PDA

View Full Version : Kamarii's Ultimate Weapon....

Dark Falken
05-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok...I'm embarassed to have to ask about this one too. I've gotten Auron's, Yuna's, and Rikku's..and know how to get Tidus's ,Lulu's, and Wakka's...least I think i know about Wakka's..though I've gotten all his overdrives I still haven't gotten his final weapon piece to come up as a reward.... I thought I knew how to get Kimarrii's, but I'm having trouble. I've successfully completed the butterfly game and got a sphere..not sure which. I did this once early in the game, then again just a few days ago while trying to complete Kimarii's weapon. Now, when I finish it, all I get is an open chest. I read somewhere that there are two different butterfly games, are they in different places with the wood? If someone knows what I'm doing wrong please help me out...with Kimarii or with Wakka...or both. :) Sorry to be asking this, but none of the walkthroughs I've found give much detail. Thanks. :)

Old Manus
05-04-2005, 08:03 PM
To get the sigil, you have to master both areas (Central and North). You must also have the airship. Master one area and you recieve a teleport sphere, and master both to recieve the Sigil.

I personally have not done this myself, so I'm saying this from memory.

Dark Falken
05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
AH...ok. So there are two different areas. How does it work? Are there two different people to talk to to start the test? Where and/or how do you start the test in the other area? I did the one that's just one area up from where the light road starts (the one that takes you to where you upgrade the weapons)...there is also a save sphere there. Are there any landmarks that might help me find the other area?

Old Manus
05-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Let's see...There is a rainbow coloured butterfly at the end of each area. Touch it to start the game. Once you finish one in one area, feel free to go to the next.

Reign
05-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Okay. Here I go. My first ever big long speech:
Let's go
1.Tidus: To get his ultimate weapon you can find it in the north west of the Calm Lands. Someone should be standing in the way but to move him, win a Catcher Chocobo race. To get the Sun Crest, go down the stairs in the North of the Zanarkand Dome - The Beyond to another room where you can get it. To get the Sun Sigil, complete the Catcher Chocobo race in under 0 seconds :mad2:
2.Lulu: The weapon is behind some rocks in the Ruins - Underwater Hall, the place where you met that boss sort of at the beginning of the whole game. To get the Venus Crest, go to Guadosalam - The Farplane. It should be there. The Venus Sigil :mad2: : dodge 200 lightning strikes in a row in the Thunder Plains. Go to the front of the Travel Agency to get it after.
3.Kimahri:Press square in front of all the Qactuar stones to get a ghost that lead you to Kimahri's weapon. To get the Saturn Crest, start from Gagazet - Mountain Cave, go back through Fayth Cluster and into Prominence. Should be somewhere there. The Saturn Sigil is in the Macalania Woods after beating both the butterfly hunts. That's North and Central. Well, there you go call if you need anything else! :D

Vratar
05-04-2005, 08:18 PM
The second butterfly chase is only a screen or two past the first. There will be no person to talk to, just look for another rainbow butterfly.

As for Wakka, you can get his weapon from the barkeep in Luca. You will have had to play enough Blitzball for her to give it to you, though...

Here's a link to a whole bunch of FAQs for FF-X:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/197344.html

Fireblade13
05-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Wait you actually use kimarhi! or are you going for 100%? Good luck is what you really need thouh.

Dark Falken
05-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Hehe..I actually use em. I'm one of these people that like to roleplay a little while playing. In my game, in my head, he has a role to play. :) Yes, I know he's kinda sucky. :)

Thanks for all the help guys. I think that bit about where the second butterfly is located is what I needed for Kimarii. I still am not sure why Wakka's sigil hasn't showed up as a reward yet...I'm up to team level 16 or 17 and have his weapon and the first level of upgrade. Oh well...I guess I'll keep playing till it shows. It was fun for a while..now it's getting boring. :) I've still not gotten the nerve up to try the lightning dodging or the choco race...those sound like excercises in frustration. :)

Vratar
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
I still am not sure why Wakka's sigil hasn't showed up as a reward yet... I'm up to team level 16 or 17 and have his weapon and the first level of upgrade.

Do you have all the extra Reels for Wakka? You need to win the Attack Reels, Status Reels and Aurochs Reels before the Jupiter Sigil will show up as a prize. Check out the FAQs on the link I posted earlier for more details...

Dark Falken
05-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh yeah. I've got em all. I guess I'm just not lucky. I'll keep at it, eventually it should come up as a prize..just hope I don't mess around and lose!! :)