes, I intend to stay in this job for as long as I can.

Loony BoB
05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I plan to work, albiet passionately, as little as possible before spending some time barefoot and pregnant.
Me too!

I already have a job I can make a career out of and there's no way in hell I'd have a second job on top of it. Anyone who has worked more than say... 70 hours in a week will know that it's not a good thing to do on a regular basis. I did it once and ended up collapsing and being taken to hospital. Not the greatest time of my life, regardless of the money I made. I had to take a week off work because of that and it ended up taking money out of my pocket rather than adding into it.

gokufusionss1
05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
finish uni in june, hope to get a job as civil engineer for 21k a year, but keeping my options open may still join the army.l

Del Murder
05-05-2005, 05:38 AM
The point of a career is so I don't have to work this crappy job.

Calliope
05-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Hey, someone has to mod around here!

Yamaneko
05-05-2005, 05:44 AM
I'll probably keep my job of mooching off my parents.

eestlinc
05-05-2005, 05:45 AM
lol at Nicky.

I quit doing part-time teaching when I got promoted into my salaried position because I wanted to have time to relax after work and spend time working on my music. I could use a little more money, but the extra time I get to devote to what I truly enjoy is so much more valuable.

Quina
05-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Of course I am! I'm only two positions shy of fry supervisor.

SMF's Pineapple Twazzock
05-05-2005, 01:44 PM
im doing my gcse and ten going to college i have not throught about getting a job

Caspian
05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Currently in the guard for 6 years, then my contract expires, and Ill probably be done with college by then. Probably re-enlist and become a MARINE, and after Im done serving, maybe become a teacher also. :) Maybe a gym teacher... it's so much easier, and you pretty much get paid the same as any other teacher right?

Gym teacher.

"Yeah, I'd like to be a teacher, but I don't wanna have to read. How about dodgeball for 40 years?"

Anyway, once I obtain my degree, I'll most likely be working at a bookstore or restaurant, so I'll definitely be dropping that and moving to China once their leader dies and capitalism hits them in the face like a 30-pound cinder block.

starlet
05-05-2005, 02:48 PM
i wanna be in character design. Id love to be an apprentice of Tetsuya Nomura :D but thats just a dream...