PDA

View Full Version : Tidus not learning Blitz abilities...

Vratar
05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, but have been loving the Final Fantasy games for years! I have what I think will end up being a simple question, but I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... :(

So far, I've played a full season and a tournament in Blitz, and won both. My players are advancing reasonably well, but I have not been able to learn a single new ability for Tidus! All of my other players have learned them, but for Tidus's mark, whenever I hit X when the "Techcopy" message is on, I just get the double "bu-bu" buzzer, and the tech is not learned. The only tech I have for 11th level Tidus is Sphere Shot. I'll have to go back for Jecht shot later...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Dark Falken
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
I've seen that too. You get the failure sound, but with no explaination. In my case it pops up for everyone, every now and then. It's not been relegated to just one player. If someone has figured out what this is I'd be curious about it too. I've done a few tests to try and firugre it out, but nothing was fruitful. It must be something I'm not taking into account.

disapointedchild
05-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Try and pushing it at the last second. If you push it right when it comes on, you are less likely to learn it. If you wait you have a better chance of getting, but also a greater chance of missing. Tricky tricky square.

Also, make sure the level of the person tidus is trying to learn it the technique from, is around the same level he is.

Seto Fett
05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
It may be and probably is, his key techniques. When Key techniques are learned, more moves are available for learning, plus moves you already can learn are a bit easier to learn. It also may be your trying to learn moves from higher level characters, which usually fails lol.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 07:11 AM
I read somewhere that you should press it right when the actual tech is done, so for a pass when they are bringing their arm forward to throw it, or for a tackle right when they charge. It seems to always work well for me.

Vratar
05-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, I've picked up a couple of tech for Tidus, including one Key Technique, but I still fail to learn them (with no explanation) most of the time he tries. I've been paying attention to respective levels, and even when Tidus is six levels higher, he still fails most of the time.

It ALWAYS seems to fail when the player he is trying to learn from is performing the action against Tidus. Has anyone else noticed this as a barrier to learing the tech?

I'm still winning my games, it's just frustrating that Tidus can't learn much when the other players on the team have been successful...

CardsOfTheHeart
05-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I read somewhere that you should press it right when the actual tech is done, so for a pass when they are bringing their arm forward to throw it, or for a tackle right when they charge. It seems to always work well for me.
Actually, I think that's only necessary for the Sphere Shot and Invisible Shot. The timings on those are INCREDIBLY hard. I've only copied the Sphere Shot- ONCE. And I can't seem to get the exact moment when the Invisible Shot is launched. :(

Vratar
05-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm having better luck now that I'm waiting a little bit when I see "Techcopy". I used to hit it the instant I saw it, but now my success rate is much better. Thanks everyone!