PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Villains Tournament

Agent Proto
05-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Alright, I feel like doing a tournament, and I haven't done any for awhile, so I might as well get to starting one. :)

Ok, I'm planning to have a tournament battling the greatest villains of Video Games, and yes, I'm sure that your favorite may not have made it in, but oh well, I can only find so many that they all can't make it. So sorry. :(

Anyway, I'm going to do this similar to Del Murder's Final Fantasy Tournaments. Anyway, I'm going to start seperate threads for each round, and when each one is finished, I'll have the threads combined with this one, hopefully, I'll have mod support to help me with that. Anyway, I'll start soon, this thread will be about the tournament as a whole. Let's hope your favorite villain wins. :) I paired them at randomly (although in alphabetical order, but in no order of games/series). So, let's get this thing going. Remember, this thread is about the tournament and results, the seperate threads for each round will have discussion about that round only.

Let's go!

Also, I'll give each set three days for voting. Hopefully this will do good and won't get in the way with the upcoming Ciddies Loony BoB is planning.

Flamethrower
05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
If Sephiroth wins, you are all going to hell.

Agent Proto
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Round One, Set One (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=61510) is up.

Jebus
05-04-2005, 10:50 PM

And I'll be helping to send you all there.

fuuijinmon zell
05-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Malcom Petruger: Doom3. He controls Hell...

YukiKiro
05-05-2005, 02:36 AM

And I'll be helping to send you all there.
allow me to be the third man to help send you to hell.

anyways, if you ask me Colonel Volgin should have a spot in this baddest villan tournament. for god's sake the guy's a walking lightning bolt, and to top it off he's a sadist. what's not to hate?

Lindy
05-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Congratulations for boringly copying GameFAQs at this exact moment, I hope you feel big about yourself now.

Agent Proto
05-05-2005, 03:07 AM
This is EoFF's version. >_>

That and it was pure coicidence at the time when I thought of this because I don't check GameFAQs all the time. I just found out today when I was looking for villains.

fire_of_avalon
05-05-2005, 03:42 AM
Proto, you are so awesome.

Strider
05-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Congratulations for boringly copying GameFAQs at this exact moment, I hope you feel big about yourself now.

The opinions here are probably more valid than the opinions at GameFAQs, anyway. Buncha fanboys, really. How else do you think Final Fantasy VII won their "best game evar" competition?

Erdrick Holmes
05-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Proto, for gods sakes. Change your sig, it makes my monitor cry.

Agent Proto
05-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Proto, for gods sakes. Change your sig, it makes my monitor cry.

blame foa.

Also, if you want to know which villain made it, here's the list, in the games/series they appear in.

Evrai (Breath of Fire 2)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Vergil (Devil May Cry 3)
Baal (Diablo 2)
Diablo (Diablo 2)
Jericho the gunner (Driv3r)
Pokey (Earthbound)
Garland (Final Fantasy)
Zande (Final Fantasy III)
Bahamut (Final Fantasy IV)
ExDeath (Final Fantasy V)
Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
Ultros (Final Fantasy VI)
Hojo (Final Fantasy VII)
Jenova (Final Fantasy VII)
Rufus Shinra (Final Fantasy VII)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
Seifer (Final Fantasy VIII)
Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII)
Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Sin (Final Fantasy X)
Menardi (Golden Sun)
Saturos (Golden Sun)
Justice (Guilty Gear X)
Ansem (Kingdom Hearts)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Ganon/Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)
Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
Ghaleon (Lunar)
Cackletta (Mario and Luigi)
Fawful (Mario and Luigi)
Dr. Wily (Mega Man)
Sigma (Mega Man X)
Lumine (Mega Man X8)
Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)
Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
Solidus Snake (Metal Gear Solid 2)
Mother Brain (Metroid)
Ridley (Metroid)
Eve (Parasite Eve)
Zio (Phantasy Star IV)
Gary (Pokemon)
Team Rocket (Pokémon)
Wesker (Resident Evil)
Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia)
Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia)
Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Andross (Star Fox)
Akuma (Street Fighter II)
M. Bison (Street Fighter II)
Roger Bacon (Shadow Hearts)
Yuber (Suikoden)
Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Cray (Suikoden IV)
Bowser(Super Mario Bros.)
Smithy (Super Mario RPG)
Yggdrasil (Tales of Symphonia)
Deus (Xenogears)
Ramus (Xenogears)
Albedo (Xenosaga I)
CATS (Zero Wing)

Lord Chainsaw
05-05-2005, 04:55 AM
The opinions here are probably more valid than the opinions at GameFAQs, anyway. Buncha fanboys, really. How else do you think Final Fantasy VII won their "best game evar" competition?

I wholeheartily agree with the Gamefaqs poll consesus that Final Fantasy VII deserved the win. Besides, if you've ever bothered to check the forums you'll realize that gamefaqs boards are full of quite the opposite of what the poll reflects: the pseudo-hardcore, wanna-be elitist gamers (For example "FF7, Halo, and Halo 2 are the three worst games ever made." "Anyone who plays games for story is a moron, Gameplay is the only reason to play them, which is why they're called video games." "Bill Gates is evil. Microsoft sucks." "The only good type of RPG is a 2D RPG") Basically their entire world revolves around saying anything opposite of what a casual gamer would say. When it comes to the LUE, I'll admit they're quite a bunch of fun on topics other than games. But they have very, very poor attitudes as gamers. I'm very happy to see this is a much more mature site, and we generally don't have those types of people here.

Now I know I myself do quite a bit of complaining on some casual gaming matters, but that doesn't mean that I disrespect the games completely or don't see their appeal. As much as I am an avid opponent of the entire "coolness" factor in video games, I'm not going to judge a game and say it's terrible simply because it is trying to appear cool. I'm a known Dante-hater, but that doesn't mean I hate Devil May Cry. I dislike Master Chief's appeal, but I love Halo. My main point is probably that contempt shouldn't be shown to games on the basis of who it appeals to. Sometimes this is difficult, and I've often turned game on with a bias already formulated in my head, but that doesn't stop me from coming to a judgment of whether or not that is a good game (case in point: Metroid Prime). It's very hard to accept this, even for me when I see the market being flooded by nearly identical games. I guess a better point to argue would be that over all quality of games is declining, rather than the target market.

But anyways, the point is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with voting for FF7 in the best game ever tournament. I voted for it all the way. It in no way makes you a casual gamer, or is something you should be ashamed of. I voted against Ocarina of Time out of every one of its matches bar the first one. I thought half the games in the contest deserved to be there more than that game. And yes, consequentially, that makes me believe that Final Fantasy 7 is superior to Ocarina of Time. It would be a great favor to me as a genuine gamer if we didn't operate under those "gamefaqs message board user" assumptions, because there are gamers out there with different tastes.

Jebus
05-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

*takes Proto off the list of awesomecool people*

Now we know who's going to win. Sephiroth ALWAYS wins these things because "OMFG liek sepiroth is so kewl lololol!!!111oneone"

*rants and complains angrily some more*

Agent Proto
05-05-2005, 06:18 AM
How do you know he's going to win? Round one hasn't even passed. :p

Jebus
05-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Because he ALWAYS wins these things. It's gonna end either Kefka (cool) vs Seph (boo) or Magus (yay) vs Seph (no)

Gamefaqs 1st law.
The number of votes for Sephiroth in a character tourney are directly proportional to the number of people under the age of 15. :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-05-2005, 07:03 AM
How is it that Grahf and Id not on the list!? INFIDEL!

Lindy
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Ramerez (Skies of Arcadia)
Mithos (Tales of Symphonia)
It's Ramirez, with an I not an E, and please, change it to Yggdrasil, since saying Mithos is the villain is a HUGE spoiler and can ruin the game for a lot of people (ruined it for me), you don't find out that Mithos = Yggdrasil until a fair time on in the game after all.

Zifnab
05-05-2005, 08:45 PM
How is it that Grahf and Id not on the list!? INFIDEL!
I concur with this, especially Grahf.

Oh, and it's Ramsus. Ramus was the fat little wanker from Lunar. Speaking of which, good job on putting Ghaleon in there. :)

Flamethrower
05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
No Ricardo Diaz or Officer Tenpenny? Boo.

A million bucks says Sephiroth or Kefka will win. I'd put the latter as more likely, since I think most people in GGD seem to be immune to the "OMG SEPH IS TEH COOL!" syndrome.

Sephiroths Clone
05-06-2005, 02:46 AM
GANON!!!! or Ganadorf from Zelda come on people

StarlightAngel
05-06-2005, 02:55 AM
Yggdrasil is on the list?! YAY! XD Ah, but there's also Menardi, Saturos, and Ramirez :/

NO ALEX?! (Golden Sun) O_O

Agent Proto
05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Round One, Set Two is up: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=61608

black orb
05-06-2005, 05:19 PM
>>> You people forgot Lezard Valeth.. Unforgivable!!

Psychotic
05-06-2005, 11:03 PM
CATS lost? What the crap is wrong with you people?

I'm gonna make 50 accounts and vote Sephiroth with each and every one of them for this.

Flamethrower
05-07-2005, 12:02 AM
I thought people stopped liking CATS years ago when the ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US fad died.

lordblazer
05-08-2005, 02:34 AM
yeah that fad has failed i dont even know who CATS is lol.

Agent Proto
05-08-2005, 02:41 AM
All Your Base Are Not Belong To Us

Also, Round One, Set Three is up. http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=61708

Round One, Set Four is up. http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=61816

Old Manus
05-14-2005, 10:09 AM
CATS did not win. In his rage he will take all your base. He will do it so fast that you will have no chance to survive make your time.

Captain Maxx Power
05-15-2005, 02:13 PM
CATS did not win. In his rage he will take all your base. He will do it so fast that you will have no chance to survive make your time.

What you say?!

Old Manus
05-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I say we get signal. So main screen turn on.

Psychotic
05-15-2005, 06:34 PM
How are you gentlemen?

Jack
05-16-2005, 09:09 AM
*cries*

If Seph wins, then may everyone of you suffer a lovely painful death.

Agent Proto
05-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Round Two, Set Three is up.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=62340

KentaRawr!
05-31-2005, 05:04 AM
You know what you doing take off every Sephiroth.

Sepho
05-31-2005, 07:16 PM
>>> You people forgot Lezard Valeth.. Unforgivable!!

Not sure how I missed this post, but yeah, high-five.

Yew-Yevon
05-31-2005, 07:21 PM
why isn't colonel Vulgin from Snake Eater on that list?

Old Manus
06-01-2005, 09:51 AM
He electro-fried Proto's mind so he forgot about it probably.

Agent Proto
06-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok, winner is finally among us!

We all know who it is.

Not Sephiroth!

It's Kefka!
http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/customzone/customcon/pollard/Kefka1.jpg
WTF, that toy scares me. ;_;

And yes, this tournament was a failure... ;_; I failed you all.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Just don't have Sephiroth or Kefka on the list next time... if Sephiroth doesn't win, then Kefka does. :greenie:

Try to have more unpopular villains instead! :D

Old Manus
06-08-2005, 10:24 PM
CATS must win.

Dreddz
06-11-2005, 01:07 PM
:(

Kefka = Lesbian

fire_of_avalon
06-13-2005, 03:07 AM
*unstuckified*

AND KEFKA IS NOT A LESBIAN *bans*

Yew-Yevon
06-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Vulgin. he was like totaly evil to Eva

Ste
06-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Luca blight lost to ultros, i can only assume that is because not as many people have played Suikoden II, i mean, he is the most evil villian ever, does no one remember the scene

not really a spoiler but anyway, he slaughters the whole village and makes that woman act like a pig so he wont kill her then just kills her anyway

he is just a brutal killing machine, evilest bad guy by a mile, and he lost to a purple octopus. never mind eh.

The Man
06-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Maaan, I can't believe I missed this.

Roger Bacon and Luca Blight deserved better. ;_; But Kefka is a valid choice, he's just rather predictable. ;)