PDA

View Full Version : Quantam Physics (is that spelt right?)

Ism
05-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Ok, Who knows anything about Quantam Psysics. Well if ya do post it here I guess.

Ok, few questions! Please keep in mind I am in grade 9

1) Tell me what your theories are about where the electrons go?
2) Is it possible to live on positive thinking?
3) If the electrons pop in and out of existense, why dont atoms create a postive charge? I mean, if the protons are always there but the electrons dissappear and reappear wouldnt the protons keep creating positive charges?
4) Is it possible to be in more then one place at once? (cause I heard that they had a little visible ball in two places at once)
5) If mental stimuli can turn water into a snowflake then couldnt negative thoughts kill us?
6) If I dont believe the computer is possible, then I wont see it. but can i feel it?

Please tell me your thoughts and any more questions you have.

-N-
05-04-2005, 08:27 AM
0. It's Quantum Physics.
1. The popular model is using differently shaped probability clouds. S-orbits are spherical, P, D, F, G-orbits are more complex. Electrons do not orbit nuclei per se, they make quantum leaps, and are most likely to be found in those probability clouds.
2. What the hell does that have to do with Quantum?
3. Electrons don't disappear anywhere...
4. Oh dear. I say no. If so, it would probably involve moving faster than light.
5. What are you talking about?
6. What does that have to do with Quantum?

udsuna
05-04-2005, 08:37 AM
0. Quantum Physics is the study of the behavior of "quanta"... which are waveform and materials that are both particle and energy (electrons, photons, heat energy, sonic vibration, and magnetic fields). As well as some other atomic and sub-atomic things that are too complex to go into right now.

1. Electrons travel on the outside of a nucleus, or when free, are electrical currents that can zap, or electrocute, you. But also serve allow your brain to function.

2. Uh... quanta and waves don't give a damn what you do. Think all you like, and it might even work, but it'll have nothing to do with quantum behaviors.

3. Electrons don't disappear. The CAN'T disappear... but they move *really* fast, and they can (presumably) transform into photons, it seems. Because electrical energy quickly and easily transforms into light energy. And vice-versa. Oh, and yes, light appears to have a negative static charge. Maybe they're as related as ice and water.

4. Uh, this has nothing to do with quanta, and it doesn't appear to be possible. But, it DOES seem possible to allow two *places* to exist in the same place at the same time (a principle they're trying to work out to create worm-holes and faster-than-light travel). Which is definately something they're hoping quantum physics can unlock.

5. Yes, negative thoughts CAN kill you. Enough stress will destroy your body, and you can always pick up a gun and shoot yourself and/or people around you. What this has to do with quanta, I couldn't tell you.

6. Only in a magical pixie-land where it rains doughnuts.

Yes, I have a question. Who taught you this crap, and why isn't said individual locked in the Bellevue aylum ward?

Shlup
05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
1) To other ions? Electrons are such whores.
2) Since when are we fuled by posivity? We're fuled by ATP. Or something.
3) Atoms create a positive, negative, or neutral charge depending on how many electrons they're attached to.
4) I wish.
5) Are you saying you want to melt my brain?
6) You'll still see it if it's right in your face... like my fist! *donkey punch*

Ism
05-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Just so you know I watched a movie called 'What the bleep do we know' It was about quantum physics.

And anyway, the Quantum Phsyicists explained all about it and one of the things they were talking about was http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/
about how positive thinking effected water in different ways.

Ok, they say its all about adiction, I eat food becuase im addicted.

If I didnt eat food then my cells would duplicate and tell the new cells 'ok look he doesnt eat so make less receptors for nutrients' and therefore i would need to eat less, Of course this experiment is hard as currently my cells are addicted to food.
I have to go now, but ill be back soon so look at the site. Ill explain more l8r.

EDIT: Im back.

Ok, now the movie was about how thinking and conciousness are both as physical as matter. Just because there is no way to touch,feel,hear,smell or taste them does not mean there dont exist. They can effect physical matter as much as using other matter can.

Exhibit A: Heavy Metal music. This is what happened when the played and thought about metal music to the water.
http://img159.echo.cx/img159/5040/heavymetalmusic8pu.th.jpg (http://img159.echo.cx/my.php?image=heavymetalmusic8pu.jpg)

Exhibit B: Mozart Music. This is what happened when they played mozart.
http://img41.echo.cx/img41/3476/watermozart3hu.th.jpg (http://img41.echo.cx/my.php?image=watermozart3hu.jpg)

Exhibit C: You-make-me-sick. This is what happened when they thought negative thoughts about the water.
http://img41.echo.cx/img41/3668/youmakemesick1cm.th.jpg (http://img41.echo.cx/my.php?image=youmakemesick1cm.jpg)

And exhibit D: Love-and-gratitude. This is what happened when they thought nice thoughts about the water.
http://img116.echo.cx/img116/5545/loveandgratitude9ni.th.jpg (http://img116.echo.cx/my.php?image=loveandgratitude9ni.jpg)

So you may not believe me, but that is WATER folks.

Nod
05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
um.........im not entirely sure, but I think you might be confusing super-string theory with Quantum Mechanics.
I know that what has already been posted about the Quantum is correct though.

udsuna
05-04-2005, 10:22 AM
WARNING: Fairly lengthy rant/explanation. Summary at bottom, for those too lazy to read entire thing.

Ah, yes, that old chestnut. The theory that matter, energy, even thought and time, are in their simplest forms indestinguishable from one another. Which would easily explain psychic phenomena, amongst other things.

I've been too closely touched by such experiences to completely disregard them, but I know your sources, and I wouldn't trust them to tell me if using a plutonium rod as a sex toy is a bad thing. In fact, anyone who looks closely enough at that web page would realize that it's complete bull from beginning to end. Technically true, if taken in miniscule statements, but mixed together in such a way as to be innacurate and misleading.

For example, those different-colored/shaped/etc. waters: he used purified water to "think positively" at. He used toxically poluted river-water to "think negatively" at. I assure you, think positively at that river water, and it'll still look the same. And hate the pure water all you want, that won't change it's formations, either. Unless your hate involves urinating in it, that could do something.

This work is a MOCKERY of the scientific method, and provides a highly distorted view of the truth. I could create similarly "improper" results in any area of study. I could poll and see if people believe in UFOs... if I wanted to make it appear that a great many people do so believe, I'd want to do it by standing in front of a sci-fi convention (you could get a 90% out of that). Or I could say a certain genetic disease is an "epidemic" by polling families of people whom were in the hospital being treated for the illness. You could get results of 20% (one in five) having a disease that really only affects 2-3% of the population.

So, check your sources, and CHECK THE MATERIAL, before believing stuff like this. I still think that psychic manipulation may even be possible, but this guy's version is so obviously rediculous and retarded... I openly mock anyone who is moronic enough to accept it as proving anything. Now, if he could achieve such results using the EXACT SAME MATERIALS (and he can't)... then I'd give him credence. Also, it's a known fact that exposing water to sonic vibration alters the formation of that water.

Seriously, this jackass is ruining the reputations of brilliant scientists experimenting is such "psychic" fields. Many, if not most, of whom are using true scientific methods, and true scientific records... not to mention getting true scientific results.

So, that site is complete crap, please understand that. It is not indicative of other paranormal researchers. Just the bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif of one stupid fraud.

disapointedchild
05-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, you spelled quantum physics right, but you seem to have mispelled "spelled."
Oh, and sadly physics arent my thing.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I've never even looked at that site, but as far as the music and the water goes, I'd say that's just normal physics - the stronger bass vibrations from the heavy metal music would obviously cause more chaotic ripples in water than Mozart, who would have a weaker bassline. Especially since the water looks like its vibrating to a section in which only strings are being played. I play in an orchestra, and see the water moving in my Nalgene all the time. It looks the same whether I play well or horribly. Any idea that sonic vibrations are some kind of weird emotion-based thought energy is just plain wacky and has no scientific basis. :rolleyes2