PDA

View Full Version : Do you workout?

KuRt
05-04-2005, 05:40 PM
well do tou? And if tou do, what do you do?

I do series of 100 with a 5kg weigh (5kg*100 per hand), 50 pushups, 75 stomachmuscle moves and 75 backmuscle thingies per day..

Kinda tough but hey, I got muscle.

Chris
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Yes I do, I have my own mini-gym in the basement.
I've been working out for about two-years now.

I'm so hot :cool:

ShivaBlizzard8
05-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Hmm, lets see:

* I dance for 3-4 hours a day Monday - Friday with my company.

* I take Pilates for an hour 2 days a week (thats all situps, pushups, muscle building, that kind of thing)

* I take yoga for 2 hours once a week to recover from the activities mentioned above.

*And I walk everywhere on campus, so that's about 20-40 minutes a day getting to work and classes and such.

So I'd say I'm in pretty good shape, LOL. :p

Chris
05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Lok at my muscles!

:D

Necronopticous
05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't work out, but I'm planning on starting once I start school at Cal Poly Pomona in January.

Chris
05-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Working out is great fun (I know it doesn't sound like it) but it really is.
Everybody should try it out; what good is sitting all boring at home?

Devourment
05-04-2005, 06:08 PM
I do yes, but not so much to gain bigger muscles, more to tone my body. So I use lower weights, but I use them more. Think of it as I want to get my body to look like Bruce Lee's.*dies* I'll never get a body as fit as that. Put I'm not that bothered about excercising (sp?) my body, I can woo girls without the need for a decent body. :joey: <--- See!

http://www.scoreextractor.com/homepage/f11.jpg

*dies again*

sephiroth JR
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
in one session (about 1 hour or more) i do 100 reps of 30-40kg,20 at a time.100 press ups,20 at a time.200 sit ups,40 at a time.

i do that work out about 3-4 times a week,that plus i go running and play squash.

Dr.K
05-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I exercise for around 1.5 hours, 4 times a week. Works wonders for stress management, I couldn't function without it really.

louby_4eva
05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I do some exercises, but not loads, some sit-ups, some of those funny sit-ups when you kinda twist your body, press-ups and these leg thingys. Press-ups are surprisingly hard.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Jess
05-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I try and do atleast 100 sit ups a day. :D

Shlup
05-04-2005, 07:51 PM
I do yoga four times a week followed by twenty minutes with the exercise ball. I haven't been doing it long enough to not be a fatty anymore though.

Pure Strife
05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I did till I hit 16, then I figured fuck it, I have better things to do. Like sitting down.

Dreddz
05-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I got better things to do
Like eating pie

Ashi
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
No. I have way below average athletic abilities. Working out would lead to my doom!

Ok, just kidding. I used to work out a lot when I was still in middle school/high school. But I dunno, just "phased out" later. I tried to get back to working out later. Friends dragged me to a martial arts class which I stopped going to (and hid from friends' wraths for weeks) because it nearly killed me. Tried to do some light aerobics for 30 minutes a few weeks ago, but my legs hurt for a while so I just gave up.

crazybayman
05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I hit the gym about 5 times a week (sometimes 4). My routine goes something like this:

Day 1 - Legs#1 and abs/core
Day 2 - Chest and Triceps
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Legs #2 and abs/core
Day 5 - Back and Biceps
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Shoulders with a bicep-tricep super-set

For back and chest days I do 3 or 4 different back/chest exercises and then go on 3 bi's/tri's exercises.

Legs #1 is: Squats, leg extension, and standing calf raises
Legs #2 is: lunges, hamstring curl, standing calf raises

I do almost all with deadweights (barbells and dumbells), and I've noticed some good gains in muscle so far.

boris no no
05-04-2005, 09:10 PM
yeah....i work out....
my fats just there for sentimental reasons xD
i;d miss it!
i'm tooooo lazy to worj out anyways xD

Itsunari 2000
05-04-2005, 09:40 PM
My level of physical fitness is very important to me.So I do various kinds of exercises to keep fit.
I'm fond of running/agility related stuff , always have been naturally agile, but I do pay attention to overall body conditioning - not in the interests of having huge, bulky muscles and becoming a clumsy beefcake , but staying lean and compact ... like coiled steel. :)

T-MaN
05-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I go running and biking every day for a total of 4 hours. Supposedly that is bad for you :rolleyes2 , but I don't give a $#--. It works out for my body to be toned. I really don't want all that muscle bulk. I'd rather have the average muscles and have a lot of agility like Spiderman instead of being huge like the Hulk or something.

gokufusionss1
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
i have a pull up bar i do one pull up a day.

sephiroth JR
05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
im doing a charity run this sunday for the childrens hospice ive raised £174.50 in sponsership money.the race is 6.2 miles/10km not too bad,well this is my 3rd time running it, ive got to beat last years time of 46mins

Meat Puppet
05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I have to lift my glass to drink out of it.

Chris
05-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I have to lift my glass to drink out of it.

"If it's hard doing, then it's not worth doing"

:rolleyes2

ZeZipster
05-04-2005, 11:56 PM
I've never worked out in the entirety of my life. I won't, either. Unless DDR counts. Then I have.

Skogs
05-05-2005, 12:32 AM
I do six hour-and-a-half water rowing sessions a week, as well as one land based rowing machine session and one circuits session. I do core stability (bench hold, side-hold, crucifix) before most of those sessions for about 4-5 minutes.

Yet, I'm still a bit overweight... :(

Our captain had us doing rate pyramids with core thrown in between each set today. My abs hurt... :eek:

Luc
05-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I do.

Weights, pushups, situps, running, etc.

Jojee
05-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah I'm so buff. ^^

http://www.tequilarainboston.com/images/buff.jpg

This is me.

Strider
05-05-2005, 01:12 AM
I walk a lot. And I lift some respectably heavy stuff at work.

TasteyPies
05-05-2005, 01:24 AM
I have some weights, don't have a strict regimen though. Just do it every once and a while when watching TV at night. I walk a mile every day as well.

I got better things to do
Like eating pie

I love you too

Nod
05-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah I'm so buff. ^^

http://www.tequilarainboston.com/images/buff.jpg

This is me.

Shame on you monkey stealing a pic of my body!

I work out sometimes; but not nearly enough!
At the moment i just make sure that i do stretches every day. If i work-out, i feel guilty for not studying.

:D :D

Halifax Housewife
05-05-2005, 02:45 AM

I do series of 100 with a 5kg weigh (5kg*100 per hand), 50 pushups, 75 stomachmusclemoves and 75 mabckmuscle thingies per day..

Per hand, every day? Hmm. You must have a LOT of protein because doing that everyday would tear your muscles apart, my friend. You can't work the same muscles everyday or you're going to LOSE muscle, due to the fact that you would be overstressing them. Also, pushups, "stomachmusclemoves" and "mabckmuscle" only give you a slight amount of muscle only if you are overweight. Now, by the sounds of it, you're not overweight, so you're basically gaining no muscle since you're not working any other body part. You're just toning your body by doing the things you just said (and losing muscle in your tri's and bi's). Pretty odd, if you ask me.

Anyways, I've been working out now for about 1 and a half years now. The gym is my other home. I've gained a lot of muscle (BF% has gone from 19% -> 5%!) and a lot of new friends. I don't go to the gym just to gain muscle, I go there because of the community as well.

I just got back from the gym, actually. Was working on my chest but I'm dissapointed as I didn't manage to do nearly enough weight that I wanted to on the incline bench. Ah well. My mind wasn't in the right state.

Anyone here take creatine? If so, what brand? I'm taking XPAND, which has creatine and mg.. very awesome stuff. Gives me a good boost in the gym.

Also,

I hit the gym about 5 times a week (sometimes 4). My routine goes something like this:

Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Back and Biceps
Day 6 - Rest

For back and chest days I do 3 or 4 different back/chest exercises and then go on 3 bi's/tri's exercises.

I do almost all with deadweights (barbells and dumbells), and I've noticed some good gains in muscle so far.

Good job man. Looks like you're doing it correctly, but if I may suggest something, try the freeweights. They're your best friend. You will gain SO much more muscle by going in the freeweight section. I promise.

Calliope
05-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Yes!

I say yes even though I haven't for the past two weeks due to being sick. I have recovered enough to make it to the letterbox without fainting though. The Blasted Bus Company has cashed in on this by striking, forcing me to walk for not particularly long to go catch the train. Squee!

[Dear immune system/lungs, hurry up and get better, I want to go back to the gime already~]

Ryth
05-05-2005, 03:01 AM
I only just started to lift weights with my dads weight set I did over an hour today. I'll do more tomorrow..

KuRt
05-05-2005, 08:57 AM

I do series of 100 with a 5kg weigh (5kg*100 per hand), 50 pushups, 75 stomachmusclemoves and 75 mabckmuscle thingies per day..

Per hand, every day? Hmm. You must have a LOT of protein because doing that everyday would tear your muscles apart, my friend. You can't work the same muscles everyday or you're going to LOSE muscle, due to the fact that you would be overstressing them.

Neva heard naything like that before.. I do it like this: 25 times with right, 25 left, 25 righjt, 25 left, 25 right, 25 left, 25 right and 25 left.

But, if that is so, I think i´d better do that just every other day

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Pah! Iri? Work out? Be serious.
I dance alot, but working out is sooo not my thing.

cloud.strife
05-05-2005, 11:37 AM
My workout consists of walking to the kitchen (about 2km),
making coffee and a sarmie and sitting on the couch.
I had to get a couch and put off getting
a graphic card for a while, so I use the couch as much as possible:D

Triple T
05-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Well, I don't work out, but I stretch when I wake up in the morning so I won't stiffen up and sometimes I randomly dance which increases heartbeat rate. ^_~

crazybayman
05-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Per hand, every day? Hmm. You must have a LOT of protein because doing that everyday would tear your muscles apart, my friend. You can't work the same muscles everyday or you're going to LOSE muscle, due to the fact that you would be overstressing them. Also, pushups, "stomachmusclemoves" and "mabckmuscle" only give you a slight amount of muscle only if you are overweight. Now, by the sounds of it, you're not overweight, so you're basically gaining no muscle since you're not working any other body part. You're just toning your body by doing the things you just said (and losing muscle in your tri's and bi's). Pretty odd, if you ask me.

True facts. You need days to rest and let your muscles repair themselves and grow.

Anyways, I've been working out now for about 1 and a half years now. The gym is my other home. I've gained a lot of muscle (BF% has gone from 19% -> 5%!) and a lot of new friends. I don't go to the gym just to gain muscle, I go there because of the community as well.

I just got back from the gym, actually. Was working on my chest but I'm dissapointed as I didn't manage to do nearly enough weight that I wanted to on the incline bench. Ah well. My mind wasn't in the right state.

Anyone here take creatine? If so, what brand? I'm taking XPAND, which has creatine and mg.. very awesome stuff. Gives me a good boost in the gym.

Good job!

Its true man, the gym is a great way to get out and meet new friends, and they will share some of the same interests, namely fitness. Plus I find working out in a gym much better than at home - there's more people around, which motivates you to lift more and work harder, and you can always get someone to spot you when you lift your maximal weight, which is where you get your gains in muscle.

I haven't bothered with creatine, just because of the amount of water I'd have to drink, and I'd be afraid I'd lose it all if I had to take a trip for work for a week or two, or decided to take a 2 week holiday down south to place where there's no creatine.

Also,

Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Back and Biceps
Day 6 - Rest

Good job man. Looks like you're doing it correctly, but if I may suggest something, try the freeweights. They're your best friend. You will gain SO much more muscle by going in the freeweight section. I promise.

Thanks bro. I do use free weights (barbells and dumbells, highlighted above), and I find it great. I've been making great gains, especially on the routine listed above.

Working out, and exercise in general is great. Besides getting more fit, you notice that you have more energy overall, and a more positive mindset.

Halifax Housewife
05-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, it's good to see a fellow EoFF'er working out to his fullest extent. Well, I strongly suggest taking XPAND (get it at your local protein supplier - $63 bucks for a 25 day supply), you take it 30 minutes before you workout and as soon as you finish working out you take another one. It's expensive, but well worth the investment. I've nearly doubled the amount of weight that I lift because of that. Also, I wouldn't worry about the water intake as you can simply take some omega 3 fatty acid vitamins and they'll keep your muscles intact incase you do go on a vacation somewhere. XPAND dosen't contain much creatine anyways, it's full of other good stuff.

On the other hand, what protein supplement are you taking? I'm currently drinking Isoplex Premium Whey.. it's good stuff. 100 Cal, 3 Carb, 32g of protein. The fruit punch flavor is disgusting, but I'm so used to the taste that I just gulp it down. Couldn't care less about the flavor, I just want the protein in my body. The best part about my body is that I have slow metabolism, so there is no need for myself to take a weight gain powder, such as Muscle Juice. I simply have to increase my carb count by about 120g's and I'll gain about 3-4 pounds every 2 weeks, which is perfect.

Del Murder
05-06-2005, 02:27 AM
I try to do some pullups and run around every once and a while.

Yamaneko
05-06-2005, 03:01 AM
I Jazzercise.

fire_of_avalon
05-06-2005, 03:33 AM
Nope. I'm a lazy ass. I should do something about that. I will later.

crazybayman
05-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it's good to see a fellow EoFF'er working out to his fullest extent. Well, I strongly suggest taking XPAND (get it at your local protein supplier - $63 bucks for a 25 day supply), you take it 30 minutes before you workout and as soon as you finish working out you take another one. It's expensive, but well worth the investment. I've nearly doubled the amount of weight that I lift because of that. Also, I wouldn't worry about the water intake as you can simply take some omega 3 fatty acid vitamins and they'll keep your muscles intact incase you do go on a vacation somewhere. XPAND dosen't contain much creatine anyways, it's full of other good stuff.

On the other hand, what protein supplement are you taking? I'm currently drinking Isoplex Premium Whey.. it's good stuff. 100 Cal, 3 Carb, 32g of protein. The fruit punch flavor is disgusting, but I'm so used to the taste that I just gulp it down. Couldn't care less about the flavor, I just want the protein in my body. The best part about my body is that I have slow metabolism, so there is no need for myself to take a weight gain powder, such as Muscle Juice. I simply have to increase my carb count by about 120g's and I'll gain about 3-4 pounds every 2 weeks, which is perfect.

Thanks, I'll check out XPAND at my local Heavy Weights.

As for Protein, I take ON's (Optimum Nutrition) Whey protein. Chocolate and Vanilla are actually very tastey, and can curb your craving for chocolate. It goes great with chocolate milk. I've tried other brands, like Prolab and Cylosport (yuuuuuk!), and this is by far the best tasting, with just about the best protein ratio (80% protein, and only 2g of fat, and 1 g of carbs, I think) per scoop. I actually take like 2 or 3 per day. One as a quick protein supply for breakfast with a slice of toast (I don't have time to cook eggs in my mad dash for work), and one after working out for recovery, and sometimes one as a snack, to cure the munchies, and get a good dose of protein. It makes it easier getting my 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight every day.

DMKA
05-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Nope. I'm a lazy ass. I should do something about that. I will later.

Halifax Housewife
05-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Try Isoplex. It has 100% whey protein, I beleive. Maybe it's 95%. One of the two. Yeah, my meal plan normally goes like this:

Breakfast: Protein shake, fruit, toast, oatmeal, glass of orange juice
Snack: Handful of nuts.. sometimes I have fruit. Depends.
Lunch: Anything from a whole wheat sandwich to a chicken salad
Snack: Protein Shake
Dinner: Fish, mainly.
Snack: Protein shake (For recovery)

I drink 4 litres of water in the course of a day, something that is extremely crucial for any bodybuilder to do, or anyone for that matter. The water also makes your muscles appear to be more ripped as well, which is beneficial (to me, I guess).

Another thing I take is these power vitamins (http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/product_item.asp?id=132) that has just about every crucial vitamin that a bodybuilder needs. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this vitamin to anyone in the gym. I notice a very big change in the amount of energy I have in the gym, and when I take it with XPAND, I can lift nearly triple the amount I can when I'm not taking both of the supplements.

Resha
05-06-2005, 07:19 PM
A few days ago, I swore most nobly to myself to run at least 15 suicides each day. I kept it up for 2 days. I'm taking a little break. THAT'S ALL. :sweat:

Halifax Housewife
05-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah, motivation is a very hard thing to do while doing any sort of exercise. What I did was set up a reward system for myself. For example, if I ran everyday for 30 minutes, I could have a treat, or something like that.

Actually, the best type of motivation in any form of exercise is music. Buy an iPod shuffle, or a sports mp3 player (Shuffle is the best, in my opinion, very light weight and small but the audio quality is excellent) and put on some hard, motivational music. It gives you a better sense of well being and it distracts you from what you're actually doing. Now, after a couple of months of being in the gym, you're going to look in the mirror and notice some differences. That's when you begin your addiction to working out because you see such a positive change in your body, that it makes you want to workout everyday. That's why I'm so motivated to go to the gym everyday. All it takes is a little patience.

Resha
05-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Yep. I'm needing some motivation here. Suicides are..SUICIDAL. I'll try the music and thankies. :D

crazybayman
05-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I'll be sure to check out the Isoplex too.

I listen to my MP3 player too while working out, with puh-lenty of Pantera, Coal Chamber, Slipknot, Sevendust, Drowning Pool, Static-X, etc blasting away in my ears. Keeps my intensity up.

The other good thing about it is that it lets you drown out the stupid radio they play at the gym. It drives me friggin' bananas when they play $hit like Ryan Cabrera (spelling?) or Jojo (the teen pop artist, not the EEoF member!) on the radio when your trying to work out.

Dingo Jellybean
05-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I do sit ups. I should show you my abs, just to make you folks jealous.

Peegee
05-06-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't work out, exercise, or eat properly.

Am I fat?

You tell me.

Miriel
05-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I do one hour of cardio and half an hour of weights (low weights, high repetition) three times a week and I take Pilates classes once a week.

I have gym buddies who work out with me and keep me company. If I didn't have them, I probably wouldn't have the motivation to work out. Plus they make me laugh, and laughter is supposed to be good for your abs. :p

Flamethrower
05-06-2005, 11:58 PM
I used to work out all the time, but I havn't been to the gym in months, and it's showing. Muscle mass has been getting smaller and the pudge in my stomach has been getting bigger. ;_; I have promised myself that I would start going again once Summer starts, so we will see how that goes.

The hardest part is not working out, but eating healthy. I try doing that once in awhile, and it makes me miserable. I just love pizza, donuts, and Chinese food too much.

Nod
05-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I LOVE MY BICEPS

sometimes I kiss them! :p

black orb
05-07-2005, 02:40 AM
>>> Everytime I try to work out the next day I quit, Im too lazy and I dont have any motivation..
I really envy the people who is able to shape a perfect body..

Alixsar
05-07-2005, 08:33 AM
I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for almost two years, and I run a lot. Basically, I'm in way better shape than you AND I can kick your ass. Suck it.

Rainecloud
05-07-2005, 09:12 AM
No, I don't work out. There's a set of weights under my bed, but I've not used them for a long time. I do try - honestly. It's just so hard to attempt to work out when you've had such a tiring day at work, and unfortunately, every single day is like that.

Having said that, I do walk to work and back every day, which takes 40 minutes each way. I'm hoping that this is having some sort of effect on my physical health.

Loony BoB
05-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Why would I work out when I can eat all I like and yet never gain more than a few pounds (which just end up going away again) over a seven or so year period? Seriously, I'm fit enough to live life any way I like right now. If I was going to run a marathon or something, I'd probably work out. But I'm not planning on running a marathon anytime soon. Hooray!

I wouldn't work out at a gym or something, ever, though. If anything, I'd get a job in a timber yard or something for the weekends. Why pay to work out when you can get paid to move large, heavy lengths of wood?

Christmas
04-25-2023, 01:08 AM
Hell ya! I like hitting the gym and carrying those weights. No sweat no gain. #something inspirational. Most importantly, i will tell everyone on social media about it!!! This is a must! Also preferably dressed in something sexy/hawt. :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
04-25-2023, 11:23 AM
Why would I work out when I can eat all I like and yet never gain more than a few pounds (which just end up going away again) over a seven or so year period?
GOD I MISS THIS

the 30s have been a disease that inflates my belly and I hate it